Houzz Reviews

Updated May 10, 2021

4.0
Houzz Chief Executive Officer Adi Tatarko
Adi Tatarko
Pros
  • "There is a fully stocked kitchen and fun activities that the have for employees(in 95 reviews)

• "The kitchen was always fully stocked and I had great communication with my manager(in 92 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I might have had a different answer prior to COVID, but I've been super impressed with how upper management has handled the transition from home(in 37 reviews)

• "low pay compares to other companies in the same city(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

5/5 Would recommend Houzz!

Feb 24, 2021 - Trade Account Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great benefits: health, dental, vision - Compensation and commission - Positive work environment - Room to grow in the company - Management is committed to us having a fantastic work/life balance. No checking email outside of work hours, all holidays off and ample PTO given. - Fun perks like themed days (Coffee Day, Donut Day, Pancake Day, etc.) and free workout classes (yoga, HIIT, bootcamp)

Cons

- Must be able to adapt easily to change as restructurings do happen

Houzz on Glassdoor

Thank you for sharing your experience with Houzz! You’ve listed so many wonderful pros here. Thank you for spreading the word, and if there is anything you would like to share about how we can do even better, please feel free to reach out anytime. We’re always looking for ways to improve. Summer Sammon, Trade Sales Manager (summer.sammon@houzz.com)

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Exciting time at a great company!

May 10, 2021 - Director in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Houzz. Some highlights: - The people at Houzz are truly the best. The company has a very clear, focused mission that hasn't changed. I think that has helped breed a culture of collaboration as everyone is working towards the same goal. - Work/life balance. One of Houzz's core values is that "We're a family," and it's true. People here work hard, but also have a life outside the office. - Opportunities for growth. There are many opportunities for career growth at Houzz. The People team has also developed really great individual and manager training courses over the past year. Overall, it's a great company with lots of momentum right now!

Cons

Houzz has amazing office culture, which I really miss while at home during the pandemic. The team has done a great job to help people stay connected with Healthy at Houzz classes, virtual team bonding, Great Houzzer cards, etc., but nothing quite compares to getting to see coworkers in person!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Life Challenge

May 7, 2021 - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This career path is not easy. In fact it's the hardest job I ever had in my professional career other than running my own business. But it is the most rewarding career path I have found thus far. If you take your future seriously and value yourself and your craft, Houzz will give you the tools to develop into a true sales professional. You have to make the decision to succeed. And that decision must be backed with focus, dedication, work ethic, and grit.

Cons

Just like everything that is good in life this job requires the work ethic and emotional energy and positive vibes. At times there will be days and weeks and even months where you feel like nothing is going your way. And the toll it can take on your mindset can be difficult to overcome if left unchecked. Take your vacations and stay in shape.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Company with lots of room for growth and uncapped income!

May 6, 2021 - Senior Strategic Account Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Limitless Opportunities- I have been able to promote within the company and have a career path that Houzz supports! Great Income- Uncapped amount of money that you can make on a monthly &quarterly basis Great Work Culture-Management and fellow team members create a fun and inviting environment that makes it enjoyable to be part of the team. Work/Life Balance- This is my favorite part of working for Houzz, they are always looking for new activities & contests to encourage us to sell and promote momentum. Not to mention all the fun prizes!

Cons

It's definitely a role that you need to be resilient and persistent for to be successful. Now that we are fully remote in one office, the discipline aspect of being engaged at work can be difficult however you create your own home schedule with how productive you chose to be.

5. 1.0

Favoritism rules

May 7, 2021 - Account Manager in Orange, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good. If you hit your quotas, if not, obviously, you go on “blueprint” and if you don’t cut it, you’re canned

Cons

Extreme favoritism. They try and encourage “contests” but the spoon fed top sales rep always wins. Why wouldn’t they? Been there for years and is the owners darling. So these contests mean well, but there’s no use when you already know who the winners going to be. Every.Single.Time.

