Hunter Douglas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hunter Douglas Interview Questions

Interviews at Hunter Douglas

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas in August 2014.

Interview

My interviewing exprience with Hunter Douglas was great! Depending on the department that you are interviewing for, expect to be interviewed by up to five managers. The questions that you will be asked are average questions based on your previous employment. After your interview is over, expect up to 5 days before you hear anything. You will receive a phone call if the job is offered to you and a postcard sent through the mail if the company declines to hire you. If you are offered the position, you will immediately be asked to proceed with performing a drug test. After you are done taking your drug test, the results take 2 to 3 business days before Hunter Douglas is notified with your results. If your results come back clean, your hire date date is immediately established.

Negotiation

The negotiations phase was easygoing. What I asked for was even topped!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

Informal and relationship focused on if I was the best fit for the position. I felt my skills and knowledge were valued from the start and there was an openness to contribute mummy unique talents.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to commit to a minimum of two years in the position?   1 Answer

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas (Broomfield, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Very slow process. Had to speak with several people and go through several in person interviews (having to take time off from my current job to do so). After having went through the entire process the feedback I received was, "We didn't feel like we got a strong sense of your technical abilities.".

At no point through this entire process did any of the interviewers ask me any technical related questions or was that interested in talking to me when I was attending my in person interview as the main interviewer was often too busy browsing on their cell phone rather than focusing on asking me questions relevant to the job and my background.

Senior SAP ABAP Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas in June 2016.

Interview

I applied via a recruiting company and got very quick my first interview which went very well. Couple days later I got already a Skype interview which went also very well, I thought because the questions are not difficult for somebody with over 10 years experience. At the end of the interview I was told that they will have a decision until Monday next week and we agreed that I will call them. On Monday I called them but I could reach anybody. The same the next two days. Than I got a call and I heard only excuses about delays and "that they are not able to made a decision until then". OK, I understood, they are incompetent but I played along. We agreed that I will wait and as soon the made a decision they will inform me. But they didn't inform me what I expected and after 10 days I called them back. In the meantime I could see that they are still are looking desperately for other candidates and I got every day 2 or 3 emails from recruiting companies. I called again but I couldn't reach them again. 10 Minutes later the recruiter called me and told me other new excuses and that the company has made a decision for two other candidates. But the next days I could see the company is still looking for other candidates. So much for "we are going with two other candidates....". They are "extremely nice" but also extremely unfaithful and incompetent.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas (Tucson, AZ) in March 2019.

Interview

Interview process was good, however after they found out a out-of-state current employee had put their name in the hat. Everything slowed down and there was no communication unless you followed up. It’s understandable when a current employee wants to transfer and has the experience.

But to keep candidates guessing for over a month is a bit ridiculous. Good luck to employee who is getting transfer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas in October 2013.

Interview

Excellent experience- Finally found managers who know how to interview beyond a script. The initial interview was by phone and with the manager to whom I will directly report. The second was a face to face with the same manager and his manager. It was extremely relaxed which allowed each of us to gain the information that we were seeking...which is the real point of an interview. If you are honest with yourself about your abilities and accomplishments, can clearly and eloquently convey your message you will not only enjoy but reap real rewards from your interview experience with Hunter Douglas.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall- really didn't have any that I found extremely difficult because we were all prepared,   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair and open

Manufacturing Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas.

Interview

Hunter Douglas hires employees through performance as a result from the staffing agency that your brought into with. As for Salaried employees, 95% are hired outside of the company with related skill/trade or education. 5% chance are advanced employees that are sitting on degrees or have related or additional experience within.

Interview Questions

• No difficulty. Just be prepared to answer all questions truthfully and honest. Must have basic skill set in area in manufacturing and customer service, and skill trade. Everything is built within, rarely outside contractors and vendors!   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumberland, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas (Cumberland, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Hand & Eye coordination test. Work History. Strengths and Weaknesses. Eye color testing along with multiple pages of knowledge of the tape measurements. Explaining why i want to work at there company, and what job/'s did i like the best. If hired, what do i expect out of my wanting to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want to work for Hunter Douglas.   1 Answer

Especificador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vicente López (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas (Vicente López (Argentina)).

Interview

Muy profesional por parte de la consultora, ya que me otorgaron un feedback y pude detectar mis aspectos a mejorar.
    Lo único malo es un poco de interrupción en las preguntas, por lo que se perdía el hilo de la conversación.

Interview Questions

• Experiencia laboral
      Objetivos personales   1 Answer

Negotiation

Si, negocie.