Imgur Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

This interview process was exactly what I think interviews should be. At all stages I was asked questions and asked to solve problems that we relevant to my experience and to the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to design an API endpoint and corresponding back end processes for a real life use case of Imgur applications.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process from the initial phone conversation to the final interview was about under a month - pretty quick & smooth for a sales role. The internal recruiter stayed in contact throughout the process and shared feedback along the way. The process was pretty standard: two phone screens (recruiter and hiring manager) & onsite mock pitch followed by 1:1 interviews with the team. Final round was a chat with the head of sales and CEO. The team there was pretty cool. Smart, friendly, all seemed like they got along and liked being there. Ultimately turned down the offer since the commute was too far.

Pros: Dog friendly office, awesome location, laid back culture
    Cons: Longer walk from BART than I'd like

Interview Questions

• Examples of ways you've handled a disgruntled client & typical sales questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through the website in May. The recruiter reached out about a week later and was really pleasant and sold the company well. I had an interview with the Manager over skype and then I had to do an Imgur assignment. Turn around was quick to onsite where I met with 3 people onsite and 2 ppl on skype because they were in Los Angeles. I really enjoyed everyone I met and I liked the office space in downtown San Francisco. I was quite nervous so I did just ok. The recruiter gave me feedback 2 days later to let me know I didn't make it. He was so nice about it and explained why I didn't pass. I didn't have enough of the skills they needed for the role. We both decided we would keep in touch because they may open more roles next year. The process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to meet a customer's needs?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur in April 2017.

Interview

The worst experience I have ever had which reflects badly on the HR team and the company. Key issues:

1. Prolonged process: The entire process took 2.5 months!
    2. The HR person who was coordinating my interview process would often schedule a meeting and not show up. This did not happen just once or twice but several times. While I understand that plans change and things come up, but setting up a meeting, not showing up and later sending an email saying they could not make it because of some reason or other only showed me how little they respected my time. A heads up before the meeting would have saved me a lot of time that I invested in first taking out the time to interview and before that preparing for the interview - only for it not to happen. It became extremely unprofessional at one point in time.
    3. After the first two rounds they kept asking me for more and more information related to my experience, unsure themselves of what the job description and responsibilities should entail. I then concluded that they had not put enough thought on the job description and the skill set they were looking for when they put the job description out.
    4. I had to follow up several times to find out whether the conversation was moving forward or not.

Overall, terrible experience. Either the HR team does not value candidates or the company does not. Either way, I would advise the company to evaluate their HR process and the manner in which candidates are on-boarded. Absolutely no respect for candidates or their time.

Interview Questions

Imgur Response

Aug 1, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thank you so much for the review. Let me first apologize on behalf of the entire company that you had a negative experience. Your experience is unacceptable and I'm personally digging in more to see... More

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Imgur in March 2017.

Interview

Imgur's interview process was definitely very thorough. This is not a one or two and done process. It's important that they sift through the many applicants ensure the absolute best, talent as well as making certain the person is also the right cultural fit. Expect phone screenings, in-person interviews, video chat interviews and a final presentation at HQ to a group of ~10 people. The caliber of talent at Imgur is exceptionally high, so they make sure to take their time.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging part of the process was probably presenting Imgur to the folks at Imgur, but everyone is very nice and if you make it that far you'd better do your homework and brush up on your presentation creation skills.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was seamless from the get go. I was contacted by the recruiter via LinkedIn. Honestly speaking I wasn't aware of Imgur before speaking to him. My initial conversation with him ignited this spark to learn more about the product and the company. I was intrigued and motivated to move forward with the process. The turnaround time from recruiter call to phone screen with hiring manager was very quick. It took maybe a week to two weeks. The recruiter was super helpful and informative. He was easily accessible via email/phone to answer all my questions and concerns.

The phone screen was technical and we discussed my prior experience and dived into some Android topics.
    When I came in for my onsite, I loved the energy around the office. All the interviewers were friendly and approachable which put me at ease. The technical rounds were challenging and I enjoyed my discussions with everyone on the panel. This is one of the only onsite interviews where I wasn't freaking out or a nervous wreck afterwards. I felt I was able to get to know the panel technically and personally, which doesn't always happen. I didn't feel like I had to make efforts to fit in.

The final step in the process was to meet with the CEO. I walked in very nervous but it turned out to be a pleasant experience. Alan is not only passionate about the product he's built but is also a very involved and experienced engineer, which made my conversation very exciting. After meeting with him and the other team, I had a fair idea of how the company culture would be and hoped to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Android layouts and UI questions.   1 Answer

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application and was set up with a phone interview with the VP of Talent. After that call, I had the opportunity to meet with the VP of Sales who was hiring for the role. Next step I had four video conferences with various leads from different departments of the organization. Lastly, had to present to the executive team followed by a series of in person one on ones.

Interview Questions

• What is your six month game plan if you were to start immediately?   Answer Question

Mar 27, 2017 – VP, Talent

We are so glad you went through process with us and that you accepted. Welcome to the team!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imgur (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Prescreen with recruiter, video interview with hiring manager, 6 in-person interview. Jason and Sara in HR were so accommodating throughout the entire process and a pleasure to deal with. The entire experience was very enjoyable (as far as interviews go).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience and how that would lend well to this role   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was extremely straight-forward and streamlined. The recruiter reached out to me by email within a day of me applying. In just a few days, I already had a call with the hiring manager. Then a couple days later, they had me come in for the in-person interview. The in-person interview was awesome because the team was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They gave me a transparent overview of the full interview process for the day, including the timeframes and also had lunch ready in the office. I messed up on a couple questions because I completely blanked on the name of a couple concepts. But overall, I felt like I was treated with a lot of respect and even learned a lot about how the company handles their data at their scale. The recruiter made sure I had everything I needed throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• List and describe the different types of joins   Answer Question
    • List and describe the key metrics you would track if you made a BI dashboard for Imgur.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Conversation with the recruiter (culture fit)
    2. Technical phone screen
    3. Onsite (a series of 5 interviews)
    4. Followup call with Director of engineering

I'd say overall the process was great. Everyone was passionate about their work and quite nice. The recruitment team was on point and extremely welcoming throughout everything. Ultimately, they were looking for someone with a bit more experience, but I was treated with respect throughout the whole process. I would definitely interview here again, and really enjoyed everything (despite moving in different directions).

Jan 3, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thanks so much for the review! We love staying connected to great talent and hope we can make something happen in the future. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience.