IHOP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IHOP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

1.7

Host Interview

Interview

I filled an application out. I turned it in waited few minutes for the manager. When she came out she interviewed me on the spot. She asked me why I wanted to work there and how long I plan on staying. After the interview I ws hired on the spot. I started work the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IHOP (Gilbert, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and she was very unprofessional. I kept getting the feeling that she was irritated that I was asking so many questions. She didn't seem to want to go into detail what I would need to be doing.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHOP in March 2017.

Interview

Was called in by the general manager discussed why I would a good fit for position and traiming to be a server filled out hire paperwork started in next two days.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in working there   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

Interview went well. I was hired on the spot because I had serving experience. General questions were asked. The manager seemed pretty cool and laid back and had a passion for pancakes and her pancake partner affiliates. She absolutely adored pancakes. She told me that her first date with the man she decided to marry was at an IHOP. He proposed to her at an IHOP too.

Hostess/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IHOP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The boss seemed to be in a rush and was a mess in appearance. I didn't feel too comfortable but I had to take the job. It took about 10 minutes and got a free drink.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Met at a hotel, did initial interview with Area Manager, was brought into room with 6 more people including the President of the company. Did that interview. Received a call a few days later from said President, missed it and returned his call the next day and left a message. Never heard back from him.

Interview Questions

• Why did you move to another city without having a job lined up?   1 Answer

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IHOP (Coon Rapids, MN).

Interview

It was a very short and brief interview. I applied but was never was able to meet up with the manager because she was always so busy. One day I decided to come in one more time and she was there. She told me she liked my determination and I was hired. The one and only job I was hired for with sweats, a hoodie, and a messy bun.

Interview Questions

• What hours would I be available to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Capitol Heights, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Capitol Heights, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

It's was quick, open minded people, neat. I took 3 day training & on the weekend that's when they really needs you to be there because it's busy & holiday.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IHOP (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

I applied in person and got an interview on the spot. One of the managers and I sat in a booth and he asked me typical interview questions, such as how I would deal with certain situations and how I would help make people's experience more positive. It was a very pleasant experience and I did end up getting the position offered to me. It's an easy process and everyone was extremely friendly. Great place to work!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you changed a customer's bad experience into a positive one.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

It is very laid back, pass background check have interview after on the job interview you get offer. There really isn't much else to the process. The rest of the time the ask about personal life stuff, and make sure you understand it is 365 day job

Interview Questions

• BOH or FOh which is preferred   1 Answer