IATA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IATA Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Miami, FL).

Interview

Had technical, soft skills and compatibility interviews from over 4 people which took a cumulative of 8 months to complete the process during my initial interview. All my interviews where done over the phone and took approximately 45mins. However, the process for interviews today has been modified to reduce the number of interviews to be expected and often require some form of face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on general overview of regulatory knowledge and their applicability.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IATA in July 2012.

Interview

I applied for an internship in the Amman, Jordan office after receiving a special invitation via an alumni connection at my university. A month later, I received an email reply from the alumni connection (an IATA HR staff member) informing me that the position for the internship had already been filled, but that he had looked at my resume and thought I could be a great fit for a fulltime Customer Service position.

We scheduled a skype interview and I was impressed with the HR guy's willingness to spend an hour talking with me. He even assured me that people came to IATA from all sorts of professional backgrounds, and that I should not be discouraged by my previous non-profit experience. We ended the conversation positively with the HR guy asking me to email him my university diploma and a list of references. He would forward my materials onto the team manager in Amman, who would lead the next interview.

I emailed all the requested materials and patiently waited. After a week, I followed up and the HR guy told me the team manager had a personal issue to attend to and wouldn't be working for the rest of the week. I wrote back promising to touch base the following week. I wrote a week later, no response. I wrote again the next week, no response. I wrote each week for a month before finally accepting another job offer.

As I had been essentially "recruited" from an internship application to apply for a full-time position, the experience was a let down. I just wish the HR guy could have been honest and not wasted my time if something came up to delay the process or if he wasn't seriously considering hiring me. This type of communication signals a lack of transparency and integrity.

Analyst Remittance and Settlement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Miami, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Same as in other jobs. Final approval comes from Geneva.

Interview Questions

• The psicological test from Human Capital + the test to enter each area are not easy to pass if you don't know much about the topic   1 Answer

Negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA.

Interview

Skype interview with Manager and HR. Typical job interview questions. The process was very quickly. They asked for references and made and offer. The overall process took about 2 weeks.

XML Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited for an online interview after about a month I applied for the position. The interview was with the technical team and they explained the work and responsibilities to me

Statistical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

A senior statistician emailed me first to schedule a phonic interview. The phonic interview last about forty minutes. There was no mathematical or statistical questions. But I was asked about the experience with EXCEL and R and previous working experience as well. If I passed this phonic interview, there would be an in-person interview. Still waiting for the result

Human Resources Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Geneva (Switzerland)) in September 2016.

Interview

The entire process was very pleasant overall. As a candidate, I felt support from bothe the hiring manager and HR Business Partner throughout the process. Feedback was also shared in a timely manner. The first stage was an interview with the hiring manager. The second stage was an interview with the HR Business Partner and the hiring manager. The final round was an interview with the second line manager and the HR Business Partner.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I deal with situations where colleagues do not listen to my opinion and / or disagree.   1 Answer

Global Aviation Data Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was some basic database questions and some more in details questions regarding VBA. Then second interview was with HR and the manager asking more general questions. Overall was good, you need to be prepared for technical and non-technical questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Difference between excel and access
      write some sql command to fetch some information from a table   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Application
    I applied online. The process took 3+month. I I interviewed at IATA (Monterial, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.
    After submitting my application, there was a Skype Interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Ceneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype Interview. The second Interview was in person In Monterial with the Communication Vice-President, a communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questiond on my skills, my abillities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test.
    So for my the overall experience of this interview is huge.

Interview Questions

• why you chose our organization?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about the position?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager - Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, there was a Skype interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Geneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype interview. The second interview was in person in Montreal with the Communication Vice-President, a Communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questioned on my skills, my abilities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test.

Interview Questions

• Since this is mostly a B2B organization, how is your past experience in B2C relevant?   Answer Question