Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma

Mudlogger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

1.5 hour phone call. It was very easy for me because of my education. They tried to convince you that this will open many doors for you, but my peers that worked for HWL disagree.

Interview Questions

• Have you always wanted to work in the petroleum Industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma (New York, NY).

Interview

It was too easy. No questions asked about significant events while drilling. They do not teach mud cut or any type of well control situations. No lag calculations taught either.ne

Interview Questions

• It was too easy. No questions asked about significant events while drilling. They do not teach mud cut or any type of well control situations. No lag calculations taught either.   Answer Question

Logging Geologist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interviews with the hiring manager and field operations manager. An offer was given, we discussed a few minor details and I accepted the offer. I started about a month after the offer because I was already on a hitch with my former company.

Interview Questions

• My experience, what I was looking for.   1 Answer

Mud Logger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

Casual phone interview about my prior experience and the job. Lots of fluff and over exaggerations to make the job seem better. Talked for about a half hour and they flew me out to Tulsa,OK for training the next week.

Interview Questions

• No real screening questions just conversation about past experience and expectations.   Answer Question

Logging Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

The interview for the job I applied for was fairly straight forward. I arranged for a phone interview with a recruiter at their headquarters a few days after applying online. The interviewer asked a series of questions on my background, education, and overall career goals. No behavioral questions were asked. I feel that it was a relatively easy interview since I felt confident and prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your senior thesis.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations were held.

Application

Interview

Phone interview followed by a mailed packet. Phone interview conducted by person who you may never meet, but generally in the region your expecting to work in. It is a relatively easy process but at this time the company doesnt seem to be hiring as the price of oil has gone down.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

I sent Horizon a cover letter, resume and college transcripts, I was scheduled for a phone interview a day or so later. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes or so and covered my educational experience and research. An easy interview if you are confident in you abilities. I was sent an application package which included an application for employment and forms for background screening. An offer letter appeared in my email a couple of days after returning the application package.

Do not expect any salary negotiation, you either accept their offer or you do not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a mud logger/geologist?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Application

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting a phone interview 2 days later. 90 minutes after that phone interview I received a job offer email, in which I had 3 days to accept or reject. I originally accepted and was told to purchase a plane ticket to Tulsa, and I would be reimbursed. I did so and attended training. Horizon paid for a motel for you to stay at and you are in a run-down motel room with a roommate and one full size bed and a couch. Day one of the training, you are escorted to a lab for a drug test. Then there is classroom training, safety training and mock rig training when you are in a trailer analyzing samples. This was not difficult at all, but after seeing the trailers you are expected to live and work in, and learning that getting days off was more or less a lottery, I decided not to take the job. I got a ride to the airport and no reimbursement for my flight as promised.

Interview Questions

• Questions were if I knew what a well logger did, questions about previous employment, why did I want to be a mudlogger, how well did I do in sed/strat. I was asked about my skills in identifying minerals and rocks. Nothing really out of left field.   Answer Question

Salary and working conditions was not high enough to justify relocating to Oklahoma.

Logging Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

I interviewed online at Monster.com. I was then contacted by the recruiter to schedule an interview.Got interviewed by 3 people via the phone and follows by an email offer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are behavior questions plus a question about if I've had any experience on the rig, and another question about how I felt about working outdoor.   Answer Question

Logging Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma in March 2014.

Interview

Only had one interview for the position and it was very simple. Was a phone call interview and they asked very generic questions, nothing tough about it. I think they are more so looking for bodies, and if you are competent and willing to work long hours there is a very likely chance you will be hired. Training is in a way a second interview, you just have to pass this and then you are in.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about mud logging?   1 Answer