IMA Management & Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMA Management & Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at IMA Management & Technology

3.4

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMA Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2017.

Interview

Tough and lenghty. First round with the HR was great. She was very professional and open. Discussed about the role and asked questions around the CV and experience. The next round was a written test by Christian Wolfe a Phd from US. It was a very lengthy and tricky numerical ability test in addition to corporate communication test where I had to answer questions based on a paragraph and also write a business email to stakeholders and team

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve conflict with team or stakeholders. Give example   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2018 – GM of Recruitment

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with our interview process. Please feel free to contact our recruitment team to discuss, and perhaps we can improve it for future candidates.

Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMA Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

Very thorough, four interviews by phone, recruiter, peer and MD, and a fiendish four hour logic test. Company only recruits from the very top of the candidate or applicant pool and will now compromise for short term business needs

Interview Questions

• Specific technical BA skills   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMA Management & Technology.

Interview

Step 1 - Meet in person with HR
    Step 2 - Analytical Reasoning Test 4 Hours
    Step 3 - Peer Interview

The process is pedantic and i don't think truly allows a person showcase their skills as a PM - felt wasted my time as there was no validity to your experience or individual skills that matters but a process which is standardised with an assumption that size 9 fits all.

Interview Questions

• Step 1 - Standard PM questions on behavioural type situation with some to highlight your strengths and weakness.
      Step 2 - Its like a GMAT type test focussed on communication and Aptitude - language is cryptic in the way questions are stated which has no real world relevance
      Step 3 - Peer , again more focus on your individuality and behavioural type scenarios   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMA Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

Telephone interviw by HR / then test 3-5 hours in their office. After exam i got a call from HR again that i have passed the exam and they will arrange for last step interview ...and this was tbe last time i heard from them . So i followed up ... no response ... so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Compplicated math related tests which each could take up to 40 steps and more than an hour to respond.   Answer Question

Nov 8, 2017 – Director, Recruitment

Hi, Sorry to hear of your bad experience so far.
    There have been a few changes over the last few weeks, and you may have slipped through the cracks. Can you please contact Lauren in our Melbourne... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IMA Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had face to face with HR , if successful , a test of analytics and maths which can be for 4 hours and then the interview with senior consultants, they also want to know your hobbies or other interests.
    If you are not successful the HR will share some feedback which I found a nice thing, but then again they have their own perception of right and wrong answer.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate team members
      About stakeholder management
      Most difficult task as a PM   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IMA Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied directly and got a call from the HR Manager within a few weeks. We had a kind of phone interview for about half an hour which was great. We discussed the role, company, my experiences, and expectations.

A few days later they invited me for a test at their office in Sydney. It was a lengthy one which took about 3 hours for me to complete. Questions were easy, pay attention to the details, concentrate and be patient.

Two days later got a call and invited for Peer to Peer interview. The interview was over a coffee and took over one hour. It was more like a PM to PM discussion like what I have done, what you have done, etc.

Again a few days later got a call and invited for the last round of interview with the GM, again this one was over a coffee. Amazing person and we had a good chat mostly about the roles, IMA, clients and my experiences.

Interview Questions

• In 30 seconds name all the project documents and reports that you have prepared?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

The process was exhaustive and thorough. Starting with a phone screening followed by an interview with the recruiting director. This led to a four hour logic and reasoning test that's quite demanding. Following successful completion you go through a peer interview and if successful there you get an interview with the MD which could be over a game of pool or on a bike ride. After that you're you're introduced to the BDMs to see if there's an appropriate placement

Interview Questions

• IF I asked your friends about you, what would they say?   Answer Question

BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IMA Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

Well greeted & received in the office. Just that I was nervous being the first interview after many years. A few questions asked a couple of times with a tweak. The pace at which the interviewer spoke was a bit of a challenge as I nervous.

Interview Questions

• What are roles & responsibilities of a BA?
      What are your strengths & weakness?
      How do priorise or re-prioritise if there is a change in the process of client's requisition?
      What were your achievements?
      Why do you think you are the right candidate for this role?
      If I ask your family & friends to describe about, what would be their first response in general?
      Do people feel you are approachable? Give an eg of the situation?
      If you had to solve a conflict, what are things that you would take care of & how would you take it forward?
      If you had a non technical customer, how would you clarify the technical changes that you have made in the system?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMA Management & Technology in March 2016.

Interview

4 Rounds of successful interview 1. HR interview 2. Logical reasoning and Language Test (4 hours) 3. Peer interview 4. Management interview 5. No of reference check.

I feel its not ethical to interview candidate for so many rounds of interview and tell them to wait for months - Reason that they would deploy you at client project and would revert after they have projects available for you.

Interview Questions

• Generic BA Questions   1 Answer
    • All BA questions, few situation based.   1 Answer

Nov 28, 2016 – GM, Recruitment

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately we sometimes are at the mercy of the market

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMA Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview

1) With HR - more of a behavioral questions. Once HR is OK, they schedule for 4 hours test
    2) 4 hours test - tests the ability to follow simple instructions. there is also reading comprehension and situational question
    3) Peer Interview - again behavioral questions.

I cleared all the rounds, however HR mentioned (after repeated follow-ups) that unfortunately they were looking for a role of Project Manager and not Business Analyst. While I understand that market conditions change, but it couldn't be possible that just in 3-4 weeks they dont need a BA anymore.

I think HR should be careful in putting up adverts in Seek. Candidates spend hours of time travelling to interview locations - I spent almost a day in interview process costing me $$ as I work on contract, and find it ridiculous to not get an offer just because at 11th hour someone realized we need a PM and not a BA.

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between being a consultant and being a BA   Answer Question

May 1, 2018 – GM of Recruitment

Hi, Can you please contact Lauren in our Melbourne office for a chat :)