ITT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The Interview Process was thorough and they asked detailed questions. I interviewed with multiple managers in operations. The HR team was supportive and eager to help with on boarding.

Interview Questions

• They were concerned with past achievements with inventory turns.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suitland, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ITT (Suitland, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online and a day or two later got an email asking me a few questions. (What had I been doing since graduating, my Java experience, salary I would want, if I had a security clearance)

After emailing them back, they responded requesting to set up a phone interview. A week or so later I had the interview. It was with an HR rep and one of the lead Software Engineers. It mostly consisted of them asking about a few of the projects I had done in college (as that was the only experience on my resume). No technical questions other than "name some advanced data structures, what would they be used for". Overall the interview was very friendly. I thought it went fairly well but they decided to go with someone else. The job was originally directed at people with a few years experience so that may have played a part in their decision.

Interview Questions

• Can you name some data structures? What would they be used for?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT (College Station, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Included HR , Resume based and Technical questions on fluent proe and software questions u list on ur resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NOT- much

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT (White Plains, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a great phone interview. I was told by the hiring manager I'd be brought in for an in person interview the following week, but I never heard back. I followed up with the HR person that coordinated the phone interview and got no response. I completely understand if, in the end, I wasn't the right person for the job. But common courtesy would be to at least let all candidates know the position is filled by another candidate, which it ultimately was.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT.

Interview

It was hard. it wasn't easy. Lots of questions. The interview was long and crazy. It was a decent experience. The people are friendly. The job seemed hard. Not too bad.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ITT (Alexandria, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Had to provide a copy of my current paystub. The process was overly simple because Phacil was the new contracting company at the job site I was already working at. The client had dictated which contractors were to remain, so all Phacil did is look at our current paycheck. This was a very uncomfortable interview as Phacil did not necessarily want to hire me, but the client was adamant.

Negotiation

No negotiation and due to differences in benefits, ended up having to take a $5000 a year pay cut

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Interviewed twice..once with the department manager, once with the System Project Manager and the Software Task Lead.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about my experience in embedded software...real time, and GPS   Answer Question

I have an offer closer to home.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITT (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

1 interview. Asked about my previous job. Talked about what they do and what they were looking for. I told them about my experience and why i thought it would fit their company perfectly, which it did. Ended the interview on a good note.

Interview Questions

• What prior experience do you have that you believe make you qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I interviewed at ITT (Clifton, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

One day, four interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ITT (Rochester, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

individual interviews, half a day

Interview Questions

• what do you do when you don't know something?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing, was part of the same company then became an acquisition

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT.

Interview

Initial email was sent to setup interview time and date. Was on the phone with three people asking IA questions regarding security threats, vulnerability compliance and certifications.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable working in a war zone and living in a tent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just negotiated for more hours from 60 to 72.