ISBAN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.7

PMO Analyst (Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ISBAN (Milton Keynes, England (UK)).

Interview

Was asked about project Governance, the project management tools which I can use, what skills I can bring to the organisation, how I manage my daily tasks and why I decided to start contracting instead of permanent

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I have ever set up a PMO from the scratch   1 Answer

Apr 12, 2017 – Senior HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback - just so everyone is clear, this was for a contract role.

Technology Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ISBAN in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was done through telephone, which was very casual and pressure free. I passed the interview stage, however this year (2017) they are trying something new where you have to write a presentation on what you think is the future of FinTech after you pass the interview stage.

Interview Questions

• Please name a time where you or your group had an obstacle when working on a project, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Apr 12, 2017 – Senior HR Business Partner

It is much appreciated that even though you did not get an offer from us, you still gave up your time to provide this feedback! We wish you every success in your future career.

Technology Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ISBAN (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

There was an initial online application. Thereafter a telephone interview with some basic competency questions. Then I was asked to complete a presentation for the #YOUWRITEWHATSNEXT challenge and submit it to a panel for review. After being reviewed, I was invited to the final assessment stage, which involved giving my presentation to 3 member of the company, plus a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I organise my time during a busy work period?   Answer Question

Apr 12, 2017 – Senior HR Business Partner

We appreciate you giving us this feedback, thank you.

Technology & Innovation Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ISBAN (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were 5 stages to the hiring process:
    1. General CV Application
    2. Online Assessment
    3. Phone Interview
    4. #YOUWRITEWHATSNEXT Challenge -An interesting practical activity where you prepare a presentation regarding an idea
    5. Final Stage Interviews in Milton Keynes.

The interviews comprised of a general interview and you presenting the #Challenge presentation. Other activities were included that were for your benefit to find out more information about the company and to encompass a light friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Situational Question: "You are working at Isban as part of a team. Another team is also working on the project and your teams work directly follows on from theirs. However, the other team seem to regularly be delayed and thus it is effecting your teams work and deadlines. How do you go about resolving the issue?"   Answer Question

Apr 12, 2017 – Senior HR Business Partner

Many thanks for taking the time to give us this feedback -it is much appreciated.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ISBAN (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

- presentation based on a unique concept you come up with and research: a product/solution that Isban can implement
    - 30 min interview (situational judgement)
    - verification test (10 min aptitude test)

Interview Questions

ISBAN Response

Apr 12, 2017 – Senior HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback - your review is much appreciated.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ISBAN (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruitment process was a series of 5 stages.
    1)application
    2)online testing (logical test)
    3) you write whats next challenge
    4) presentation
    5) interview
    application and online tests were as standard as it is with any other company. We had to do a SHL based logical test. During the assessment day at the milton keynes office were were required to resit the logical test for confirmation purposes (not a big deal).
    The #YouWriteWhatsNext challenge was the best part of the process and most unique in the sense that it enabled me personally to stand out (rather than being subjected to standardised recruitment processes and looking boring). It required coming up with an idea for a technological aspect which isban could implement and submitting the presentation. The presentation (if adequate) will be selected and you will be required to present it towards an audience of tech savvy employees. The questions asked are technical and will be aimed towards punching holes in your idea. The presentation is more directed towards assessing your passion for technology and technology aptitude much rather than your presentation and communication skills. However the latter is still important.
    The interview process was very relaxed. The person interviewing me was very considerate about the understanding required behind the long winded questions that were asked. He was sure to repeat himself slowly when it was required and allowed plenty of time for thinking.
    The only problem I faced was when I was applying glassdoor didn't have much information about the company however I beleive that should have changed now.

Interview Questions

• Standard motivational questions. Why isban?, Why this grad scheme? what do you hope to achieve?   Answer Question
    • Also situational questions such as if you were in a team which required another teams work to proceed and that other team had consistent delays, How would you go about getting them to speed up upon your superiors request? (im just paraphrasing)   Answer Question

Apr 12, 2017 – Senior HR Business Partner

Many thanks for providing feedback on our Graduate Recruitment process; you can be sure that any feedback given will be collated and taken into account when we plan our campaign for next year.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ISBAN (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was first given an assessment to complete online then I was invited for an interview. The interview was good, it touched on subjects related to the area and the graduate scheme that I applied to. The interviewer was pleasant and always gave me the opportunity to answer each question to the best of my ability.

The assessment centre involved three tasks to be completed through out the day. Appropriate breaks were given between each tasks and we had a sufficient amount of time to prepare for each task specially the case study that I was given.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you when you are given a new task or assignment?   2 Answers

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ISBAN (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online through a graduate website. A recruitment agency handled the majority of the first stages, which included numerical and logical tests, then a telephone interview, Skype interview and then I moved onto the assessment day. Process was straightforward and feedback was given quickly.

Interview Questions

ISBAN Response

Apr 12, 2017 – Senior HR Business Partner

Thank you for providing feedback on our 2016 process.

General Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ISBAN.

Interview

First round was very simple - uploading of CV
    Second and third round were fine as well (telephone interview with an IT recruitment consulting agency in Milton Keynes) as well as reasoning tests..

It was after the third round that the application process became very unprofessional in my opinion. Isban has outsourced the first stages of the recruitment process (as mentioned above) and the recruitment agency is quite incompetent and rude. I was called up and informed that I had passed the third stage and that Technet would be in touch regarding a personal interview soon (fourth round). I never received a phone call or an e-mail about dates for this personal interview (I waited for about a month!!). Finally, I decided to call the recruitment agency up myself and was then given an interview slot - the recruitment agency did not feel the need to apologise for their lack of communication either.

I then drove all the way down to Milton Keynes to the Technet Office to meet someone from Isban/Santander for the one-to-one interview. The interview took place in an incredibly cold room with music being played in the background that was being listened to by the recruitment consultants in the office: overall very unprofessional. The interviewer then left the room when I had to retake the numerical reasoning test and while I was already having difficulties to concentrate (due to the background music being played in the office as well the low temperature) the office decided to turn the music up (for whatever reason) while I was taking the test. To make matters worse, the interviewer did not tell the recruiters to turn the music down.

All in all, I left the interview feeling quite bemused and disrespected - I can say with certainty that this has been the worst interview experience I have had and Isban/Santander is not a company I would personally want to work for.

ISBAN UK Business Analyst Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ISBAN (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was straight forward and the staff were friendly - having had a short internship within the company in the summer I went straight through to the assessment centre. But from what I understood from other candidates, they had numerical, verbal and non-verbal testing followed by a competency based telephone interview. The assessment day was straight forward and well managed. There were 8 of us and we had three tasks to do during the morning (One-on-one interview with a senior member of Isban, a group task and presentation in front of a different senior member of the Isban team)

Interview: Was partly competency based, technology used with Santander and any technology you're interested in and how it could help Santander.

Group Task: This was completely unrelated to banking/technology. We were given information about a fictional society and had to solve a problem. This was really to show how we could work together in a team and use one another

Presentation: You are given 40 minutes to get through a chunk of information about a new product for a fictional bank and then have to present your findings and recommendations to a senior manager. For the presentation - be confident and get through all the information as throughly as you can in the time frame. Be ready to back your findings and talk through why you made your decision. Be ready to talk about budgets and how you can alter budgets to keep the project running on time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a technology you have implemented? Tell us about a time you had a lot of tasks due in at the same time? Tell us what you know about technology used in Isban?   1 Answer