IDEXX Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.7

Technical Support Consultatnt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbrook, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Westbrook, ME).

Interview

Great Process!! Great People. Bad closure!! Talent acquisition should take the "magic training!!" closest to the "exit door" LOL
    Manager and team lead were great! and understand they need people that "fit" with the team. Age does not predict what past experience brings.
    Good luck Idexx!!

Interview Questions

• Very honest question about decision making! I get it, a call center type mentality vs rea; technical support, you figure it out.....   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty typical phone interview. Though the lady doing the interview was somewhat condescending and kept saying "um" so much it was driving me crazy. Also they assumed I had clinical lab experience, and proceeded to criticize my interview when I said no. I didn't even recall applying to them that's how many places I've been applying to yet overall I feel they wasted my time.

Field Support Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories.

Interview

First was a phone screen to make sure you understood the requirements of the job. The recruiter was amazing and we connected from the start. There was then an official 1st phone interview with the recruiter. It went well. A couple of weeks later the hiring manager had a phone interview with me. Again, we connected right away. A couple of weeks after that was a conference call between myself and 4 others already in the field. It went well. A face to face interview was scheduled for after that with the hiring manager and the director. A 15 minute presentation was supposed to be done, but the location was not conducive for that, and the director had to leave on a phone call.

Up until the face to face interview, I felt so comfortable with everyone. I was upset that I spent time preparing for my presentation, only to not have time to do it. The hiring manager didn't even have time to finish the slideshow he had brought.

I was told I would hear back in a couple of weeks. I hadn't heard anything, emailed the hiring manager, with no response. Emailed the recruiter, that informed me I had no be chosen at this time.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if you were traveling and had to miss a family event due to an airport delay beyond your control?   Answer Question

Field Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant enough. I had one phone interview and then was contacted to schedule and in person interview with a training coordinator and area supervisor. I was told before I ever started the process that there would be a presentation requires, which was fine. It was a subject I was familiar with, but I still put about two hours work into the presentation to make sure I covered everything, make sure it looked professional, and to practice deliverance. The interview was 2.5 hours away from where I lived (and the location that the actual position was based in,) because they were interviewing for people to fill the spot in the interview location as well and lumped the interviews together for the two separate locations.

I ended up not being offered the position, which was okay as I knew there were more technically qualified individuals out there. The part that really bothered me and that I found incredibly unprofessional was that I never recieved a phone call, email, or any type of communication after the interview letting me know that I had not been chosen for the position. This was particularly frustrating after spending two hours preparing a presentation, and after a 5 hour round trip to interview. I was told at the end of the interview that I would hear something the following week, regardless of decision. After a week (I had sent a thank you email immediately unfollowing my interview with no response) I emailed the first person I had my phone interview with, as well as the area supervisor I had my inperson interview with, with a professional inquiry on the status of the decision on the position. I never heard back from either. I found this distasteful.

I was also asked (prior to the interview) to send my mileage for the interview for compensation. I did, and never recieved the compensation or heard back from the company at all.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you delt with a frustrated or deshelveled client, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative-companion Pet Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Birmingham, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an IDEXX HR person via LinkedIn. A phone interview was scheduled with him (which went well and he passed me on to the in-person interview with the hiring manager the following week) . The interview was 3 hours and 45 minutes, did include a mock sales situation/role play (which went well), and was surprisingly comfortable, given the length. I was told that 2 others were interviewing for this position but that only 2 would be moving on to the final interview (with the regional manager) and an offer would be made mid-month. Mid-month came and I had received no notification at all from IDEXX. I had to reach out to the HR contact (the one who reached out to me, conducted the phone interview AND set the in-person interview up) twice before I received a response. His response was "I've not heard anything either. No news is not necessarily bad news. When I hear something I will reach out to you with either feedback or next-steps". Nine days later I've yet to receive notification. I find this to be not only rude, but highly unprofessional. To have been put through such an unusual, and very lengthy interview, I feel I deserve at least a standard rejection email. I would not recommend anyone interviewing with this company.

Interview Questions

• The role play involved me selling Lasik surgery equipment to an ophthalmologist (who was the hiring manager).   1 Answer
    • Another area IDEXX employee (the specialist who will be working with whoever gets hired) came in at the end of the interview (the hiring manager stepped out) and talked with me.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories in April 2016.

Interview

Very casual, mainly background questions. Talked extensively about mgmt style, successful employees. Where successful employees are now. Details about daily responsibilities. Structure of external sales team is confusing. Or maybe its just me. In role you are more of a manufacturer rep for dealer reps within the same company.

Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Sacramento, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was asked a few questions over the phone, prior to the phone call I was contacted via email. Initially I found the job posting online and applied. I was worried about the commute and pay because it is quite a drive .

Interview Questions

• Why i would like to work for the country   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories.

Interview

It was a joke, hiring mgr came off edgy and defensive right away when asked mundane questions. During silly role play gave me an objection that was not on the script list, I challenged and he asked "How could you miss it it was right there in front of you?" I said it wasn't and he tried to find it in the script and it was not there. No apologies, nothing, but then tried to spin it. I had seen enough red flags and I ended the session and left. Bad feeling going in was verified... I have never had the 1st face-to-face interview be a 3 hr BS session including the 1 hr study time and 30 min role play like this, with the feeling of being adversaries.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how we do business?   1 Answer

Specimen Processor I Interview

Interview

I was told what I am required to do and did a typing test. After that I was given a tour of the lab to all the different departments. I was also shown all the different types of samples

Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IDEXX Laboratories (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. The manager and the night shift manager interviewed me together. They just asked me about experience in the vet field and they wanted to know what my future plans were. Very relaxed and welcoming interview.