Houzz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Houzz

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houzz (Moscow (Russia)) in February 2018.

Interview

friendly and professional atmosphere, very interesting conversation, and very useful tips. Very good management. Several steps of interviews with interesting types of communication: interview with HR, role play with management and final stage is interview with country manager.

HR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Houzz in December 2019.

Interview

The initial interaction with the recruiter was professional and and informative. The worst part of the experience was unfortunately with the hiring manager. She was 15 minutes late for the call, did not acknowledge that she was late and blamed it on the technology, which was very surprising given her role as a senior person in the people organization where you truly understand the importance of candidate experience. During the interview she was constantly distracted and even said a few times that she is too tired and stressed out. I found that surprising. I specifically asked for timeline on next steps and that I have a few opportunities close to final stages. She said they will decide in a week. 2 weeks go by and I accept another role somewhere else. I did reach out to them a few weeks later and gave feedback that in order to build a good reputation you need to be responsive and respectful to your candidates . It’s 100% ok to go a different direction but respect those who invest their time talking to your team by closing the loop with them.

Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Very quick interview, offer, and request to sign, likely designed to stun you into submission to a very poor, paltry offer. Zero consideration given to education and work experience. Instead they try to stuff you into a one-size-fits all offer of $17 to $18 per hour to hammer the phone prospecting for commissioned sales people, who are also vastly underpaid. They toss around statements like " it's where everybody starts but you'll move up" yet no written promise of promotion or raise intervals or even what the goals are to end up paid what you should be. Perks that they wave in front of you are minor that are colored as special but really aren't. A lot of smoke and mirrors here. They don't seem serious about attracting prepared and serious career-oriented candidates and instead seem to be a burn-and-churn outfit. Maybe for degree-less and lesser candidates, but not for serious achievers. Take a pass on them and go find professionals elsewhere to hitch your career aspirations to.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Houzz in November 2019.

Interview

Interview process was pretty simple. I applied online and heard back about a week and a half later for an interview. Had a short “get to know you” interview and then was invited for an in person interview. In person interview consisted of a 30 min conversation with the recruiter who went over my resume and sort of “prepped” me for my interview with a manager which was right after for about 30 min.

My interview process took a little longer than most because the hiring class for my hiring period was already closed. (They have hiring classes that they fill because they bring on people in groups from my understanding). However, I received a call back from the recruiter a few weeks later and came in for a 3rd and final interview and received an offer a few days later. My process took a total of 2 months, however I think they generally take about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Sales?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to face criticism from an employer and how did you take it?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time you went above and beyond to complete a task from an employer?   Answer Question

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houzz (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Got a call from Recruiter. Scheduled a Phone Screen. It was easy. Had Gone to Onsite the next week. The interviewers are pretty young and well knowledgeable. The interview went mostly on Frontend and application of JS fundamentals. How we design an Calc.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Houzz (New York, NY).

Interview

I had one phone interview, she didnt really ask a whole lot of questions. I could tell that she was in her car. I asked several questions and was met with "I dont know the answer to that". It seemed as though I was somehow bothering her, even though she called me.

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houzz (Tempe, AZ) in October 2019.

Interview

First, video interview with recruiter. Second video interview with senior manager. Third interview was at location in Phoenix but was video interview with two directors and same senior manager.

I was required to give an exactly 15 minute long presentation, topic of my choosing. Then I was asked specific questions about sales and my experience with sales, none of which I had (and did not claim to have on my resume).

The directors never introduced themselves, one was on her computer the entire time, and the other hid her face while lounging on the couch. Extremely uncomfortable environment.

Although I did not receive job offer, I would have not accepted job due to how I was treated by the directors. Also, this job had been posted for over a month, I can now see the reason for that.

Interview Questions

• Specific to sales and not training. They are looking for a salesperson who can train rather than a qualified trainer who can learn and teach sales.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then one in person interview where I met two of the sales managers. Very basic interview, know the company and be able to sell yourself. They emphasize it is a difficult position so make sure you’re prepared.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houzz.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and a recruiter contacted me around a week after that. I did a phone screen where the interviewer spent most of the time asking me "knowledge-based question". They were pretty hard. Also, the interview has a strong accent and it has hard to comprehend. It was one of the weirdest experiece I have ever had. He asked me one easy algorithm question. Two days later, they sent me a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between session and cookie   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Houzz.

Interview

The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates and making a hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a situation   1 Answer

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houzz (Nashville, TN) in August 2019.

Interview

Long and different than most jobs. Lasted an hour and 30 minutes. First a tour, then you go into a room w everyone and do typing test. Then you interview 1:1.