IDEXX Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Portland, ME).

Interview

Let's just say it's a lengthy wait to get an interview. I received one a few weeks after submitting my application and then was told I would be scheduled with a follow up interview. I never was scheduled for a follow up interview, never heard back, and it has been almost two months later. I figured I would leave this review to advise others of the wait to hear back, if at all.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Started with phone call and then went into the office for 3 hour interview with the team. Mainly behavioral questions and getting to know me. They were all really nice.

Material Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories.

Interview

none, didn't hear from the "talent acquisition team" until after the role had been filled. Completely unprofessional, website job status is clearly not maintained. Pathetic blackhole recruiting.

Interview Questions

• None, this is one of those lazy firms that post positions and never do anything. Shameful management doesn't realize that potential employees may become competitors and future hiring mangers. IDEXX sucks!   Answer Question

Histology Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Portland, ME) in August 2017.

Interview

It is just a freely talk and nothing is difficult to understand. Scheduled phone interview and then wait for the call. The whole process lasted 20 mins and then was told to wait for further notification.

Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Middletown, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well. No longer than 30 minutes. I interviewed with two different people the process was very easy. They asked several questions but werent anything too bad

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories.

Interview

Began with applying on their website. After two weeks got notified about a phone interview request. Common behavioral questions. They said I would hear back in two weeks about if I would be moved on forward or not. Four weeks past, and after no response with emails and phone calls, I presume I was declined.

Interview Questions

• What are three words a coworker would use to describe you?   Answer Question

PCR Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (West Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was an over the phone interview, followed by an in person interview. The lady interviewing me was extremely nice and the interview process wasn't difficult. I was not prepared and felt a bit awkward answering the questions over the phone but it seems I answered them well enough to land an in person interview.

Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in-person interview. Phone interview went very well, was scheduled for 30 minutes, but I did about 50 mins. Next day got called for an in-person interview and went in to have that interview that day. Interview was held at 10.30 pm and was done at about 12.30 am because it was for a night shift position. Was interviewed by two people. They showed the lab for about 30-45 mins and then the interview was a little over an hour.
    Didn't get a good vibe from them because every time I'd mention that I'm excited to move up in their company and start my career with them they would basically shut me down and say " Yeah but it will probably be not for a while or basically never". A lot of questions were repetitive! They would ask " What are your strengths?", and then the next question would be "If we called your current manager what would they say about you?"; or "What do you think makes a good specimen processor and how will you make sure you succeed at this position?" and the next question would be "What qualities you could bring in to this position to be efficient?". So prepare multiple answers for the same question, and by multiple I mean like 10.
    I also don't understand the need for 2 hour interview if all they were looking for was someone without an education, who can basically look at the sticker, put in a correct number in the computer system, and transfer the sample to the appropriate department...
    They got back to me about two weeks after an interview over the EMAIL and notified me that they have chosen a different candidate.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbrook, ME

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Westbrook, ME).

Interview

Phone screen was mostly the usual old-school expected conversation, though HR was unsure of pay range - which was either a tactic to gain negotiating leverage or she was poorly prepared. Either way, a red flag.

In person interview with 5 people. Very smart, and very candid about Idexx. None seemed excited about their job or the company. All seemed to enjoy living in Maine and that is why they stay. I did not pick up on any love for the company they work for.

I left with the impression that Idexx takes advantage of the fact that they are the big dog in town and there aren't many work options in Portland.

Hiring Manager came off as cold and arrogant.

I informed them that I was withdrawing my initial interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• Solve this very vague and irrelevant hypothetical problem that has nothing to do with your role.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbrook, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Westbrook, ME) in March 2017.

Interview

Screening call with recruiter, pretty basic call to go over my employment history and experience and a brief overview of the company and the hiring group.
    In-person interview with hiring manager was fine, pretty standard questions to get a feel for compatibility. Gave a deeper explanation of job accountabilities.
    Overall it was a fine interview process, pretty quick from the time I applied (2-weeks). The recruiter let me know about a week after my in-person interview that they would move forward to second round interviews with internal candidates- which I expected.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you had a high stress deadline   1 Answer