Icing by Claire's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.2

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Lake Charles, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

I received an email setting up an interview later that day. I met with the district manager in the food court. She was very professional. We talked about the company, the job description, and I was asked questions. The questions were character questions/ questions about fashion.

Third Key Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Peres, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Des Peres, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

I showed up at icing shopping with a friend and asked if they were hiring and I was immediately handed an application. The two managers on duty and I talked as I filled it out. An interview was scheduled as I was filling out the application for the next Monday (this was a Thursday). I showed up at the interview in a dress, matching necklace and earrings, and heels. Got many compliments on my outfit. Easy interview, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Was told the district manager would contact me to interview. Got an interview with the district manager for the next day. Got confirmation of hiring the next day. While process took less than a week.

Interview Questions

• What does costumer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What is a situation where you had to work with someone who you did not like   Answer Question

Third Key Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Menlo Park, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview with store manager, then interview with district or regional manager, hiring paperwork session. You need a resume, reliable references and dressed nicely. When you are hired, you must do a background check, provide your passport or birth certificate, drivers license and be able to do direct deposit.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable doing ear piercing, engaging with the customers and being alone in the store by yourself.   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable counting money and taking the deposit to the bank?   Answer Question
    • What do you bring to the sales team to benefit this company?   Answer Question
    • Availability (do you have restrictions or flexibility)   Answer Question
    • References!! Must have reliable references.   Answer Question

Third Key Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was great, I walked into store to buy some stuff for a friend of mine, and I asked if they we're hiring. An hour later they we're blowing up my cell to come in for an interview. Got the job on the spot basically.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Grandville, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and they called me the same day to set up an interview. The lady who interviewed me was extremely friendly and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. There are quite a bit of scenario type questions. If you pass the in person interview, they schedule you with an over the phone interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • How would you practice team building and how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Palmdale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy and quick interview. My first interview was with the manager. Then my second was with the assistant manager. Both of them were very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to deal with a rude customer.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and there was no employees on the floor. The Store Manager came from the back a few minutes later when I told him I was there for an interview, he responds with, "Okay, we have to wait until 3 to see if the associate shows up." (INSTANT RED FLAG) At 3:05 there was still no additional associate and he told me he was going to text her to see where she was. The associate told him that she would be there in 5 minutes but at 3:30 we started the interview on the floor between customers without an additional associate. When she finally showed up around 3:40, he made no remarks to her about being 40 minutes late for work. The interview was very unprofessional in which he proceeded to tell me all about his past work experience and also confidential numbers about the location including sales from the previous day, current LY standings and also previous pay rates.

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Erie, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I sat down with the store manager of Claire's and she went over my resume, which then was scheduled a second interview with District Manager and was offered the job on the spot after asking for it.

Interview Questions

• How can you handle stressful customer situations?   1 Answer

Third Key Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Brea, CA).

Interview

Not a hard interview at all just need to know your stuff as a manager that your able to be a team member. They also contact all of the people you use as your references. Just make sure they answer. I loved the experience i had at icing. Be prepared ,you will do all positions not just 1 specifically.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Icing by Claire's (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

I had three interviews. first was with the district manager. second was the regional manager. third was with the Vice President of sales. I believe all three people left the company since then, some by choice, some not. since I have a lot of experience the questions were generally not that hard for me.

Interview Questions

• how do you motivate employees?   1 Answer

Negotiation

don't remember