Igloo Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Igloo Products Interview Questions

2.0

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Igloo Products.

Interview

The process was easy, I applied online, several weeks later I was asked to come in and spoke to several people. They asked about my work style, experience, how I describe myself, no curveballs, nothing too crazy and I felt it went well. I was told I should hear something by the end of the following week.

I sent a thank you note the next day, and called the Friday the following not having heard anything. The following week I sent an email asking for an update and to state my compntinued interest. There was no response to any of the after interview communication or any follow up calls. I find this to be unprofessional and I feel it says a lot about the company. I don't expect any thing after submitting an application, but after an in person interview to have a solid yes or no and not just left waiting is a matter of professional courtesy.

Blow Mold Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Igloo Products (Katy, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Very Easy had to show up do a group safety training then in the next few days take a skill test then go across the street to do a drug test

Interview Questions

• could i be at work every day,and not be late   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Igloo Products (Katy, TX).

Interview

Got a phone call. Asked to interview face to face with several people. Asked to come in again to interview with others. Everyone pretty much asked the same questions. Got phone call telling me that they were extending an offer. When hired, my office and equipment was not available. Had to pretty much set myself up.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational questions. How would you handle this situation, tell me about a time when you had to..., give me an example of when you had to make a decision that was not well received by your supervisor.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Igloo Products (Katy, TX).

Interview

Multiple interviews on different days. Final interview with COO. The igloo recruiter impressed me and I was excited to meet the rest of the interviewers. There were a couple of last minute changes in the interviewers but it didn't really make a huge difference--it worked out just fine. I was given a tour of the office and treated to lunch while I was there. They ask a lot of the same questions but each person has a different frame of reference so I needed to answer them specific to their areas of interest or work. I think they could probably shorten the interview time--I was there for four hours twice.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a specific product and what suggestions I would make to improve it. Be prepared by knowing the company and its products.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Igloo Products in July 2014.

Interview

HR has no clue which department the job belongs to!! I ended up not meeting with half the interview panel due to scheduling confusion. The recruiter did not have any clue about benefits. The hiring manager looked tired and haggard. Obviously overworked. Nothing was in place when I arrived. I arrived 10 minutes early. The receptionist could not track anyone down for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

HR dilly-dallied and never kept in touch.

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Igloo Products.

Interview

There are no real questions, the recruiter has no idea what to ask

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long time ago when we had a different management and they seemed to care

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Igloo Products (Katy, TX).

Interview

Very simplistic interview, I would have liked to see more in depth questions, the interview was based more on personality. It worked out for me, but probably not for everyone. They have a very simple idea of what they need, but then instantly expect more of you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given what I asked for, wish I would have gone a little higher. Ask for a little more than you think, it is tough to go up once you are there.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Igloo Products (Katy, TX).

Interview

My experience interviewing at Igloo was phenomenal. My initial contact was made by their recruiter, who found me when I was not even on the job market. I followed instructions by filling out an application on the website. Within a day or so, I got a follow up call to schedule an interview.
    The interview went very well - all of my questions were answered and I felt like a good fit for the team.
    I received a response within a week and I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• I was a little stumped when they flat out asked me, "why should we hire you?" I never know how to answer that question...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer verbally and through email about a week after my interview - I accepted and put in my 2 weeks notice. They were very flexible on my start date.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Igloo Products in April 2013.

Interview

I applied on-line via the company website. I received a phone call from an in-company recruiter. After a few questions, she thanked me and told me they would be in touch. I received a standard rejection e-mail.

About a week later, I received an email stating they wanted me to interview. I asked about the rejection email and was told "Somebody screwed up". It was from her email!

I then got a phone call from this recruiter. She was very nice but clueless about the company and couldn't answer my questions. She then scheduled a phone interview with the VP I would report to.

Interview time came and passed. I waited 15 minutes and contacted the recruiter. She said she would contact him. During this call, the VP called. He stated he forgot about our interview and wanted to still do the interview now. I agreed and he asked very basic questions. Nothing about my qualifications. He did not have my resume available and basically wanted to know what I knew about Igloo products. I told him what I knew (after reviewing their website) and he said "Ok, we're done. I have another phone interview I don't want to be late for. I do have more questions for you. Can I call you later?" I said yes and we set a time for that evening. He never called back.

I contacted the recruiter a few days later and said she had no idea of my status in the process. I decided then to not pursue this opportunity due to the poor communication and basic interview ineptness.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Igloo Products (Katy, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

This place is a joke!
    I drove 3 hrs because it was quicker than flying to Houston and driving 45 minutes to the plant. Saved them a buttload...because the interview was quick. Arrived and the HR assistant gave me my reimbursement form and I waiited. It didn't take long for the interviewer to show up. The interview process: generally fine, pretty easy. A couple of interviewers actually hinted against the job.

Wrapped up the interview and went home, realized they didn't pay mileage! Had no gas receipts. Emailed the HR assistant. Got no answer. Sent emails to the Igloo HR recruiter...again no answer. Two weeks later the HR assistant called back and emailed me that they wanted me to come back for another interview and by the way, the HR assistant was leaving the company so she gave me an alternative email address. I politely declined the position that night. Sent an email to the new address to get an answer on my reimbursement. Got no response. Sent another after one month still no response. Probably will never get reimbursed. Now I drive by the place on my way to my new job, thankful I didn't take the position.

Attitudes of the employees. I think several in quality had the right ideas but generally the place was broken. The place was a mess. When you walk through a warehouse and there are returns just strewn all about....and they didn't want me to see the molding area....it kind of gives you food for thought.