Hilton Homewood Suites Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.0

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Cape Canaveral, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Fast interview, almost immediate hire. Was told there was a staff shortage and that I might be required to work additional hours/shifts/positions. My interview was with the GM and Food Service Manager. Felt rushed. Was given a quick tour of the work areas.
    Introduced to several employees but had no time to speak with them directly. I observed the work of a couple of people and noticed some areas that needed improvement. Again, I felt rushed. Some employees were fearful of "getting into trouble" but did not elaborate. Was given the opportunity to ask questions but since I have done this work before, I didn't have any immediate questions. My questions came AFTER the interview when I wondered about employee training and satisfaction. Still wondering about why there is a staff shortage especially since there are so many people looking for work in the area.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The manager asked me a few questions from a list, had me meet the assistant manager and hired me on the spot. I did a drug test immediately after and started working within the next 2 weeks or so.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites in August 2017.

Interview

I spent more time filling out the application, than I did meeting with the General Manager and Front Desk Manager. As we were sitting down, the General Manager asked me about my current employer, and if I was looking to leave, and how she would love to steal an employee from my current General Manager.

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (North Charleston, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Very short, no thought put into the questions. Asked very easy and straight forward ones. Did not have any sense of urgency but also was very eager to get back to the office

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Ended up interviewing with the general manager instead of the supervisor of the position who I had been talking to in a one on one interview in the lobby of the hotel. The man was very nice and easy to talk to, which made the process a lot less nerve wracking. Little questions were asked about qualifications and relevant experience. There seemed to be a focus on trying to figure out the personality fit and interests of the candidate. At the end, there were some simple math questions that I was expected to do in my head.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were proud of what you accomplished.
      Tell me something you loved and hated about a previous job.
      What is something you love to do in your free time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daphne, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Daphne, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process ran for about fifteen minutes. Questions of explaining your best customer service experience, and why I wanted to work for Hilton were brought up briefly. There was more emphasize on what the jobs entailed, what the hours would be, and what was expected of me as a front desk agent. Very relaxed, quick, and easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave amazing customer service.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Hilton?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked at a hotel before?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Palm Beach Gardens, FL).

Interview

I was invited to 2 interviews, one with the Sales Director and one with the GM. The atmosphere was very casual. The interview with the GM actually included her 6 yr old daughter running in and out without any mention of it being odd. I appreciate the casual environment, but I've never been in an interview like this before. I received an email from the Sales Director after the 2nd interview saying that she would like me to meet with the owner of the hotel. I also received an email from the GM saying "Good luck".
    I found the experience very unusual and I never heard back again.

Interview Questions

• 5 random questions ex. Favorite food? Favorite band? What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranford, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Cranford, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

It was quick and easy - I was asked about my customer service skills and if i am reliable and if i am willing to come in on time everyday which is very important to them

Interview Questions

• I did not have any unexpected question as i was well prepared   1 Answer

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Memphis, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Pretty quick process I applied and within weeks I got a call for a face to face interview next day got my offer letter online and did my background check and got a call for my start date it was very quick easy and laid back

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Front Desk Person Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites.

Interview

Walk-in, was told someone would speak with me after I filled application out. I brought application back. I stepped outside to retrieve my recommendation letter. A young woman manager stated we do not hire anyone with any kind of criminal background! Then she escorted me to the door!

Interview Questions

• She asked me if I was myself   1 Answer