Horace Mann Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.8

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL).

Interview

Applied via company website. Phone interviews with both HR representative and the supervisor of the position, followed by in person interviews with the supervisor as well as other actuaries in the department. From applying to interviewing to hearing back from them all took about 3 weeks. Very great HR, they keep you informed throughout the entire process.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Horace Mann.

Interview

Standard in-person interview. It was very conversational and the interviewer asked many questions about my both my personal and educational background. Seemed very interested as she asked several follow-up questions.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Called up because of a resume I gave at a college career fair. Had a phone interview with HR/recruiter followed by in-person interviews with 2 different managers, followed by a phone interview with the manager I would be working with

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL).

Interview

Phone, typing test online, in person. In person is with 2 interviewers. Stabdard questions, "why you, why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years.. etc".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Typically looking for people coming from minimum wage jobs. They have so many applicants each time they will juat withdraw the offer.

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Easy. I applied online and took a test. I took the test and got a call to interview. I interviewed and a few days later I got the job. It took about 1 month from time of application to offer.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Irving, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was smooth and very informative, The Interviewer was very kind and one on one conversation, I felt relaxed and welcomed. I had to go through screen interview, then 2nd interview, then background check. It was a quick and painless process.

Interview Questions

• What can be expected from you?   1 Answer

Field Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Horace Mann in May 2016.

Interview

Complete idiots...they direct you to an online test which has nothing to do with aptitude but how you compare with others who took the test...they really want folks for be "agency owners" and pay out of pocket (1099)

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Several years ago I applied for a position with Horace Mann. I was interviewed but did not get the job. Subsequently they have called me, and asked me to apply for two job openings (mind you, I did not plan on applying for either job, I only did because they asked me to apply). I was interviewed and lead to believe that I was going to get the last job, and then still was not hired. This has happened twice, so shame on me for falling for their tactics a second time. I don't know why a company would do this to a person. It's mean, and unjustified, and actually is a form of harassment.

Field Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then in person one on one interview, and final interview was a PowerPoint presentation and panel interview. Very detailed and the HR rep covers benefits and perks before being selected for a position so you have a good understanding of what the company offers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Open to salary negotiations but it was a very small bump. They are open about salary potential in the interview process

Claims Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Morrisville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied...was sent an offer to complete a secondary application...a recruiter called me a week later...I interviewed in person a week after that with 2 supervisors, 1 trainer, and then the AVP of the department. I was a great experience & I left feeling positive about the position. I am awaiting their decision, so I chose "Did not get an offer" for the moment. If that changes, I will update this post.

**UPDATE: I got the offer & I start in 3 weeks. I am very excited.