HotChalk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HotChalk (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Unorganized! First interview/interviewer was great , Second interview was with a male so-called manager that smelled of stale cigarette odor with a "i just rolled out of bed look " I could tell he had a false sense of "grandiose" Did not seem to possess true leadership qualities .

Interview Questions

• Basic question the usual for any for profit environment position .   1 Answer

Admissions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HotChalk (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Panel Interview which lacked value and culture. They complained about previous executives like trash. I explained that I was not impressed and turned down the job as soon as it was offered to me. I refuse to work in a trap. I hope they fix all the things that are wrong within the core.

Interview Questions

• If I would accept a job with far lower pay after offering me an amount.   1 Answer

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HotChalk (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy. They asked questions to understand my skills, previous work experience and how it fits with their requirements. It was more of understanding where they stand and what they need in order to be a fit for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HotChalk (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

First round a panel of four, second round one person and third round interview with CEO. Background check and follow up with recruiter regarding my acceptance. The process was very smooth and efficient and the panels a pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and scenario based questions   1 Answer

Academic Advisor Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HotChalk (New York, NY).

Interview

The initial interview was a phone interview. If you pass that stage, they will then bring you in for a group interview. Did get past the initial phone interview portion.

Interview Questions

• What are interested in? What attracted you to the position?   Answer Question

Interview

Easy interview when I said I think your right. It helps you if you know someone. Take you in a room if they like you you interview 28th the director.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HotChalk in November 2015.

Interview

The overall process was easy, but all the interviews I had were via phone interviews. I didn't get to meet anybody in person until my start date. That alone should had been a red flag but I found out there were also hiring the department manager at the same time, so this could have been why they used this process for my interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HotChalk (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on the website and was contacted via e-mail by the recruiter, Michelle. She scheduled a time with me to go over my employment history/initial phone interview questions and then scheduled a time for me to come in to meet with management. I was early for my interview and Michelle met me in the lobby and took me back to a conference room. She was really professional and friendly. She was a bit of a comedian and she really calmed my nerves before the interview. I met with two ADOAs first. Chris and Ryan. They were extremely professional and asked me questions that I felt were relevant to the job and not just giving me a hard time. Chris was really good about deferring to Ryan when I asked him a question he did not know. Chris said he was fairly new as an ADOA but Ryan would be the person to ask. Ryan answered all of my questions and seemed like he genuinely liked his job and appreciated working for HotChalk. When our time was up I met with a DOA, Ed. He was a hard read and continued the theme of professionalism. He was very straight faced and serious in his questioning. He made me nervous but it made me feel like the job I was applying for was important. The entire interview lasted about 45 minutes. Michelle came back in after the interview and asked me how it went and what kinds of questions they asked. She clarified some things I forgot to ask and seemed like she knew a lot about HotChalk and cared about the people she brought in. She told me the managers liked me and talked about a potential start date. I was very excited and thanked her for bringing me in. She walked me all the way out and stated she will contact me the next day. She called me the next day as promised and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What statement best describes you? Hate to lose, love to win, or I tried my best   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HotChalk in August 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview that took about 30 minutes and then a panel interview that took about 30 minutes. The employees were very friendly and assisted with all of my questions in regards to the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position? How would you be an asset to the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HotChalk (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

I felt like it went well but was constantly reminded that this was an entry level position. I felt as though I had to constantly explain my reason for wanting a lower position than I've held in the past.