KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Houzz Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 681 of over 681 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Houzz

Application

I interviewed at Houzz

Interview

Great process. Interviewers are very kind and professional. Had 4 interviews. Hands on, algorithms questions, system design, hr... each step was fair and made sense. The people were fun and smiling.

Interview Questions
  • Hands on iOS coding rendering data from API call in a list
    Answer Question

Houzz

Application

I interviewed at Houzz

Interview

First interview was introduction call with recruiter, second call was more behavioral questions and questions about experience, 3rd interview was a role play of sales call, then got a phone call with job offer

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Houzz

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houzz in Aug 2022

Interview

HR phone screen, hiring manager, virtual onsite. No homework or presentation. Virtual onsite had 6 sessions. Much more than the usual 4. Unprofessional scheduling — one person canceled halfway during the interview. One person canceled 10 min before it started. People mostly seemed very fakey. I got the impression that the people were subtly arrogant and subtly wanting to force their opinion on you or ‘win an argument.’ I didn’t sense a humble, ‘assume positive intent’ attitude or the possibility that maybe they could be wrong. Recruiter prepared me for onsite by focusing on my past experience and potential case studies. This was fine and as expected. However, the actual interviewers didn't aska bout these. They focused entirely on the Houzz Pro product itself. Several people directly asked me how we could make the product better. I felt VERY UNCOMFORTABLE answering this question. You are not supposed to directly ask candidates for ideas and improvements. Not without paying them first.

Interview Questions
  • Have you gone through current onboarding/activation process? How can we make it better?

Houzz

Application

I interviewed at Houzz

Interview

It was ok. They were a bit stuck up. They make you do a mock phone call and show around their modern offices and stuff. It was ok. It seems like their is a sorority like culture there.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Houzz

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houzz in Jul 2022

Interview

Start with an HR phone screening after being referred by one of my connections, followed by several technical interviews (total 3 rounds, 1 coding challenge, and 2 system designs), and a behavior interview at the end.

Interview Questions
  • Please describe the project you have done in the past few months.

Houzz

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houzz in Jul 2022

Interview

it was okay. took 4 weeks. total 4 rounds 1. Chat with HR 2. technical interview : not leetcode problem but real system algorithm (Redis load balancing algorithm) 3. technical interview : SQL coding test * 3 (Leetcode Hard) 4. Manager interview : Behaviour questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Houzz

Application

I interviewed at Houzz

Interview

Initial phone screening was standard - asked about experience, motivations etc. However, questions dragged on for far longer than necessary and at the end, they said they would get back via email but never did.

Interview Questions
  • What are your primary motivations for applying for this role?

Houzz

Application

I interviewed at Houzz

Interview

The interview process was typical and straight forward. However, there was a 3 round series to meet with upper management and also the team I’d be directly working with to be sure it was a good fit. The interview questions were typical and more so conversational.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Houzz

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Houzz in Jun 2022

Interview

I had a call with the HR Person who was really nice on the phone. I was scheduled for the day before but they pushed me to the next day last minute because of a short term meeting. Already a not so promising great start. They asked me the usual questions about why I left my recent employer, what salary expectations I had etc. I liked that they were open with me about the whole package at this stage. However, at the end they promised me they would get back to me at the end of the next day about how / if they would move forward. The day went by, so did the next, so did the next. It took them 4 days to get back to me with a negative outcome. While I understand things might get in the way, just be open about what is holding things up. In the end, I received an (automated?) E-Mail with a rejection. Overall a bad experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houzz (Taipei)

Interview

Die Person, die für die Einstellung zuständig ist, nimmt Kontakt zu uns auf, und danach ist kein Ton und kein Bild mehr zu hören. Wir haben nicht einmal eine Rückmeldung von ihr bekommen, obwohl wir sie mehrmals angerufen haben. Das ist wirklich taktlos, vor allem, wenn man bedenkt, wie viel man selbst investiert hat!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 681 Interviews

Houzz Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Houzz as 45.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.81 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Development Representative and Account Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Account Coordinator and Account Executive roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Houzz takes an average of 18 days when considering 736 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Account Executive had the quickest hiring process (on average 13 days), whereas Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 22 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Houzz according to 736 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 33.26%