IUCN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2018

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IUCN (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I saw the posting on an email list and applied by email as well. I was contacted for a Skype interview as I was not living in DC at the time. The interview took about an hour and was fairly balanced between me talking about myself and them talking about the position and IUCN in general.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IUCN (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a rigorous process and i was selected on the basis of my qualification and good performance during interview.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IUCN (Brussels (Belgium)) in March 2012.

Interview

Generally it was very dynamic, informal procedure, with good logic and friendly attitudes toward candidate.
    Entire process was not too long or boring, with clear timeline and minimum additional "formal" processes and procedure.
    Hiring manager was very open, honestly share all details - pros and cons of contract, possible obstacles and specific nature of consultants work.

Interview Questions

• Past experience most challenging issue and how candidate were overtake it.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IUCN in August 2012.

Interview

I received a surprise phone call. The HR person was not able to introduce himself. He was not able to indicate clearly what position he was calling me for. The interview took place on the phone. The line was terrible. I didn't any of the panel members, they did not introduce themselves properly. Most of their questions made no sense.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IUCN in June 2012.

Interview

Initial interview with Head of HR and a team member, via skype where I had to present a plan to convince a partner to participate in the programme. The Second interview was a panel interview with Head of HR, director and a team member. I brought a portfolio of work to share. Nice people.

Interview Questions

• The question was about a difficult situation at work and how to manage challenges, it was about relationship management.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IUCN in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was a very cordial one. The panel that comprised of three persons, the communication officer, one project coordinator and the program Head were very polite to me. They tried to make me comfortable, offered me water and coffee. I even forgot I was in for an interview as we had fun and laughter moments.

Interview Questions

• Why Do you think you are the best for this position.   1 Answer

SSC Network Support Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IUCN in July 2017.

Interview

Processus de postulation par le site d'emplois de la UICN, avec les termes de reference disponibles et clairement décrits. Premiere ronde entretien virtuel avec un comité de 5 membres (chefs directs, responsable de Ressources Humaines, experts internes), suivi d'une invitation pour entrevue en personne (comité de 3 membres). Processus tres professionnel et bien documenté.

Interview Questions

• How to support decision-making at the national level using IUCN Knowledge Products and the integration of the Knowledge Products mobilized by IUCN and its partners?   Answer Question