Houzz on Glassdoor

This is certainly disappointing to read, and I think a misrepresentation of our Sales team’s framework at Houzz. We have 5 levels of sales professionals and as reps earn promotions based on their performance, they progress on autonomy, pay, and lead quality. Our assignments are controlled by an automated tool that ensures equal allocations by level. Based on their hard work and talent, we have many reps excelling and progressing through our sales levels. If you would like to talk more about how we can better communicate the success that many team members are having and educate our channel on these practices, please reach out. Joey Nalevka, VP of Sales (joey.nalevka@houzz.com)

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Strong collaborative culture, interesting industry and space, with a bright future

Feb 1, 2021 - Product Marketing Manager in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Collaborative culture Smart, friendly, and collaborative team with a real culture of collaboration and the freedom to really own your ideas. Houzz has genuinely great people who you will enjoy working with - and this is proven by the many employees who have contributed to Houzz for many fulfilling years. Our People Experience team also rocks and is always putting on fun team events like gingerbread house making competitions, workout classes at Barry’s and Rumble, and more. 2. Interesting problems to solve There is no shortage of interesting and high-impact challenges to dig into and solve. Chances are, you will enjoy your work! Whether you’re on the Consumer, Marketplace, or Professionals team, you’ll find that Houzz has created an innovative platform that users love and that you may have experienced yourself. I've personally purchased products for my home and hired pros from Houzz and recommend our platform to my friends and family that are looking to upgrade their spaces. Bottom line, we have a cool product and tons of Houzzers use Houzz in their personal lives in one way or another. 3. Bright future Now is a great time to join Houzz if you want to be part of the team that is currently pushing hard together to achieve ambitious goals. Although our SaaS is relatively new (it just launched last year), it’s already well-positioned to take on other players in the space who have had a years-long head start. Join us and be a part of the journey!

Cons

Typical to any fast-moving startup, resources can be limited.

Houzz on Glassdoor

Thank you for such a thoughtful review! I appreciate you sharing your experience like this, and totally agree - the people at Houzz are the best. We are so lucky to have such a collaborative group that is genuinely a pleasure to work with. I totally agree that the opportunity to work on a product that you use and enjoy yourself makes such a difference. We are growing the team so hopefully you’ll see a difference soon in resources. If you have more to share about how we can do even better, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Liza Hausman, VP Industry Marketing, (liza@houzz.com)

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The company culture and the friends I made were one of the only things keeping me at Houzz

May 6, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office was cool, the people you meet are nice. (For the most part). The benefits are nice, the pay was decent.

Cons

The actual job itself was horrible. To be honest being in sales is tough already, but selling a product that doesn’t work for everyone made it 10x worse. You will get cussed out on 20% of your calls daily. They say they don’t like to micromanage but then check your daily call volume, listen in on your calls, and will put you on a blueprint if you don’t hit daily goals even though sometimes you can’t control the number of people who pick up

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

AMAZING CULTURE

May 6, 2021 - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Houzz has created an amazing culture. I feel like I'm part of their family. The unwavering support I receive from the entire management team makes being successful easier to accomplish. Plus being part of an extremely diverse workforce makes me extremely proud to work here.

Cons

Other than possibly having to go back to the office, I cannot think of any con! It's a great place to work.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work-life balance, very dynamic company with high growth potential, and great culture

Mar 17, 2021 - Senior Client Success Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being a CSM is very dynamic and challenging, which makes our workdays so fun. You are wearing multiple hats in this role, and will learn new skillsets as you continue your journey with Houzz. Top performers within the company will have opportunities to move into higher positions, and your role will be evolving in perpetuity . This is what makes the role so excited, and less mundane.

Cons

With every company you deal with growing pains. CSMs are like the frontline workers of Houzz. You deal with all sorts of clients, from being very infuriated to very ecstatic. If you don't have positive attitude or you are one to lose your emotions, this will be a very challenging position for you. There are a lot of nuances as to how the business works, which may lead to a vast majority of your clients misconstruing this product as a scam..

Houzz on Glassdoor

Yes! Thank you for taking the time to share this! I think you nailed the pros here. Being a CSM at Houzz means wearing a lot of different hats and engaging with both long established clients and those that need some help getting started on the right foot. It’s a dynamic position and provides such a great base of knowledge for working at Houzz. I’d love to touch base with you about ways we can do even better in providing our CSM teams with the tools they need to succeed. If you are comfortable, please reach out! Carter Wurts, Senior Manager, Client Success (carter.wurts@houzz.com)

10. 5.0

Couldn't work anywhere else

May 6, 2021 - Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth potential to make six figures in 12 months, if you're willing to work HARD. Very supportive upper management, willing to help you achieve goals if you're willing to focus and work for it

Cons

No 401k Match; You get in what you pout out, so if you're looking for high pay while being half invested, you're not going to get it here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,009 Reviews