Hudson Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hudson Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.4

IT Management Interview

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn shortly after it posted. Over the next few days, it was whored out to every recruiter and job board surely resulting in 100s of resumes. About 2 weeks later, I received a form email with a questionnaire about my qualifications which I promptly returned. Another week went by so I followed up that they received it. No reply. Another 2 weeks or so go by and I get another form email asking to pick a time for a phone interview. Again, I promptly respond. A day or 2 before the interview, I reach out again asking for confirmation. I get yet another form email with the interview details. I know am convinced I am responding with an HR Bot as opposed to an actual human.

The phone interview with the hiring manager goes well. We come from similar backgrounds, both with many years of experience and the technical questions are a breeze. The half hour conversation goes to an hour and he leaves with "we will set up face to face interviews for the week after New Year's."

The week of New Year's comes and I reach out to HR to follow up once again. A week passes before I receive yet another form email. This time saying "Thanks for your time but it's been determined you don't meet the minimum job requirements."

Huh? What?!?! How did you not know this when I sent my resume? Or when I filled out the questionnaire or when I had my phone interview? It's one thing to be passed over for a better candidate. It's entirely another to waste my time and energy on a role I never even was being considered for. It's beyond unprofessional and a huge red flag as to what work life would be like at Hudson Advisors. Perhaps a blessing in disguise....

Interview Questions

• A multifunction device can't send email, where do you look?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hudson Advisors (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First there is a Phone screen with some basic questions. Then if they like you, they will invite you for the on site interview. The interview was about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself. Some questions on resume. Some typical behavioral questions. The whole process was not bad at all.   Answer Question

Senior Investment Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hudson Advisors (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview was through internal referral. The interviewers cared more about my previous working experience and wanted to make sure I got enough experience to handle complex accounting treatment.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hudson Advisors (Dallas, TX).

Interview

My first interview was with the woman who supervised all administrative assistants. Very professional and easy to talk to. I was called back for a second interview where I met with five different employees, three of which who I wouldnt have any contact with. Four of the five individuals asked questions in a way that made it seem like they really didnt think I was capable of doing the job. By the fourth person I was ready to excuse myself and leave. I believe they were trying to make sure they found someone capable of handling the pressure but you can do that without making someone feel like they aren't capable. Clearly I was some what capable if I was asked to come back. Worst interview experience I've ever had. I feel sorry for the person that accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you maintain composure if you're asking by five VPs to do something and each one of them tells you they need it done ASAP   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hudson Advisors (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in July with the individual who oversees the administrators. She had a very pleasant demeanor and I really liked her. I thought she would be a great manager and told her so. At this interview I had gone through a recruiter. One week later the recruiter told me they offered the position to another candidate. In August a rep from their Hudson's HR department told me the hiring manager really liked me and asked that I come in to interview for another position. At that time we discussed the possibility of coming on as a contractor while they interviewed other candidates as a way of getting my foot in the door full-time. I sent said manager an email to reiterate my interest and availability as I was expecting an offer from another interview, but got no response from her. Later in the week I called the individual in HR who contacted me for the second interview to inquire about the status and left a VM message. Still, no response from anyone. It's likely that my experience is atypical with this company as a whole but my review serves to help other administrative candidates to be mindful that integrity isn't a given, to interview with open minds and keep their expectations low. Something good always comes from our negative experiences even if it's not a job offer :)

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hudson Advisors (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interviewing process was very professional and timely. Everyone I interviewed with was extremely professional. The directions were perfectly clear, the location was great. The building is located just outside of downtown, which is perfect to avoid the downtown traffic.

SharePoint Architect/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hudson Advisors (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview took place at Cityplace on Haskell Ave and 75 in Dallas. The interview took place in a conference room with the manager, and two IT peers. The interview lasted about 90 minutes. After the interview, I was given a brief tour of the office, shown where I might sit, and where the others in the IT department were located.

Interview Questions

• Would you like a full-time or contract-to-hire position?   1 Answer

Initially, they asked if I wanted full-time, or contract to hire. I asked for full-time. Several days later, they said they didn't have the open head count, and could only offer a contract to hire position. The rate was reasonable, but I was looking for a full-time offer.

Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

The interview process is relatvey easy and typical of most companies. A phone interview followed by an in-person interview at Hudson's offices with multiple managers. The hiring decision was made quickly. Many questions were asked specific to the job and the prospective candidate's abilities and job experience. I was also asked what "I knew about Hudson", so take a quick look at the website an have a few talking points to quickly recite. Psychological / general questions were not asked ( ie. what's your greatest weakness, why should we hire you, etc.)

Interview Questions

• I was asked my opinion of other individuals applyng for work at Hudson.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered with a higher offer which Hudson accepted.

Assistant Manager, Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hudson Advisors (Dallas, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

The first interview, phone, was pleasant and very quick. Typical phone questions. I was called in two days later to interview with a manager. She was not in but interviewed with her assistant manager. She gave me the ok and I interviewed a few days later with a VP and Assistant Controller. The interview questions were fairly standard. The Assistant Director was to be my supervisor and seemed pleasant and personable. I specifically asked about work life balance and was assured that they emphasized this. About 3-4 days later I was offered the job.
    Once employed the work/life balance turned out to be a joke. They want to work you till you drop without regard for any outside life or responsibility.

Interview Questions

• Standard sets of questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy. They offered, I countered and we met in the middle. Benefits are very good for a firm of this size.

Na Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hudson Advisors in May 2009.

Interview

It was a pleasant interview. The people at the company seemed very freindly. I felt good about how the interview went and was told that we would talk further. However, I never heard anything from that point on nor was able to get a hold of anyone to follow up.