Icertis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Icertis

1. Featured Interview

Director, Enterprise Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Icertis (Chicago, IL) in September 2019.

Interview

The thing that was a good sign to me was that the interview process was very well organized, planned, and they did what they said they would do. After initial call, told me next step was to talk to hiring manager in 3 days, and that got scheduled and happened. Was told next step after that was to interview with 2 other people in my position in the next 2 days, and I heard from both of those people in the next two days. After that was to have in-person interview the next week; that got booked, flew me in, and happened as they said. Final step was to talk to CSO, and again, happened as scheduled. Whole process was very buttoned up.

Interview Questions

• Explain a complex sales process you've experienced and had success in.   Answer Question

Marketing Automation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Icertis (Seattle, WA) in February 2020.

Interview

The first step was a 30 minute call with a Recruiter, followed by a 30 min call with the hiring manager. While I did not make it to the final round panel interview, this was a very positive interview experience.

I enjoyed my conversation with the Recruiter and could tell she was very experienced. She was informative and communicated promptly. My call with the hiring manager went well - there was time to answer his questions and for me to ask some as well. At the end of the call, he respectfully provided live feedback that this role may not be the best fit for me due to my limited technical experience. Having gone through many interviews in the past, I appreciated his honesty in the moment. He encouraged me to look for new openings at Icertis as I could be a cultural fit and find something more in line with my skills and interests.

Overall, this left a very positive impression on me. I will lookout for new openings and would be open to going through the interview process again.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Icertis (Bellevue, WA) in January 2020.

Interview

An impressive piece of software with great potential, marred by a company who reeks of desperation and an inability to keep up with client demands.
    Right away I was wary when they rescheduled my interview for the evening during a snowstorm. Late, dark, and dangerous I risked my neck to get down there only to be massively disappointed. The interviewer seemed tired and unfocused, and most of the time was spent with me asking a bunch of basic questions that should have already been covered by her initial spiel. Icertis was looking for someone who would require zero training and be perfect out of the gate, hammering home the ideas of consistency and perfection with zero direction. They also displayed red flags of an inability to keep up with client demands, and refusal to adjust their expectations in-line with the amount of work needed and their general lack of manpower. An unrealistic expectation at the rate they were offering.
    I wish them luck, but without some major changes internally I don't see them succeeding on fumes alone.

Interview Questions

• They presented me with a Word .doc that was supposed to be going out to a group of execs. It looked like something someone who never used Word before threw together 5 minutes before a meeting and was in no way presentable at all.   1 Answer

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Icertis (Bellevue, WA) in August 2019.

Interview

In-person interview with the hiring manager (VP of Operations). Phone calls with several members of the technical team (Senior Architects, Engineering Manager) to discuss real-world problems and possible solutions. Final round with HR to discuss company culture and values and how might I be a good fit based on past experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you boosted your team's morale.   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources BP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Icertis (Bellevue, WA) in August 2019.

Interview

The Recruiter was very Efficient, Personable, and Informative. The process moved fast and she continued to check in with me to determine anything I needed or had questions about. I was overall very pleased with the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a time that I failed at something and how I handled that.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Icertis (Bellevue, WA) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a fun interview, great questions and conversation.Spent about an hour and a half for the back to back interviews, both panels, two managers followed by two team leads.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome objections   Answer Question

Support Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Icertis.

Interview

First interview was a 15 minute chat with a recruiter that reached out to me. Seemed very odd he didn't collect many details.

The second interview was with a manager. None of the process seemed to be well put together and the manager didn't seem like he had even seen anything about me prior to picking up the phone. Come to realize the recruiter never asked for my resume so he likely had no idea who he was talking to and he almost certainly hadn't seen anything about me prior.

Manager didn't seem interested in talking to me pretty quickly could have just cut it short.

I had to answer a few things a few times that I had already answered in previous things I said almost as if I wasn't being listened to. The more I think back the more things I realize I had to repeat.

The role that had been described to me when I was initially reached out to didn't match what I was being presented.

The manager brought up my past experience a few times as a detractor but the experience I have had more abilities than the role required.

I could go on all day. Overall not a pleasant experience.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Icertis (Seattle, WA) in February 2019.

Interview

2 phone interviews, then onsite with panel of 5 interviews. The process moved quickly as they are growing fast. I found a couple of things a little odd, mainly the quality of the team for their growth. Office location is near Microsoft but far away from anything in Seattle.

Interview Questions

• Typical for the role, how do you work with Account Executives, Product Team, Clients.   Answer Question

Interview

I initially reached out to Icertis to attempt to gain a discussion regarding the same position where the preferred location was based in the Midwest or Northeast. At that time, they were far along in the process with another candidate that they ultimately made an offer to.

Realizing that they were a company that I ultimately wanted to end up, I stayed in touch.
    After about two or three months, a position opened up on the East Coast again.
    The recruiter responded to me and we started the process of finding out if there was a mutual fit. I had two interviews; one via phone with the recruiter and one on Zoom with the hiring manager. I felt a connection immediately with both.

I was fortunate to have been provided the opportunity to fly from Atlanta to the Bellevue area for the face to face round. This consisted of around 3 hours of conversations with Icertis leadership. All conversations were based upon experience and cultural fit. I had great conversations with all.

I was looking for an organization that would not be my next job, but a home where I would be able to contribute for the next several years.

In searching for a career with an amazing company, I found it.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just insightful ones - they want to determine a fit. They do thoroughly make sure the prospective employee will contribute to the success of the organization.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Icertis (Seattle, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

First phone call is with a woman in India who hardly speaks english. A follow up interview with someone who speaks a little more english than the first. Then weeks later saying we went with someone else. The other comments on here helped me to expect this type of behavior. I also got an email from someone else there saying thank you so much for being so open during our phone call. I HAVE NEVER SPOKEN TO THIS PERSON. Very unprofessional which was expected and poor process. This company is a joke

Interview Questions

Icertis Response

Dec 18, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent interview experience with us. We value the feedback candidates provide so we can continue to strengthen in the candidate experience we strive to deliver consistently. Company culture is a high priority for Icertis. We take it seriously. It isn’t a joke to us.

Our commitment to our FORTE core values (Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork, Execution) sits at the center of our unique culture. And our commitment to respect and support each other in our efforts has been paramount in helping us create, promote and celebrate the diversity of our talent and teams at Icertis. We’re a young, global company and our growing HR team reflects the diverse Icertis family we have built over the last 9 years. We are happy to learn you were kept updated throughout the interview process and that there is always room for improvement.

As we continue to grow and hire top talent, we look for candidates who embody the core characteristics we value so highly – Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork and Execution. When feedback is shared with us by anyone - employees, customers or candidates – we see it as an opportunity to learn, grow and excel.