Hyundai Motor America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Fountain Valley, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. Two Phone interviews (HR, then hiring manager, then an in person that consisted of meeting with 3-4 people). The recruiter I worked with was phenomenal. Very friendly and helpful. Communication was good as well. I have been in some interviews where the company just goes dead. With Hyundai, once the process started, it kept going at a reasonable pace.

Interview Questions

• Most of my questions were directly related to my role, with some on management style and philosophy.   1 Answer

Hyundai Motor America Response

Apr 30, 2018 – Hyundai Motor America

Thank you very much for providing your feedback and thank you for choosing Hyundai Motor America as your professional home!

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple but moved slowly. There was a phone screening followed by an in person interview. The whole process took about three months and there was a big delay after the in person interview. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in the automotive industry?   Answer Question

A/P Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America.

Interview

Applied online, received e-mail to return voice recorded answers for 3 questions. After being screened, I was offered an in-house interview with the A/P Manager, a very kind and smart person. Interview was supposed to last an hour, but ended up lasting 1.5 hours. Questions were mainly about the positions I held before and some behavioral questions. The interviewer also explained in detail about the position, which was extremely helpful. After few days, I was called for 2nd round interview with Head of Accounting (30 mins), Controller (15min), HR (45min-1hr). Most of the questions were similar from the 1st interview, mainly 'tell me about your self" "what would you do if you were in this position...'" " what is your long term goal," "What do you look for in a job," etc. Overall, great interview process/experience (a little nerve racking). Company was very professional as I expected.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Fountain Valley, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

After submitting my online application, I was contacted by HR to set up an initial phone interview. My HR phone interview was approximately 45 minutes. Having passed the initial interview stage, my in-person interview HR and the hiring manager was scheduled. The in-person HR interview seemed to be a formality at that point. The hiring manager was very professional. He asked questions he had formulated, but also indicated he would ask 3 required questions. All 3 were designed to get the interviewer to relate their specific job experiences to hypothetical situations. Total interviews lasted approximately 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with an unhappy dealer.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I received a call from the HR recruiter to verify my application. I was then scheduled for a phone interview with the HR recruiter that lasted about 30 minutes and a week later I had an in person interview (4 person panel) with the manager at headquarters office that lasted about an hour.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Fountain Valley, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and I received a call from the talent team within a few days of applying. We discussed my relevant experience for the position and it was a very positive conversation. Before the call ended she decided to set up an in person interview and I received the on-site interview confirmation shortly after our call. I had two on-site interviews within a two week period and a decision was made days after my final interview. I was also surprised that each person I spoke with had clear alignment on the priorities of this role since this was a newly created role within a newly created team. Overall, I was impressed by how swift and transparent the interview process was.

Interview Questions

• What are three projects you worked on that made the most impact at your current organization?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Fountain Valley, CA).

Interview

Interview process was good, first phone screen by the hiring manager, then got called in for an interview with HR and hiring manager and finally had a panel interview with department executives.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager do you not work well with?   1 Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of four different interviews. One on the phone and the rest were in person.
    The interviews were often scheduled at the last minute. It seemed to be due to poor internal communication within the company.
    One interviewer dozed off during the interview. Otherwise, everyone seemed pretty nice.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Fountain Valley, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a current Hyundai employee. Contacted the hiring manger directly. Set up phone screen with HR followed by face to face interview with hiring manager. Because I was a referral, I got notified about the job fairly quickly.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Huntsville, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

They had an paper application with work history, references and motivational questions for the initial screening. After the sales manager reviewed the application we exchanged contact information and a photo copy of my i.d. for the next step, the background screening. I was contacted for a follow up interview for pre-training overview, logistics and expectations. Four days later I was scheduled for a drug test and started the next day.

Interview Questions

• How do you work best in groups?   1 Answer