Illuminate Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Illuminate Education

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Irvine, CA).

Interview

A great first impression, then you see this organization's true colors.

Submitted resume on a Friday, received an email the following week to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was standard and lasted about 15 minutes.

Then had a Skype interview with the head of the team I'd be working on. Immediately after, I was notified that they'd like to bring me in for an in-person interview. Up until this point, communication was swift and I was very appreciative!

I was asked to complete a personality assessment. Then, they sent over some pre-interview "homework." I was asked to put together a 20-minute presentation. I spent the entire weekend working on this.

Came to the office and immediately began the presentation. Subsequently grilled by a team of managers on my methodology, conclusions, etc. I respect that they are trying to be thorough but it felt excessive, like I was interviewing at Facebook or Google. By the way, this was for an entry level position.

After the presentation, several days go by and the recruiter tells me it's a no, but they'd like to consider me for another position. I come to the office AGAIN and meet one on one with the head of that team for an hour.

Radio silence. Two months later, after emailing back and forth, I'm finally told that the position is no longer available due to "budget cuts." What a lame excuse.

To be clear, I'm not upset that I wasn't hired. Although their interview process was indeed more grueling than I thought it needed to be, I think it was fair.

My issue is with the run-around and excuses I got after they decided I was no longer a viable candidate. I invested a lot of time into the process, and just wanted to be treated with respect.

My sense is that this company hooks people with talk about their "amazing culture" and the ability to wear flip flops to work. But once you look past the shiny objects, you realize they're just another corporation that doesn't give two you-know-whats about employees, job candidates, or customers.

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen. Onsite panel interview. Online personality test, and demo of phone and email service responses. Fairly lengthy training period to specific software group. Only at panel interview stage, but think decision occurs shortly there after. People Rave about corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• What kind of positions are you looking for?   2 Answers
    • Are you willing to relocate?   2 Answers
    • What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about working in a team flat environment?   Answer Question
    • Which type of work environment is rewarding for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yet to be determined but feel they are flexible.

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Illuminate Education in June 2015.

Interview

Small interview with 3 other people from the company. 2 of those people come from the team you will be working with on a daily basis. The other person came from a different area of the organization. The second phase of the interview was answering a fake support call and walking a user through how to make a sandwich. The third part is a written response to a support ticket.

Interview Questions

• Recalling all of the steps in making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when on the surface this seems like a very simple task.   2 Answers

Illuminator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Irvine, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was intimidating and engaging. It was an effective filter to ensure that the right illuminators were making it through the system. There was very little information about my position at the time, so it was hard to "prep" for the interview.

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Irvine, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Very well organized, maximized my time spent, and made me feel very comfortable. Started with a phone screen and then was brought on-site for a 1:1 and small group session.

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There were several rounds of interviews. They structured the process to see if you could guide somebody through how to do something. I was asked to explain how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich step by step.

CTO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Very good Interviews with CFO,CPO, cEO, engineering managers.
    CFO was very knowledgeable about the business, the finance and exit strategy
    CPO was outstanding in understanding the markets and strategy
    CEO had the right attitude and realistic approach to make the company successful

Interview Questions

• What Was you current Rome
      Challenges and transformations   Answer Question