Hotels.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

3.2

SEM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very insightful and structured interview. First talk to the recruiter, then first round with senior manager, second round with manger, third round on-site. Then whole process goes very quick, usually the company give you feedback very soon. The position requires strong analytical skills. The interview questions includes both behavior and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Better study some concepts of Google Adwords and Google Analytics.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was approached by the HR team, I have 3 Telephonic Conversation with 3 different Departments. Then I met nearly 3 or 4 Heads of the Department. It's was really a learning experience for me, Even though I didn't get the job but i had a wonderful exposure.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, How comfortable you are with Data, Few situational and Behavioural Questions.
      Questions regarding the industry, technology and competition.
      Answer Question

Business Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First round of interview was all telephonic, HR interview to understand my profile in detail and then a technical interview by the person whom I will be joining as a team member.

Technical interview was good and to the point to understand my technological know how and familiarity.

Questions like do I know SQL? How much have I worked with it, some challenges and how complex the queries were, some questions about Hadoop, hive and using them for creating reports, SAS modelling and using SAS to analyze data from Hadoop.

After a week I got a call for personal interviews.

Interviewed by 3 Managers and a Senior Director of which one was the hiring manager of the team. They all were cool and asked a general set of questions about past experiences, challenges, solutions, environments, previous managers. Mostly behavioral, like 90% of all questions. It was 3 hours of non-stop talking. Then I was given the tour of the office on my way out.

I received a call after 2 weeks after a follow up email to the HR and then again two phone interviews were set up with another senior level managers who I would be indirectly reporting to.

I believe these were set up as a tie breaker.

Eventually after another 2 weeks after the interview I make the call to HR and they said they got somebody with more experience.

I perfectly matched the requirements and had a good experience to back it up but as always they always needs more.

Interview Questions

• How much have you worked with SQL?
      Have you worked with Hadoop and hive?
      How can we use hadoop data to analyze with SAS?
      Experience with SQL server?

Behavioral questions as
      How do you handle challenges? some examples
      Some achievements? Examples
      preferred manager? why
      Preferred management style? explain
      Answer Question

Lodging Support Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

easy hiring and interview process. After i announced myself at the 5th Floor, the interviewer brought me to the 6th Floor for the interview the English part was done after 15 Minutes and then 5 Minutes for someone to come in and check my French skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you handle stressful Situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The initial communication was good. However, beware because you will be given a case study with long division and other items which have absolutely nothing to do with SEM. I interviewed with a Director who had no SEM experience past the summer of 2013. The interview process is long

Interview Questions

• Review a brief business case and do the math in your head.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Springfield, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR after applying online. I was asked to fill out a test online. It was VERY difficult. It was almost all math questions. I did terrible. I have been out off school for a long time. It was a timed test, and it is next to impossible to finish it. After that I was sent a invitation to a job fair. I was interviewed by two managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite place that you have visited? And what was your favorite part?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for hotels.com?   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest regret?   1 Answer
    • Have you had any telesales experience?   1 Answer

Lodging Support Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Springfield, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

When I went in I listened to calls and the lady was very helpful to the customers. I was then taken to a computer to see if I could navigate the internet. The interviewer was a woman, not personable at all. Dress code is supposed to be business casual but did see a lot of tee shirts and jeans, my kind of comfortable.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions I thought were bad, or hard. Normal call center questions. Why do you want to work for Expedia? What are your goals?   Answer Question

Global Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Firstly was contacted by a HR person. She asked general questions about my background, previous experience and my interest in the position. Then I had a 40 min phone interview with a hiring manager. First half was about my previous experience on leadership, teamwork, marketing and sales, etc. Then I did a case interview which is typically carried in consulting industry. I did five more interviews with the people above the hiring manager. Most of the interviews took the same format (first half was behavioral interview and the rest was case interview), except one which was all behavioral interview + my knowledge or perspective on the industry. I did not ace the case interview in the final round (7th interview) and did not get the offer.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

1 on 1 was the first 20 minutes of the interview. They are likely to ask multiple questions about difficult decision that had to be made regarding your previous employment. During the second part of the interview, the process had multiple people in the room, so it is important to address all those people. Some of the people in the room will not ask any questions, they just site there and check you body posture.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever faced adversity? Also they asked about working in a very noisy and busy environment. They are likely to ask multiple questions about difficult decision that had to be made regarding your previous employment. The interview process had multiple people in the room, so it is important to address all those people   1 Answer

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Springfield, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

online app, phone interview, job fair interview, work site interview, once onsite you are asked to show your internet skills such as using google maps to find locations.

Interview Questions

• what have you done to help a customer to exceed their expectations for calling   Answer Question

Negotiation

none, they told you what you were getting, they say you can make $50,000 a year but that is a joke, you will make between $20,000 and $25,000 if you last before quitting. I am now looking for a new job along with many others.