Cover image for Hobbs

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Hobbs Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 35 of over 35 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hobbs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hobbs (New York, NY) in Jul 2022

Interview

I had scheduled a phone screening with them, they missed it. I no longer wanted to move forward they texted me to; I agreed. We had a phone interview. Next step was in person. They accommodated me and had one scheduled far out in advance; asking me to take PTO to expedite it. I went to the in person interview. Then they wanted me to go in person to headquarters in Connecticut after meeting them where the job would be, in New York. No mention of compensation or if I had the job. DO NOT CONTINUE WITH THEM UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO DO AT LEAST THREE INTERVIEWS, TRAVEL AT LEAST TWO TIMES - THE SECOND TIME BEING AT LEAST TWO AND A HALF HOURS.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you leaving your current employer? What do you do in day to day? What are you looking for? Are you interested in next steps?
    1 Answer

Hobbs

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hobbs

Interview

Never heard back from the recruiter after a final stage interview. Was disappointing to get to the end of the process and not even receive a email to notify me that they decided to go for the other person even after several attempts to contact them.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobbs (Glasgow, Scotland)

Interview

Interview questions surrounding company background, competitors and describe your customer service/sales experience. After interview with manager you are brought down to the shop floor to pick an outfit for an occasion (e.g. wedding) and the manager observes how you interact with the customers.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the company? What are our competitors? How do we stand out from our competitors?

Hobbs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobbs

Interview

It was a good interview. I answered to the best of my abilities. I could not have done better. The interviewer was intimidating. I read lot of books. I wish others wojld do so too.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hobbs

Application

I interviewed at Hobbs

Interview

I filled in an application form online and then received a phone call to come for an interview at the store. I went for an interview at the store with the store manager and was then interviewed by the area manager. I received a phone call regarding the outcome.

Interview Questions
  • What was my previous retail experience and how I would upsell a dress.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobbs (Watford, East of England, England)

Interview

The whole process from start to finish was seamless and extremely pleasant. The recruitment manager gave feedback at every stage and was really helped with ‘setting up for success’ as every level. The hiring manager was a strong candidate that reflected and the endorsed the company wonderfully (she really made you want to work with her at Hobbs). Essentially, the people that I met whilst interviewing were a true embodiment of the company and the culture within the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobbs (London, England) in Sep 2019

Interview

I applied online then I received a phone call which was basically a phone interview . This was totally unplanned however I was comfortable to explain my previous experience . I received an email confirmation for a face to face interview . I went there and nobody seem to expect me . I wasn’t told what department the role was for . The interview went ok , the AB / B was very friendly however she was very distracted with her iwatch . I left and never heard back from them ever . I am still chasing .

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your previous experience as baa

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hobbs (London, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

Interview with senior merchandisers asking more about your management skills, soft skills, how you work with your buying team and range build. No numerical testing more interested in you as a person. Failed to give a result of the Interview indicating communication is not their strong point

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hobbs (Glasgow, Scotland)

Interview

I applied online, and got an e-mail asking when I would be available for an interview 4 days after I applied. Got an interview two days after, and sat down with the manager in store. The interview was just a bunch of questions, asking about customer service, retail, sales and previous experience and why I would like to work in retail and at Hobbs. The interview was about 30 minutes long, and I was offered a trial shift after, which I had the following week. The interview went really well and the person interviewing me was really nice. I had the trial shift, and was told they would be in contact shortly after. The next day I got an e-mail saying I did not get the job, even though both the interview and trial shift went very well. I was a bit shocked, as it seemed like I was gonna get it, however that was not the case. I got to know the store and some of the people working there, and it really got my hopes up when getting a trial shift. The staff was lovely, but I was very shocked and sad when I got that e-mail.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Hobbs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobbs

Interview

The lady who interviewed me came across as cold and couldn't accurately describe the job role despite being a senior staff member recruiting for the position. When I asked if the position was paid or not the lady avoided the question instead of being upfront about the position being unpaid. I find it odd that there wasn't a recruitment process which involved HR. I also think it's disgusting that such an established company would refuse to pay their interns, whilst expecting them to relocate to central London.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Interviews