IAV Automotive Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2016

Interviews for Top Jobs at IAV Automotive Engineering

Calibration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northville, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IAV Automotive Engineering (Northville, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was very friendly. I was interviewed by 4 people & all of them were nice & smiling. The questions were a bit difficult and very practical. They opened up a engine layout and asked me to explain what I understood. After that they asked me questions about engine basics (speed, load and emissions). Finally the technical details of the projects I did. Overall a great experience. It was not like an HR interview, very technical & they test you basic understanding.

Interview Questions

• How does emissions (Soot NOx etc) change with EGR concentration in Diesel engines?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IAV Automotive Engineering.

Interview

The Interviewer was very friendly. It was just general interview about my academics and particular area of interest in the field of automotive. He explained very nicely about the working culture, job positions available, what type of work the company does and so on.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage to get such good academic standings?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IAV Automotive Engineering (Detroit, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was challenging. The process begins with a phone interview to discuss about the resume. A few days later, they call for a face to face interview with the manager, mentor and the HR. The interview ranges from simple fundamental engineering questions to tricky questions about real life scenarios or problem statements. The company deals with 2 major divisions of powertrain consulting and the questions are balanced over each division. The company replies after 2 weeks to let you know about the decision. They were quite open with the negotiation process too.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IAV Automotive Engineering (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was lengthy and with multiple stages
    the HR had been very helpful
    The interviewers were expecting only software knowledge and pure software background.
    even were expecting the past projects based on software would have been a big advantage

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IAV Automotive Engineering (Berlin (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

Eine ausfürhliche Vorstellungsrunde in der die Stelle und die Erwartungen sehr genau erklärt wurden. Vom Bewerber wurde dann ebenfalls eine Vorstellung seiner Person im Detail erwartet. Fehlende branchenspezifische Hintergründe wurde ebenfalls erfagt aber deren Fehlen nicht skeptisch gesehen. Die Athmosphäre war sehr angenehm und man hatte nicht das Gefühl das einem Fangfragen oder ähnliches erwarten könnten.

Interview Questions

• Wo denken sie am ehesten schwierigkeiten bei der Einarbeitung haben zu können   1 Answer