Horace Mann Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Horace Mann

2.9

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Nashville, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

answered add in paper met with manager, took insurance exams, went to training, worked with other agents, assigned location worked with school teachers a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Horace Mann.

Interview

Standard in-person interview. It was very conversational and the interviewer asked many questions about my both my personal and educational background. Seemed very interested as she asked several follow-up questions.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Called up because of a resume I gave at a college career fair. Had a phone interview with HR/recruiter followed by in-person interviews with 2 different managers, followed by a phone interview with the manager I would be working with

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL).

Interview

Applied via company website. Phone interviews with both HR representative and the supervisor of the position, followed by in person interviews with the supervisor as well as other actuaries in the department. From applying to interviewing to hearing back from them all took about 3 weeks. Very great HR, they keep you informed throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Horace Mann.

Interview

The interview process involved meeting with the business manager and an assortment of other business and technical personnel. It was a fairly comprehensive interview. Everyone was friendly and very competent in their respective domain. The process was very straightforward with no gotchas or trick questions. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in disagreement with your management and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

The first interview was conducted over the phone with an in-house recruiter. It was fairly relaxed and she was very pleasant. I was invited to a 2nd interview a few days later. During this interview I met with an accounting supervisor and a manager. They asked me the basic interview questions plus questions about the processes I would use. Overall, not a good position for an aspiring CPA.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

I was called at 5PM and offered asked to come in at 9AM the next day to interview, so they gave very little time to prepare. The 9AM interview was a recruiter screening, and they asked me to come back later in the day to interview with the hiring manager. The interview itself was fairly straightforward: I met some of the engineers and they asked engineering related questions concerning database design and rapid development techniques. They gave me one programming problem to work out on paper, but it was also pretty easy. The interview went well, but it would have gone much better if I had been more prepared.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class and when would you use each?   Answer Question

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Several years ago I applied for a position with Horace Mann. I was interviewed but did not get the job. Subsequently they have called me, and asked me to apply for two job openings (mind you, I did not plan on applying for either job, I only did because they asked me to apply). I was interviewed and lead to believe that I was going to get the last job, and then still was not hired. This has happened twice, so shame on me for falling for their tactics a second time. I don't know why a company would do this to a person. It's mean, and unjustified, and actually is a form of harassment.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Tampa, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a branch manager. We went to Insurance school together. He asked questions that are typical of the profession, they are trying to see if you are a salesman or clerical type. Have a good idea of the enviorment is good. You will spend alot of time in the teachers breakroom, with a table setup. You may want to do raffles or even giveaways to get teacher and staff info. Property and casualty may be your best bet for getting infront of folks.

Interview Questions

• How would you get someone with State Farm to come over to Horace Mann Insurance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

100% commission, no negotiating.

Property Adjuster Interview

Interview

One interview; two management members; very nice and informative; the work culture is very comfortable and the management supports the team with good training and backup.