ICU Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2018

2.8

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICU Medical (San Clemente, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Hired as contractor through a recruiter. I spoke with Accounting Manager maybe 20 minutes on the phone and was asked to come to work immediately. ICU Medical trusts the recruiter as they have many contractors there right now.

Interview Questions

• After telling me about the transitional situation, the job expectations she asked me to tell her about myself. No tough interview questions more of a conversation.   1 Answer

Chemistry Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICU Medical (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Typical process. Interviewed by 4 people each one-on-one. Job was for an analytical chemist type role developing QC methods in a validated/ regulated lab. Some interviewers had typical questions, others complained about audits their entire 30 minutes. One or two technical question regarding LC. Great Hiring manager. Facilities and instruments extremely dated (ie buying replacement parts on ebay...)

Very fast to generate an offer. Best to interview with other companies first if you can, as you may not have time to get other offers.

Final offer was low (60K or $28 Hr) compared to other similar jobs in Austin at Cerriliant or Entegris. HR was totally unwilling to negotiate. "R&D" jobs are paid hourly. The offer was sort of a bait and switch. I applied for Chemistry Analyst III and was offered Chemistry Analyst II position. Job description was extremely general. Formal performance review system (ie how to get a promotion) seemed non-existent.

The position was newly created for a new R&D department and the Hiring Manager was new to the company, so there seems to be a chance that this role could evolve/improve in the future.

Company seems profitable. Austin site seems largely dependent on one or few products for success.

Interview Questions

• explain how you approach a problem   1 Answer

Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICU Medical.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on September 20th and had a brief phone conversation with him later that week. He set up a phone interview with the hiring manager on September 27th which lasted about 30 minutes. A week after the phone interview, I received an email inviting me onsite for a panel interview with 8 people across 5 hours. I had my onsite interview on October 13th. Some of the interviewers truly enjoyed what I had to say and some seemed like they had no interest in participating in the interview process. Interviews went from 8:30am to 4pm with an hour and a half during which I was allowed to leave for lunch due to an all-company meeting.
    I was told during the interview that I would hear whether or not I was being offered the position the following Tuesday (October 17th). After hearing nothing that day, I sent a follow up email on October 18th and another October 25th. I finally heard back later on October 25th from the original recruiter, not the person who had been my point of contact throughout the interview process telling me to be patient and that I should hear something soon. Finally received a generic HR rejection email on November 3rd. After that many delays and lack of response, I would have appreciated a personalized email or a phone call.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your current manager would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICU Medical (Lake Forest, IL).

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager on 9/20/2017. I had a face-to-face interview with the team on 10/5/2017 (8 individuals). No breaks or time provided to get refreshment although the interview was scheduled during the lunch hour. The decision from the team was provided on 11/3/2017.

Risk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ICU Medical (Lake Forest, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was setup nicely by the recruiter and confirmed. But when I got to the location for interview, i came to know that 2 of the of the interviewers were not aware that they were supposed to interview me. Then, there was no concession made to at least talk to me for 5 minutes if not all of 1/2 hour each as was allotted. How unprofessional. Then I was told to call them to schedule the rest of the interviews. I would not want to work with a team with that type of unprofessional attitude.

Interview Questions

• If I can do the job of maintaining their risk management program in good shape since the predecessor had done such a good job.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICU Medical (Taylorsville, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career site and a few days later I got an email to set up a plant tour and interview. After the interview they said they would let me know whether I got the position in a week or two. I sent a thank you note and two weeks later when I still hadn't heard from them I sent a follow up email. I never got a response from the company telling me whether or not I got the position, ever. Really annoying and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They wanted a 5 min presentation about me and another 5 minute presentation on what I expected to gain from the internship.   Answer Question

Materials Handler Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ICU Medical (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

I am met the area manager, he walked me around and showed me everything I would be doing. I then interviewed with the warehouse supervisor whom was very nice about answering my question. He (the warehouse manager) let me speak with a HR representative, whom I spoke in depth with certain items I couldn't discuss with anyone but the HR department.

Interview Questions

• What my hobbies are? and they were actually interested in the answer.   1 Answer

Critical Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICU Medical (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was long and critical. Make sure you're honest. They check your credentials. If you are bona fide thendi the right thing and be yourself. It's very good company and they will be very generous as long as you work hard

Operations Interview

Interview

Quick interviews with multiple people, HR was going through the motions, met with management and peers.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of Excel experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ICU Medical in April 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. I choose to use a recruiter to lessen the time I had spend applying online etc. The company relies on recruiters, however, individuals that submit on their own are able to negotiate salary more easily. Had a panel interview with 2 quality managers, individual interview with the director, then business unit manager interview. The phone screen was for about an hour. The questions were about resume experience and a lot of up selling the company. They seemed genuine in their interest over the phone so I went in for the interview. The on site interviews were for about 3 hours. I took a plant tour through the clean room with the various injection molding equipment and automated assembly equipment. I commented on the lean metric that they have posted (mostly for show) found out after the fact. They do have an incredible production monitoring system for scrap and product completion on runs that makes data analysis easier to perform.

Interview Questions

• Explain the first step to resolve a field complaint.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Strong arm tactic from the head of HR to get you to commit to the job rather than take a weekend to consider. called me at the home on a Saturday to review benefits after I received an offer Friday afternoon. Then demanded an acceptance and start date. Be ready for the line that we have several other candidates lined up that we need to get back to if your not able to tell us immediately.