Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma Interview Questions

Interviews at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in September 2011.

Interview

Direct and over the phone was hired on the spot. Easiest interview I ever had. If you get a offer over the phone then you have to go to their office in Tulsa for your initial training. There they make you take a personality test and a drug test.

Mud Logger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

Casual phone interview about my prior experience and the job. Lots of fluff and over exaggerations to make the job seem better. Talked for about a half hour and they flew me out to Tulsa,OK for training the next week.

Interview Questions

• No real screening questions just conversation about past experience and expectations.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Phone interview and hired a few days later.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

well, i had a phone call interview and on site interview. and then i met some of the geologist at the site and they showed me around the site. And they also talk to me what they do and how sometimes they have to be on the site for long hours in the middle of the nowhere.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma (Arlington, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview format, and the interviewer was nice and respecetful. They will offer a position very soon after the interview. Really was friendly and made the interview process smooth and easy going, while keeping the interview professional. Was prepared with resume in front of them and asked about several aspects of the resume in order to explain certain skills/experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about any mudlogging experience and what kind of classes taken in college.   1 Answer

Mudlogger Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

I received the phone call, breathed and was hired. Was told to go to Tulsa and train. I was trained by a bunch of idiots who hold high positions in this company. They must clean house.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma (New York, NY).

Interview

It was too easy. No questions asked about significant events while drilling. They do not teach mud cut or any type of well control situations. No lag calculations taught either.ne

Interview Questions

• It was too easy. No questions asked about significant events while drilling. They do not teach mud cut or any type of well control situations. No lag calculations taught either.   Answer Question

Mudlogger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

1.5 hour phone call. It was very easy for me because of my education. They tried to convince you that this will open many doors for you, but my peers that worked for HWL disagree.

Interview Questions

• Have you always wanted to work in the petroleum Industry?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting a phone interview 2 days later. 90 minutes after that phone interview I received a job offer email, in which I had 3 days to accept or reject. I originally accepted and was told to purchase a plane ticket to Tulsa, and I would be reimbursed. I did so and attended training. Horizon paid for a motel for you to stay at and you are in a run-down motel room with a roommate and one full size bed and a couch. Day one of the training, you are escorted to a lab for a drug test. Then there is classroom training, safety training and mock rig training when you are in a trailer analyzing samples. This was not difficult at all, but after seeing the trailers you are expected to live and work in, and learning that getting days off was more or less a lottery, I decided not to take the job. I got a ride to the airport and no reimbursement for my flight as promised.

Interview Questions

• Questions were if I knew what a well logger did, questions about previous employment, why did I want to be a mudlogger, how well did I do in sed/strat. I was asked about my skills in identifying minerals and rocks. Nothing really out of left field.   Answer Question

Salary and working conditions was not high enough to justify relocating to Oklahoma.

Mudlogger Interview

Interview

phone interview and got hired the same day