Hilton Homewood Suites Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.1

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Ended up interviewing with the general manager instead of the supervisor of the position who I had been talking to in a one on one interview in the lobby of the hotel. The man was very nice and easy to talk to, which made the process a lot less nerve wracking. Little questions were asked about qualifications and relevant experience. There seemed to be a focus on trying to figure out the personality fit and interests of the candidate. At the end, there were some simple math questions that I was expected to do in my head.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were proud of what you accomplished.
      Tell me something you loved and hated about a previous job.
      What is something you love to do in your free time?
      Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daphne, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Daphne, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process ran for about fifteen minutes. Questions of explaining your best customer service experience, and why I wanted to work for Hilton were brought up briefly. There was more emphasize on what the jobs entailed, what the hours would be, and what was expected of me as a front desk agent. Very relaxed, quick, and easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave amazing customer service.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Hilton?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked at a hotel before?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Palm Beach Gardens, FL).

Interview

I was invited to 2 interviews, one with the Sales Director and one with the GM. The atmosphere was very casual. The interview with the GM actually included her 6 yr old daughter running in and out without any mention of it being odd. I appreciate the casual environment, but I've never been in an interview like this before. I received an email from the Sales Director after the 2nd interview saying that she would like me to meet with the owner of the hotel. I also received an email from the GM saying "Good luck".
    I found the experience very unusual and I never heard back again.

Interview Questions

• 5 random questions ex. Favorite food? Favorite band? What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Memphis, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Pretty quick process I applied and within weeks I got a call for a face to face interview next day got my offer letter online and did my background check and got a call for my start date it was very quick easy and laid back

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Front Desk Person Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites.

Interview

Walk-in, was told someone would speak with me after I filled application out. I brought application back. I stepped outside to retrieve my recommendation letter. A young woman manager stated we do not hire anyone with any kind of criminal background! Then she escorted me to the door!

Interview Questions

• She asked me if I was myself   1 Answer

Kitchen Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview took place in a lovely conference room. I was interview by the general manager. She offered me water and made me feel at ease. The questions were valid but not overly complex.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Livingston, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was basic! A look over at my resume, my qualifications, quick rundown of why I left jobs on my resume, my accomplishments, my strengths and weaknesses, how to handle a guest issue, how to manage my time, how to approach and diffuse sensitive issues, my ability to meet deadlines.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name of of my most valued achievements
      Q: How do I overcome obstacles and challenges when faced with stressful situations
      Q: name a time you exceeded a guest expectation
      Q: one way you turned a negative guest experience into a positive one
      Answer Question

Houseperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Ithaca, NY).

Interview

very simple he was looking for a houseperson need to be able to work mornings and was concerned about my driver licence i told him never had a ticket nor accident he was pleased then he asked me a few questions about how i greet and meet people, am i friendly? and i answered all his questions and he said that i needed to take a drug test we set up the test and i took it that week then a week later i came in and he offered me the job starting at 9.00hr

Negotiation

asked for 10 dollars he said he will start me out at 9.00

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Fort Myers, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Walked in with my resume and filled out and application, received a call back the next day and had an interview in person with the GM and assistant GM. Most question were expected and not difficult such as, "what are your expectations about the job?", "how will your experience help you?" etc.

Negotiation

If you are overqualified for this job like I was, i would suggest trying to negotiate your starting pay rate. I was never told my pay until after i was hired, during the orientation process. Don't forget to ask beforehand.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranford, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Homewood Suites (Cranford, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through a listing on Craigslist ad. Received an email from the mgr to do an interview next day. Dressed up for the interview. Got there 20 minutes early. 10 minutes to fill out paperwork and waited the next 10 minutes. The lady at the front desk ended up conducting my interview that asked 1 question since the mgr was going to be in a meeting "all day."

Interview Questions

• Asked my flexibility and stated only "nights," as it was advertised part-time/overnight. She said she will call if they're interested. Waste of time.   Answer Question