KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Honey Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 68 of over 68 interviews

Employee Referral15%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Honey

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honey

Interview

Applied online then was contacted for what I assume is the onsite. Two Rounds of coding over Microsoft Teams. Very nice and helpful interviewers. The interviewers were very professional as well.

Interview Questions
  • Interview 1: 1) https://leetcode.com/problems/string-to-integer-atoi/ Had to cover edge cases. All edge cases had to pass like -2147000000, and 2147000000. 2) Describe REST methods 3) what header in HTTP controls caching? 4) 3 Bulbs and 3 Switches puzzle Interview 2: 1) Design an extremely simple OOP design. That keeps track of min, max, and average. Both interviewers wanted to know my Node.js experience. Seems like that is what they are looking for in the role I applied to.
    Answer Question

Honey

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honey in Jan 2022

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I had then a 30 minutes background check with them. The second stage was with the hiring manager where we talk about the role, Honey, PayPal and my experience. The last stage (I believe so) was a of Honey Pitch with a panel interview of 3 people playing the client. The process was long but easy. However after the pitch I did not hear back from HR for quite some time. I reached out to them to know what would be the next step and they told me they pulled out the role. I do not find this very professional coming from Honey & PayPal. You should if you can hire or not. Job seeker are spending a lot time preparing for interview....

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Honey

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Honey

Application

I interviewed at Honey

Interview

Waited 13 minutes for the interviewer to show up after emailing the Recruiting Coordinator about 9 minutes after the interview start time. In that interview, I was told I was moving on, but 4 days later I was rejected. Throughout the process, both people I spoke to seemed unhappy that they had been acquired by PayPal.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Honey

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honey

Interview

Initial process was very easy - I had 3 separate calls with various team members that were 30 minutes each. The interviewers were easy to talk to and asked good questions. The issue I had was with the recruitment team. I did not hear back for 3 weeks after my final interview. When I finally followed up, they responded within the hour to let me know they moved forward with another candidate. It is disappointing as it seems they were not going to inform me of this.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Honey

Application

I interviewed at Honey

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. The interviewer has some difficulty setting up the call initially but once started things went smooth. The interview call lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Use es6 to make an array of promise calls

Honey

Application

I interviewed at Honey

Interview

Initial phone screening with recruiter, then a phone call with a senior analyst. Then a typical take home data science project, followed by an on site interview with both behavioral and sql questions

Interview Questions
  • Data Case Study (powerpoint). Discover insights and make business decisions

Honey

Application

I interviewed at Honey

Interview

There were 5 sessions that covered various competencies in recruiting and allowed you to meet the whole team. It was an extremely pleasant process and I got hired! The team has been spectacular to work with!

Interview Questions
  • In one session they asked me to review resumes and identify candidate I would or would not contact and why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honey (London, England)

Interview

Consisted of a phone screening and a technical interview. The technical interviewer spent a majority of our time asking questions about my AI background and how AI could be used in testing.

Interview Questions
  • Take a string and remove all the miscellaneous characters from it, and return the number of times a specific word appears in the remaining string.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honey (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Recruiter started late. They expect you to provide high-quality answers based off a mediocre job posting that has minimal information about the work you will be doing. They said the interview was going to be casual, but I felt like it was just a one-sided interview the whole time.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Why did you apply to Honey? 2) What about the job posting made you apply for this position? 3) Talk about an experience where you dealt with a difficult person. Initial interview is with a recruiter, second interview is with a hiring manager, and final interview is with 4 Honey staff members.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honey (Santa Barbara, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

Three interviews. First interview, 30 mins, is basically chatting with someone to make sure you're a good fit for the position. Second interview, about 45 mins, is a bit technical (we went over my projects and got asked a question on javascript). Last interview, 2.5-3 hours, consisted of 4 interviews. One coding challenge, two technical interviews, and one "hackaton" interview. Throughout the entire interviewing process, the recruited kept reaching out to ask how I felt and was super nice and reassuring. On top of that, every interviewer was warm and friendly and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Interviews

Honey Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Honey as 60.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.82 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Front End Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Member Experience Specialist and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Honey takes an average of 22 days when considering 77 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Front End Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 12 days), whereas Software Engineer(Internship) roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 40 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Honey according to 77 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 34.31%