Icing by Claire's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.2

Third Key Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Peres, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Des Peres, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

I showed up at icing shopping with a friend and asked if they were hiring and I was immediately handed an application. The two managers on duty and I talked as I filled it out. An interview was scheduled as I was filling out the application for the next Monday (this was a Thursday). I showed up at the interview in a dress, matching necklace and earrings, and heels. Got many compliments on my outfit. Easy interview, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Was told the district manager would contact me to interview. Got an interview with the district manager for the next day. Got confirmation of hiring the next day. While process took less than a week.

Interview Questions

• What does costumer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What is a situation where you had to work with someone who you did not like   Answer Question

Third Key Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was great, I walked into store to buy some stuff for a friend of mine, and I asked if they we're hiring. An hour later they we're blowing up my cell to come in for an interview. Got the job on the spot basically.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Grandville, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and they called me the same day to set up an interview. The lady who interviewed me was extremely friendly and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. There are quite a bit of scenario type questions. If you pass the in person interview, they schedule you with an over the phone interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • How would you practice team building and how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Palmdale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy and quick interview. My first interview was with the manager. Then my second was with the assistant manager. Both of them were very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to deal with a rude customer.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and there was no employees on the floor. The Store Manager came from the back a few minutes later when I told him I was there for an interview, he responds with, "Okay, we have to wait until 3 to see if the associate shows up." (INSTANT RED FLAG) At 3:05 there was still no additional associate and he told me he was going to text her to see where she was. The associate told him that she would be there in 5 minutes but at 3:30 we started the interview on the floor between customers without an additional associate. When she finally showed up around 3:40, he made no remarks to her about being 40 minutes late for work. The interview was very unprofessional in which he proceeded to tell me all about his past work experience and also confidential numbers about the location including sales from the previous day, current LY standings and also previous pay rates.

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Erie, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I sat down with the store manager of Claire's and she went over my resume, which then was scheduled a second interview with District Manager and was offered the job on the spot after asking for it.

Interview Questions

• How can you handle stressful customer situations?   1 Answer

Third Key Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Brea, CA).

Interview

Not a hard interview at all just need to know your stuff as a manager that your able to be a team member. They also contact all of the people you use as your references. Just make sure they answer. I loved the experience i had at icing. Be prepared ,you will do all positions not just 1 specifically.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

I had three interviews. first was with the district manager. second was the regional manager. third was with the Vice President of sales. I believe all three people left the company since then, some by choice, some not. since I have a lot of experience the questions were generally not that hard for me.

Interview Questions

• how do you motivate employees?   1 Answer

Negotiation

don't remember

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's.

Interview

A few questions. Basic. How would you greet a customer? What are you strength and weaknesses in the work place? It was a one on one process that took place in the store and it was in private. The manager was extremely nice and welcoming and willing to actually listen to my answers and evaluate me as a person. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable piercing someones ears?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Westminster, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

interview was with the store manager first then I had an interview over the phone with the district manager. took about half an hour, I heard back with an offer within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• what did you learn from your previous manager?
      what is something your manager would say you need to work on?
      what do you know about icing?
      how would you coach an employee?
      Answer Question