Home Hardware Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Hardware Stores

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolfville, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Hardware Stores (Wolfville, NS (Canada)).

Interview

I met my former retired boss twenty-one years ago at a cafe. I sat down at a table with him and ordered a coffee and he offered to also buy a bagel which he said he also liked. He was very pleasant and was interested in what skills I would bring. He was also impressed that I was a Christian and that my last boss mentioned that. He said that is one reason he hired me because of integrity.

Interview Questions

• What kind of music do you like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He told me what I would be making and the hours and if I could start the following Monday.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Home Hardware Stores (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Didn't take long, had an interview the day after I applied. There were two people who interveiwed me and we sat down at a little table at the food court. It was very loud but they were really nice to me and seemed to like me.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a costumer was not satisfied   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

stores are owned independently so it varies. In my instance it was very easy and informal. not very corporate considering the pay and responsibility. It was conducted solely with the current manager who was slowly stepping aside. He co-managed for a bit before reducing his hours. I was grateful to get the job

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process was simple and the questions were expected. I submitted by resume, filled out an application and got a call back about a week later to come in for an interview. The interview took place in the managers office. The assistant manager interviewed me and asked me about myself and since I had no previous work experience I was asked scenario questions that would demonstrate my ability to deal with customers. I got offered the job on the spot right after my interview.

Interview Questions

• "What do you do if you are working at cash and a customer starts to pick a fight with you over returning a damaged item that has an expired receipt?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thompson, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Home Hardware Stores (Thompson, MB (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was very casual, not many questions were asked other than more personal type questions. At the end of the interview I was told that I would get a phone call witb a start date if I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Elgin, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Hardware Stores (Port Elgin, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job in person and received a call within in a week for an interview. At the interview the manager was very welcoming and friendly. The interview was very laid back with general questions about past experiences and how I would react in particular situations. Overall it was relatively short in length.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kindersley, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Hardware Stores (Kindersley, SK (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

With resume in store, interview was quick, hired immediately. No experience necessary. They don't keep staff long, so turnover is great. Not a place to work. It is very heavy work, that is not made clear during the interview. Focus of being a cashier is all that is talked about at the interview until changes are made when you start. Usually on the 3rd shift is when you start unloading stock, cleaning floors and shelves and cleaning the bathrooms (4 of them) they have no janitorial staff, nor warehouse staff. You are all of it. The interview is misleading.

Interview Questions

• When can you start? are you available all shifts?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Hardware Stores (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

A very young guy interview me. His experience indicated he was not up to the challenge of talking to a mature person with experience. Was sure he had made up his mind on who to hire, so was a waste of time, but good insight as to how Home Hardware operates.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel lucky? That was the question, seriously.   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wetaskiwin, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Home Hardware Stores (Wetaskiwin, AB (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

Friendly and welcoming, math quiz to start but it wasn't that tough, interviewer explained the job to me, basic questions asked, seemed to be looking at how I would fit in to the company

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Hardware Stores in February 2009.

Interview

describe your best moments and worst moments as a manager. Also your weak points and strong points.