HotChalk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2016

2.7

Academic Advisor Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HotChalk (New York, NY).

Interview

The initial interview was a phone interview. If you pass that stage, they will then bring you in for a group interview. Did get past the initial phone interview portion.

Interview Questions

• What are interested in? What attracted you to the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HotChalk (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

First round a panel of four, second round one person and third round interview with CEO. Background check and follow up with recruiter regarding my acceptance. The process was very smooth and efficient and the panels a pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and scenario based questions   1 Answer

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Interview

Easy interview when I said I think your right. It helps you if you know someone. Take you in a room if they like you you interview 28th the director.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HotChalk in November 2015.

Interview

The overall process was easy, but all the interviews I had were via phone interviews. I didn't get to meet anybody in person until my start date. That alone should had been a red flag but I found out there were also hiring the department manager at the same time, so this could have been why they used this process for my interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HotChalk (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on the website and was contacted via e-mail by the recruiter, Michelle. She scheduled a time with me to go over my employment history/initial phone interview questions and then scheduled a time for me to come in to meet with management. I was early for my interview and Michelle met me in the lobby and took me back to a conference room. She was really professional and friendly. She was a bit of a comedian and she really calmed my nerves before the interview. I met with two ADOAs first. Chris and Ryan. They were extremely professional and asked me questions that I felt were relevant to the job and not just giving me a hard time. Chris was really good about deferring to Ryan when I asked him a question he did not know. Chris said he was fairly new as an ADOA but Ryan would be the person to ask. Ryan answered all of my questions and seemed like he genuinely liked his job and appreciated working for HotChalk. When our time was up I met with a DOA, Ed. He was a hard read and continued the theme of professionalism. He was very straight faced and serious in his questioning. He made me nervous but it made me feel like the job I was applying for was important. The entire interview lasted about 45 minutes. Michelle came back in after the interview and asked me how it went and what kinds of questions they asked. She clarified some things I forgot to ask and seemed like she knew a lot about HotChalk and cared about the people she brought in. She told me the managers liked me and talked about a potential start date. I was very excited and thanked her for bringing me in. She walked me all the way out and stated she will contact me the next day. She called me the next day as promised and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What statement best describes you? Hate to lose, love to win, or I tried my best   Answer Question

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HotChalk in August 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview that took about 30 minutes and then a panel interview that took about 30 minutes. The employees were very friendly and assisted with all of my questions in regards to the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position? How would you be an asset to the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HotChalk (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

I felt like it went well but was constantly reminded that this was an entry level position. I felt as though I had to constantly explain my reason for wanting a lower position than I've held in the past.

Academic Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HotChalk (Campbell, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial over the phone interview and after that if they think you might be a good fit they bring you in for an in-person interview with multiple people.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions consisted of very generic questions that they took turns reading from a piece of paper.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HotChalk (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not difficult. They asked me about my experience, how would I keep someone on the phone if they said I do not have time to talk. It was not a hard interview at all because I was fully prepared to answer any and all questions. The person interviewing me was very relaxed.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HotChalk (Campbell, CA).

Interview

Did a phone screen with the hiring manger. She explained it's an entry level position and potential growth since the company is doing good. The pay is below my expectation since their range is up to 50K. She said she will keep me in mind. A few weeks later, I was called in for an on-site.

The on-site process was kind of unorganized. First, the hiring manager didn't never confirmed my on-site date until i followed up with her. Second, the hiring manager never told me what level to meet since they have multiple floors. I had to ask someone to direct me to the correct floor. When I came there, there was an overlapped and another candidate went in to interview first...awkward. I interviewed with one of the team members and lastly with the hiring manager. There was a social media quiz that you have to take to assess your skills and turn in by email. I put alot of effort in it and it's only common courtesy to let the candidate know if they were selected or rejected. I sent a follow up email to the hiring manager for any feedback and it was ignored.

This painted a bad picture of the organization and I will never apply for any other position at HotChalk.

Interview Questions

• Why looking for new opportunity?
      Type of environment you enjoy?
      Answer Question