ICU Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

ICU Medical Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2018

Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICU Medical.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on September 20th and had a brief phone conversation with him later that week. He set up a phone interview with the hiring manager on September 27th which lasted about 30 minutes. A week after the phone interview, I received an email inviting me onsite for a panel interview with 8 people across 5 hours. I had my onsite interview on October 13th. Some of the interviewers truly enjoyed what I had to say and some seemed like they had no interest in participating in the interview process. Interviews went from 8:30am to 4pm with an hour and a half during which I was allowed to leave for lunch due to an all-company meeting.
    I was told during the interview that I would hear whether or not I was being offered the position the following Tuesday (October 17th). After hearing nothing that day, I sent a follow up email on October 18th and another October 25th. I finally heard back later on October 25th from the original recruiter, not the person who had been my point of contact throughout the interview process telling me to be patient and that I should hear something soon. Finally received a generic HR rejection email on November 3rd. After that many delays and lack of response, I would have appreciated a personalized email or a phone call.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your current manager would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICU Medical (Lake Forest, IL).

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager on 9/20/2017. I had a face-to-face interview with the team on 10/5/2017 (8 individuals). No breaks or time provided to get refreshment although the interview was scheduled during the lunch hour. The decision from the team was provided on 11/3/2017.

Risk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ICU Medical (Lake Forest, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was setup nicely by the recruiter and confirmed. But when I got to the location for interview, i came to know that 2 of the of the interviewers were not aware that they were supposed to interview me. Then, there was no concession made to at least talk to me for 5 minutes if not all of 1/2 hour each as was allotted. How unprofessional. Then I was told to call them to schedule the rest of the interviews. I would not want to work with a team with that type of unprofessional attitude.

Interview Questions

• If I can do the job of maintaining their risk management program in good shape since the predecessor had done such a good job.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICU Medical (Taylorsville, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career site and a few days later I got an email to set up a plant tour and interview. After the interview they said they would let me know whether I got the position in a week or two. I sent a thank you note and two weeks later when I still hadn't heard from them I sent a follow up email. I never got a response from the company telling me whether or not I got the position, ever. Really annoying and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They wanted a 5 min presentation about me and another 5 minute presentation on what I expected to gain from the internship.   Answer Question

Materials Handler Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ICU Medical (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

I am met the area manager, he walked me around and showed me everything I would be doing. I then interviewed with the warehouse supervisor whom was very nice about answering my question. He (the warehouse manager) let me speak with a HR representative, whom I spoke in depth with certain items I couldn't discuss with anyone but the HR department.

Interview Questions

• What my hobbies are? and they were actually interested in the answer.   1 Answer

Critical Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICU Medical (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was long and critical. Make sure you're honest. They check your credentials. If you are bona fide thendi the right thing and be yourself. It's very good company and they will be very generous as long as you work hard

Operations Interview

Interview

Quick interviews with multiple people, HR was going through the motions, met with management and peers.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of Excel experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ICU Medical in April 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. I choose to use a recruiter to lessen the time I had spend applying online etc. The company relies on recruiters, however, individuals that submit on their own are able to negotiate salary more easily. Had a panel interview with 2 quality managers, individual interview with the director, then business unit manager interview. The phone screen was for about an hour. The questions were about resume experience and a lot of up selling the company. They seemed genuine in their interest over the phone so I went in for the interview. The on site interviews were for about 3 hours. I took a plant tour through the clean room with the various injection molding equipment and automated assembly equipment. I commented on the lean metric that they have posted (mostly for show) found out after the fact. They do have an incredible production monitoring system for scrap and product completion on runs that makes data analysis easier to perform.

Interview Questions

• Explain the first step to resolve a field complaint.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Strong arm tactic from the head of HR to get you to commit to the job rather than take a weekend to consider. called me at the home on a Saturday to review benefits after I received an offer Friday afternoon. Then demanded an acceptance and start date. Be ready for the line that we have several other candidates lined up that we need to get back to if your not able to tell us immediately.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ICU Medical.

Interview

1 st round - online test(aptitude, logical, verbal)
    2 nd &3rd rounds- face to face technical interviews
    1 HR round - General questions are asked in this round i.e self intro, about ur family background etc

Interview Questions

• they asked to write a program for the given problem
      concepts in oops, dbms,   Answer Question

Engineering- Plant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICU Medical in March 2010.

Interview

I got he acll from the HR manager for a telephone screen which happened in a day or two.
    Phone screening took just few minutes. Few days later I was asked to fly in for personal interview. The started at 7.00am, and ended around 12.00 noon. Ssometing unusual for me though they knew that I would reach late in the night, could be due to the Utah plant staff start work around that time. Interview was one on one with about 7 individuals mostly mostly which was more of a decription of what is going on their sprecific area with few digging into th resume and specifc questions on job experience case studies .

Interview Questions

• Expalin a DOE carried out by you to fix an issue with molded plastic part   Answer Question
    • Tell me about what you do on your curernt position in detail as to how you get involved or lead in the product design abd development   Answer Question