ID Business Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.7

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ID Business Solutions (Alameda, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional.

I was contacted through email after 2 weeks of applying online. The email stated that my background seemed to align well with the qualifications for the position, and that they would
    like to schedule a short introductory call to discuss my background and their open position in more detail. I replied with my availability and we scheduled a call time. When the day came, I waited for 1h after the agreed time to receive the call, but none came. I then emailed the recruiter (instead of her emailing me) asking if there was a misunderstanding or if anything had happened. She replied saying that she had a connection problem, and rescheduled the call. At this second agreed time, I again waited for a call that never came.

I really do not understand this unprofessional behavior, and based on other Interview Experiences posted here, it seems that this is not the first time they do this. If you are not interested in an applicant, let them know. I could have used the time I spent preparing for this call in preparing for other, more professional companies that are considerate of their potential employees.

Interview Questions

• What would be a convenient day and time for you to have an introductory call?   Answer Question

ID Business Solutions Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Global Head of HR

I'm sorry to learn that this was your experience; we have investigated internally and will endeavor to ensure a situation like this does not arise in future.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ID Business Solutions (Boston, MA).

Interview

First steps were phone interviews with members of HR as well as the Head of the BD department. A personality assessment was requested after the preliminary phone interviews. The final phase involved Individual and group interviews with several key members of the IDBS sales team. I had about 5 one-on-one interviews with upper management and members of the sales team. To close out the day, myself and the other interviewees engaged in a group activity.

Interview Questions

• How would you find/determine the key decision maker in a targeted company?   Answer Question

Business Development/Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ID Business Solutions (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and different (in a good way) from any interview process I went through before. Like most interview processes I started with a phone screen with one of the HR Recruiters and from there I moved on to a phone interview with the manager. After the preliminary calls I was required to take a personality assessment as well as another assessment around Math Logic and Reading comprehension.

The next stage is where the process was a bit different from most other companies. I along with 5 other applicants were invited to a full day of interviews. This included 6 one-on-one interviews with managers and executives as well as a 15 minute presentation we had to give on a mock sales scenario. At first I thought that 6 interviews and a presentation was pretty daunting, but in the end it was great and made me wonder why other companies don’t interview like this.

Some of the reasons thought it was great:
    -It showed that the company really cared about who they were hiring and gave them the opportunity to see how the people they selected would be as a team
    -After the first couple of 1-on-1 meetings I felt more at ease it seemed like every interview was more of a conversation than an interview.
    -Preparing for a presentation forces you to look a little further into the company and learn more about them than you might for most other interviews. It also gives you the chance to show them that you can do the job.

Overall it was a great experience and the people were awesome.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about targeting decision makers at key accounts   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ID Business Solutions (Alameda, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and had an interview scheduled. The date and time came and no correspondence came from the recruiter. I emailed asking if there was a miscommunication in the interview time but found out the recruiter had made a mistake. We rescheduled for the next week, but again, the recruiter failed to contact me again. Pretty unprofessional, as it wasted time from two days of my life. If you didn't want me, at least contact me and say that you changed your mind or whatever. The fact that I contacted them again and they rescheduled only to fail again made everything that much worse.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Phone call, interview, rejection, then came back 5 weeks later, hired. Brought in the first day and everything was a mess from top to bottom. Realized then what a mistake i made. Wanted to run away.

Software Tester Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ID Business Solutions.

Interview

After the initial application, there was a set of online tests. These are quite difficult, and I suggest practicing before taking them.

The next stage was a phone interview, with most of the questions being about the role. The aim of the interview seemed to be gauging my suitability, but the questions were not in depth at this point.

The final stage was face to face at the office and consisted of three rounds. The first was an interview with two senior testers. Here, they went through my CV and asked about my background and experience. There were also more questions about the role and testing in general, including some technical questions.

The next part was another logic test, but it was significantly easier than the online assessments. Finally, there was an HR interview, where they discuss the results of the online tests and assess whether your personality and way of working fits the role.

Interview Questions

• I mainly remember them asking high level theory questions about testing and how you can assess quality.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ID Business Solutions (Guildford, England (UK)).

Interview

Brief telephone 'interview'. Psychometric tests including mathematics, English and decision making skills. If successful you'll move to an in person interview. Could possibly be asked to prepare something i.e a presentation about the job or the company.
    Reviewed psychometric for 1 hour followed by interview with line manager and colleagues. On-site interview process took around 3 hours however it was not taxing. Felt more like a formality.
    Whole process was maybe 2 weeks in total. Offered a position starting 6 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Have you considered your future career in addition to this position?   Answer Question

Student Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ID Business Solutions (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions and asking how do you respond to different situations. There is also a very in depth IQ and dimensional test that you got through with HR at the end of the in-place interview. Hardly any technical questions, except for a code review excercise you do at home.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had a problem with a member of your team and how you responded.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ID Business Solutions.

Interview

A very straight forward and simple interview process, and overall did not feel overwhelming. HR were extremely organised, friendly and very professional throughout the process, and always kept me informed about the next steps, and this was December during the festive period. The whole process took two weeks this included a phone interview,face to face interview with potential line manager, and final interview with a member of the HR team. Have had fair amount of interviews in the past, and I wish all interview processes were like this, simple, straightforward and honest.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my college education, and how it will benefit the role.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ID Business Solutions (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had a phone interview, followed by an on-site interview. It was a nice and friendly interview of about an hour with Line Manager, Lead Developer and a Senior Developer from his team. They briefly highlighted role responsibilities and what part of the product I would be working on, then they cracked on with the technical part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Mainly focused on core Java. Some question on algorithms, e.g. sorting, tree search. DBMS fundamentals, e.g. create a simple DB schema, schema normalisation.   Answer Question