Illuminate Education Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 14 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Illuminate Education

Illuminate Education

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illuminate Education in Apr 2021

Interview

1st interview with recruiter went great! She made me feel at ease and was great to talk too. I thought 2nd interview went well but, I got an email a week later that they were going another way. I was really disappointed because hiring manager seemed to love my ideas, even wrote some down.

Interview Questions
  • Why should we choose you?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Panel interview with team lead and two directors. Very relaxed and fun. Great interview questions. Really wanted to get to know my personality and experience. Pretty standard straightforward interview questions. Did do a mock phone call that was actually a lot of fun.

Interview Questions
  • Strengths and weaknesses. How you handled a difficult customer interaction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Chicago, IL) in Aug 2020

Interview

Applied online and got an email and phone call to schedule an interview slot time. I interviewed directly with Dr. Brown via Google. She was very pleasant, firendly, and engaged with me.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with leading professional development?
  • What is your experience with writing curriculum?
  • Tell me about yourself

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Irvine, CA)

Interview

Very good Interviews with CFO,CPO, cEO, engineering managers. CFO was very knowledgeable about the business, the finance and exit strategy CPO was outstanding in understanding the markets and strategy CEO had the right attitude and realistic approach to make the company successful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Irvine, CA) in Aug 2019

Interview

Applied on-line to a role where my skillset and experience were somewhat greater than the role required. Initially, I was concerned about the negative Glassdoor reviews referencing the significant layoffs that occurred post merger, but thought I would explore the company first hand if selected for interviews. My first phone screen with the recruiter went smoothly as did the next with the hiring manager. I was asked to do a case study and from what I was told, nailed it. After these two screens, I came in for a 1:1 with a key individual that also went well. At this point, the experience went really downhill. A number of scheduling mixups for in-person interviews occurred along with last minute additions to the interviewer list. Disrespectful to say the least. In addition, with the exception of one individual, it felt like simple meet and greet interviews which in reality, did not need to happen. The lone interviewer who posed actual questions, was one of those people who throw out questions that had numerous potential answers (which would then be disagreed with) or would ask long-winded, roundabout questions with a varying tone that made it very difficult to determine what was being asked. Generally, a disappointing process where after the first few interviews I felt I was on the short-list of candidates to the last few where I found myself doubting whether I would accept a role if offered one. This doubt was more than likely reinforced by the disorganized environment, lax processes for greeting candidates and generally, the very empty space within the premises. From an overall perspective and although they appear to have a ton of competition with much larger organizations, the product and objective seems sound. Unfortunately, it appears the negative Glassdoor reviews are accurate. Perhaps once they get their act together and become a sound company, it may be an organization worth joining.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Irvine, CA)

Interview

A great first impression, then you see this organization's true colors. Submitted resume on a Friday, received an email the following week to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was standard and lasted about 15 minutes. Then had a Skype interview with the head of the team I'd be working on. Immediately after, I was notified that they'd like to bring me in for an in-person interview. Up until this point, communication was swift and I was very appreciative! I was asked to complete a personality assessment. Then, they sent over some pre-interview "homework." I was asked to put together a 20-minute presentation. I spent the entire weekend working on this. Came to the office and immediately began the presentation. Subsequently grilled by a team of managers on my methodology, conclusions, etc. I respect that they are trying to be thorough but it felt excessive, like I was interviewing at Facebook or Google. By the way, this was for an entry level position. After the presentation, several days go by and the recruiter tells me it's a no, but they'd like to consider me for another position. I come to the office AGAIN and meet one on one with the head of that team for an hour. Radio silence. Two months later, after emailing back and forth, I'm finally told that the position is no longer available due to "budget cuts." What a lame excuse. To be clear, I'm not upset that I wasn't hired. Although their interview process was indeed more grueling than I thought it needed to be, I think it was fair. My issue is with the run-around and excuses I got after they decided I was no longer a viable candidate. I invested a lot of time into the process, and just wanted to be treated with respect. My sense is that this company hooks people with talk about their "amazing culture" and the ability to wear flip flops to work. But once you look past the shiny objects, you realize they're just another corporation that doesn't give two you-know-whats about employees, job candidates, or customers.

Interview Questions
10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Bangalore) in May 2019

Interview

It was 1 face to face round. one coding round (1 program in online editor). One telephonic discussion with the onsite manager.After clearing all this ,Final discussion round with the director related to ctc,Doj

Interview Questions
  • annotations used in the current projects, reverse a string , palindrome, questions related to static methods/members, overloading,overriding of static methods, Permutation of the given String .

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Irvine, CA) in May 2019

Interview

Very well organized, maximized my time spent, and made me feel very comfortable. Started with a phone screen and then was brought on-site for a 1:1 and small group session.

Interview Questions
  • What would your short term goals for this position?

Illuminate Education

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illuminate Education in Feb 2019

Interview

Very straight forward and standard. Nice process overall. Friendly panel to talk with. Very connect team. Process was compete within a week. Great follow up support was provided. A lot of transparency was provided. A great learning experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illuminate Education (Bangalore)

Interview

There were 4 rounds. 1. Telephonic interview : purely technical, it was of an average difficulty. 2. Face to face technical : basically they had asked about the current project and whether I have good knowledge on whatever I had worked on. 3. Lead technical : This was quite unexpected. They had called for a meeting with HR, and an impromptu technical interview happened, it was not an easy one. 4. HR discussion and meeting with MD. Interview process was good.

Interview Questions
  • No questions were so much difficult.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews