IMI Precision Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.9

LEAN Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMI Precision Engineering (Brookville, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call from HR to setup telephonic interview for Lean intern position. Interviewed by manufacturing engineer and HR together. Interview went very well for about 40 minutes. Both the interviewers were impressed. Asked me when I could come for an in person interview at their office and told me that they decide upon the time of in-person interview within 2 days. Surprisingly got rejection email after 3 days. Unbelievable. They probably found a better fit or some internal referral. (Mind=devastated)

Interview Questions

• All questions based on resume,educational background and experience. A few behaviour and personality based questions. Nothing out of the box.   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMI Precision Engineering.

Interview

I had a pretty thorough interview process: phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with VP/potential manager, in person interview with VP/potential manager, and in person interview with VP of HR. This was an open position due to relocation of the department.

After the phone interviews alone, the VP made it very obvious that he wanted me for the role. The two in-person interviews cemented it.

After days of leaving me hanging and ignoring my calls, I got a pathetic email from the recruiter riddled with spelling and grammar errors apologizing - an employee had decided to relocate after months of refusal and my potential spot was no longer open.

Took them 3 weeks to call me back after applying online, and it was a three week process between phone interviews and in person interviews, and the job had been posted for quite some time. After a ridiculously long, inefficient process, the job was no longer open? And I had to beat that information out of them?

My experience with HR/hiring mirrored other reviews from Norgren perfectly.

This was definitely a blessing in disguise, as I received an offer to work for a much more professional, honorable group of people.

Interview Questions

• Top 3 strengths, weaknesses, etc. Typical questions for unoriginal, personality-less recruiters   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IMI Precision Engineering (Littleton, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

I didn't think it was all that hard. It's the typical corporate interview, they have you wait in the lobby and then the supervisor will bring you into a conference room. Conference rooms are pretty nice, and usually have waters and snacks, this made it less intimidating for me. Definitely dress up for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer call?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IMI Precision Engineering (Littleton, CO).

Interview

Interview process was long and thorough, but not overly aggressive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer, though there was the promise to provide opportunity for growth, training, and pay increase where merited.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IMI Precision Engineering (Louisville, KY) in March 2012.

Interview

easy going and thorough. very professional, enjoyed the atmosphere and personnel questions were simple and direct not clouded with colorful language or complicate. one two three four five six seven eight nine ten

Interview Questions

• real world questions applicable to the job inquired   1 Answer

Global Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IMI Precision Engineering (Noida (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

The entire process is divided into 4 steps which can be seen on the official website. I will discuss about the last part, i.e, the assessment center. It is again divided into 4 segments. The technical analysis, verification of online test, personal interview and group discussion. The technical analysis is done by two engineers and the personal interview by an engineer and a HR. The group discussion is done in front of about 10 people (both engineers and HR).

Interview Questions

• How would you convince your team mates about your idea?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMI Precision Engineering (Noida (India)).

Interview

Approached by hiring agency and resume forwarded. After shortlisting within 1 week interview done. All round in same day & finally next week called for salary negotiations. First general round by HR, Then specific technical round by reporting manager and finally by department head. Then HR manager took the briefing

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMI Precision Engineering in August 2010.

Interview

Met with hiring Manager and discussed my skills, professional experience, other qualifications, and career goals. Also, discussed the company and the position's responsiblities.

Administration Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IMI Precision Engineering in January 2010.

Interview

Initial communication with the recruiter was fine. Some of the interviewers appeared engaged and others didn't. I followed up via email but never heard anything back. I know there are a lot of candidates out there right now, but I think if you are called in to meet in person you at least deserve a voicemail or email with the hiring decision.