IHOP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2018

1.7

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview went quickly got asked a few questions then asked if I could start immediately. I was asked about my skills, and prior work experience. If I had a criminal record and if so what was it. Also asked when I was available to work. Other than what was stated that was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Criminal Background, job history, hours available, when are you willing to work   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ceres, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHOP (Ceres, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Was called to first interview with whom I assumed was the manager. Interview went well and she asked me back for a second interview and asked that I memorized all of the omelettes on the menu, no big deal. I came back with all omelettes memorized and had a second good interview. I was then asked to come back for a THIRD interview and was initially asked to memorize the combos but then this manager changed her mind and decided to ask me to memorize their entire breakfast menu. They led me on for a few days, and then I interviewed with the owner. The owner seemed pompous and full of himself and was not at all someone that I would have wanted to work with. He would ask me questions and then cut me off, and asked moderately prying questions and seemed smug and pleased with himself when I was caught off guard and uncomfortable. He then told me that if I didn't hear from them by a certain date that it was safe to say I should forget about it. I left the entire process jarred and will not interview at another IHOP again.

Interview Questions

• If I hire you, in six months what will I regret my decision?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IHOP (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Sat down with a manager for about 4 minutes and was asked 3 questions in total until she got her boss and was hired on the spot and filled out all the paperwork and started the next day

Interview Questions

• What hours can you work?
      Are you okay only working weekends?
      When can you start?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IHOP (Austin, TX).

Interview

got hired on spot j

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHOP (Katy, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Walked in just in time and interview took only 2 minutes. This occurred during the Holiday season so they hired on the spot. Interview was very brief and don’t ask many personal questions just about the job.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work holidays like Christmas or Christmas Eve?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Louisville, KY) in November 2017.

Interview

It was easy and simple, I never had it this easy trying to find a job with glassdoor.com , I posted my profile and got a phone call the next day based on the information I posted. They already knew what they needed to know pretty much it makes the process a piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• What they would benefit from hiring me, what were my best qualities.   1 Answer

Hostess/Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IHOP (East Providence, RI) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back the next day. Came in the following day and did the interview. She didn't really ask me any questions, just told me about the job and what it required

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

The interview was quick and the interviewer seemed in a rush. She seemed like she was uninterested. But at the same time I was extremely nervous during the interview process and could of done better.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IHOP (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

It was good. I filled out the application and was interviewed on the spot, though I was not dressed in a professional manner, the interview process was satisfying

Interview Questions

• Any prior experience on restaurant jobs?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

the hiring process went smooth for me. I came in about 2 o'clock and we sat down and talked about my experiences, why I wanted the job, and why should I be hired.