Hotels.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hotels.com

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotels.com (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone interview, followed by hiring manager phone interview, then in person at their offices in London. In person interview was 5 x 30 minutes with different people from the Product and Technology teams. The interviewers were friendly and they asked reasonable questions. I didnt' feel that they were trying to catch me out. They also tried to not keep repeating the same questions through the process. Most of it was standard Product Process type questions (e.g. user stories, backlog management, prioritisation, working with the design and development teams, review of processes, stakeholder management etc).

Interview Questions

• How would you go about introducing a new feature to the site?   Answer Question
    • What do you think a good user story looks like to a developer?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage user story prioritisation? (Asked a few times in different ways and from different perspectives)   Answer Question
    • How would you design a usability/user impact test for a particular feature?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX) in May 2008.

Interview

An external recruiter identified me as a candidate. Prior to speaking with people at Hotels.com, they sent me a set of questions to answer. Upon receipt/screening of the questions, I then connected with an internal recruiter and spoke with the hiring manager. After that, I spoke with another person in the company and was flown in for a series of interviews over the course of a day. It was a great company full of very smart people.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a cost saving project that you have completed for your current employer?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was approached by the HR team, I have 3 Telephonic Conversation with 3 different Departments. Then I met nearly 3 or 4 Heads of the Department. It's was really a learning experience for me, Even though I didn't get the job but i had a wonderful exposure.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, How comfortable you are with Data, Few situational and Behavioural Questions.
      Questions regarding the industry, technology and competition.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

5 Interviews: one with HR, one case interview with Direct Manager (VP), 2 case interviews Peers of direct manager (Director and VP) and Managing Director (Region president). They all were very friendly and respectful during the interview process and it gave me a good glance of the type of work I would be doing if hired and the caliber of the people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Case interviews similar to consulting firms   1 Answer

Senior Market Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotels.com.

Interview

After applying online, I was asked to do a digital interview. A recruiter had pre-recorded questions, there were a few minutes to think about a response and then a few minutes to respond. The length of time varied depending on the question. I was expecting typical first-round interview questions, but there were some case type questions included. Case questions including asking how you would go about testing a new ad, including method, questions, any other information given etc. I was also given a data table and asked to analyze it and determine if indicated an issue with brand health. There was an opportunity to re-record your response for each question, which was really helpful, but I am unsure if they were able to see the first attempt. In my opinion, this was a difficult interview because there was no feedback from a person - nods, body language, clarifying questions - to ensure the question was fully answered.

Interview Questions

• What is something cool you have done in Excel recently?   Answer Question

Telesales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Springfield, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

Attended job fair. Interviewed with two supervisors the first time. A follow-up was scheduled the next in the call center with one of the two supervisors, who hired me.

Interview Questions

• What quality sets you apart from the other attendees at the job fair?   1 Answer

Negotiation

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The initial communication was good. However, beware because you will be given a case study with long division and other items which have absolutely nothing to do with SEM. I interviewed with a Director who had no SEM experience past the summer of 2013. The interview process is long

Interview Questions

• Review a brief business case and do the math in your head.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Springfield, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

online app, phone interview, job fair interview, work site interview, once onsite you are asked to show your internet skills such as using google maps to find locations.

Interview Questions

• what have you done to help a customer to exceed their expectations for calling   Answer Question

Negotiation

none, they told you what you were getting, they say you can make $50,000 a year but that is a joke, you will make between $20,000 and $25,000 if you last before quitting. I am now looking for a new job along with many others.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

1 on 1 was the first 20 minutes of the interview. They are likely to ask multiple questions about difficult decision that had to be made regarding your previous employment. During the second part of the interview, the process had multiple people in the room, so it is important to address all those people. Some of the people in the room will not ask any questions, they just site there and check you body posture.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever faced adversity? Also they asked about working in a very noisy and busy environment. They are likely to ask multiple questions about difficult decision that had to be made regarding your previous employment. The interview process had multiple people in the room, so it is important to address all those people   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Springfield, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR after applying online. I was asked to fill out a test online. It was VERY difficult. It was almost all math questions. I did terrible. I have been out off school for a long time. It was a timed test, and it is next to impossible to finish it. After that I was sent a invitation to a job fair. I was interviewed by two managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite place that you have visited? And what was your favorite part?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for hotels.com?   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest regret?   1 Answer
    • Have you had any telesales experience?   1 Answer

SEM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hotels.com (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very insightful and structured interview. First talk to the recruiter, then first round with senior manager, second round with manger, third round on-site. Then whole process goes very quick, usually the company give you feedback very soon. The position requires strong analytical skills. The interview questions includes both behavior and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Better study some concepts of Google Adwords and Google Analytics.   Answer Question