Imgur Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

This interview process was exactly what I think interviews should be. At all stages I was asked questions and asked to solve problems that we relevant to my experience and to the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to design an API endpoint and corresponding back end processes for a real life use case of Imgur applications.   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thanks so much for this review! I'm glad you had a great experience. Welcome to the team!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Imgur.

Interview

My entire experience with the Imgur interview process was awesome! The process was extremely thorough and fair, and the recruiter was really great about explaining the process and keeping me informed. It consisted of a recruiter phone screen, several phone interviews (including a face-to-face hangout), and an in-person round of interviews with 4-5 members of the team. Everyone was very friendly and responsive throughout the entire process, and they really took the time to get to know me. I was alerted that I had received the job and started three weeks ago! All in all, I really enjoyed the interview process at Imgur.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with a very difficult client?   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Welcome to the team and thanks so much for leaving us a review! We're glad you had a great experience.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Imgur in August 2017.

Interview

Total time: 7 weeks from online application to accepting the offer
    Applied both online, and also through an employee that I know working there

- Recruiter phone screen
    - Coffee chat with hiring manager and recruiter
    - In-person interviews with 6 people (engineering, product, design), onsite lunch with 3 people, debrief with recruiter
    - Final interview with CEO who was on vacation when I previously interviewed (could have done it via a google hangout but I chose to come back into the office)
    - Verbal offer from Imgur the next day
    - Formal offer from Imgur the day after

Overall the experience was a very welcoming, positive one. There was a bit of a delay at the start getting the first phone screen scheduled but things were smooth after that. John the recruiter was friendly, enthusiastic and supportive throughout the experience. The coffee chat with the hiring manager and recruiter was a new step for me, but it allowed us to explore different ideas in a much more casual setting than the artificial interview room situation so I felt like I got a good sense that there was a mindset and chemistry match.

I got a strong sense of the corporate culture when I walked into the office - totally funky, pop culture office space, very informal and warm. Lots of couch/hang-out areas and several office dogs (yay!). There's photos online - google it.

This is the first Technical Program Manager role for Imgur so the interviewers were very curious about what I could bring to the table and shared their challenges for feedback on how I might be able to help. It felt like an interesting exploration and exchange of ideas.

I had a competing offer the day before I got the Imgur offer but the choice wasn't too hard -- I took Imgur. So far, so good!

Interview Questions

• Questions about how an engineering team is currently operating and working with other disciplines and stakeholders, and how I might help improve the process.   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thank you so much for this honest and transparent review. With a new role like this we definitely took our time, but I think you've called out some things that we could definitely revisit. Welcome to... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process from the initial phone conversation to the final interview was about under a month - pretty quick & smooth for a sales role. The internal recruiter stayed in contact throughout the process and shared feedback along the way. The process was pretty standard: two phone screens (recruiter and hiring manager) & onsite mock pitch followed by 1:1 interviews with the team. Final round was a chat with the head of sales and CEO. The team there was pretty cool. Smart, friendly, all seemed like they got along and liked being there. Ultimately turned down the offer since the commute was too far.

Pros: Dog friendly office, awesome location, laid back culture
    Cons: Longer walk from BART than I'd like

Interview Questions

• Examples of ways you've handled a disgruntled client & typical sales questions   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It's really helpful for us and we hope you'll continue to be a fan of Imgur. Let us know if you move closer to the city!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through the website in May. The recruiter reached out about a week later and was really pleasant and sold the company well. I had an interview with the Manager over skype and then I had to do an Imgur assignment. Turn around was quick to onsite where I met with 3 people onsite and 2 ppl on skype because they were in Los Angeles. I really enjoyed everyone I met and I liked the office space in downtown San Francisco. I was quite nervous so I did just ok. The recruiter gave me feedback 2 days later to let me know I didn't make it. He was so nice about it and explained why I didn't pass. I didn't have enough of the skills they needed for the role. We both decided we would keep in touch because they may open more roles next year. The process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to meet a customer's needs?   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thank you so much for your continued interest in Imgur. I'm so glad you had a positive experience. Please keep an eye out for future roles. We'd love to have you back!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur in April 2017.

Interview

The worst experience I have ever had which reflects badly on the HR team and the company. Key issues:

1. Prolonged process: The entire process took 2.5 months!
    2. The HR person who was coordinating my interview process would often schedule a meeting and not show up. This did not happen just once or twice but several times. While I understand that plans change and things come up, but setting up a meeting, not showing up and later sending an email saying they could not make it because of some reason or other only showed me how little they respected my time. A heads up before the meeting would have saved me a lot of time that I invested in first taking out the time to interview and before that preparing for the interview - only for it not to happen. It became extremely unprofessional at one point in time.
    3. After the first two rounds they kept asking me for more and more information related to my experience, unsure themselves of what the job description and responsibilities should entail. I then concluded that they had not put enough thought on the job description and the skill set they were looking for when they put the job description out.
    4. I had to follow up several times to find out whether the conversation was moving forward or not.

Overall, terrible experience. Either the HR team does not value candidates or the company does not. Either way, I would advise the company to evaluate their HR process and the manner in which candidates are on-boarded. Absolutely no respect for candidates or their time.

Interview Questions

Imgur Response

Aug 1, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thank you so much for the review. Let me first apologize on behalf of the entire company that you had a negative experience. Your experience is unacceptable and I'm personally digging in more to see... More

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Imgur in March 2017.

Interview

Imgur's interview process was definitely very thorough. This is not a one or two and done process. It's important that they sift through the many applicants ensure the absolute best, talent as well as making certain the person is also the right cultural fit. Expect phone screenings, in-person interviews, video chat interviews and a final presentation at HQ to a group of ~10 people. The caliber of talent at Imgur is exceptionally high, so they make sure to take their time.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging part of the process was probably presenting Imgur to the folks at Imgur, but everyone is very nice and if you make it that far you'd better do your homework and brush up on your presentation creation skills.   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thank you for this review. I'm glad you had a great experience. Welcome to Imgur!

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was seamless from the get go. I was contacted by the recruiter via LinkedIn. Honestly speaking I wasn't aware of Imgur before speaking to him. My initial conversation with him ignited this spark to learn more about the product and the company. I was intrigued and motivated to move forward with the process. The turnaround time from recruiter call to phone screen with hiring manager was very quick. It took maybe a week to two weeks. The recruiter was super helpful and informative. He was easily accessible via email/phone to answer all my questions and concerns.

The phone screen was technical and we discussed my prior experience and dived into some Android topics.
    When I came in for my onsite, I loved the energy around the office. All the interviewers were friendly and approachable which put me at ease. The technical rounds were challenging and I enjoyed my discussions with everyone on the panel. This is one of the only onsite interviews where I wasn't freaking out or a nervous wreck afterwards. I felt I was able to get to know the panel technically and personally, which doesn't always happen. I didn't feel like I had to make efforts to fit in.

The final step in the process was to meet with the CEO. I walked in very nervous but it turned out to be a pleasant experience. Alan is not only passionate about the product he's built but is also a very involved and experienced engineer, which made my conversation very exciting. After meeting with him and the other team, I had a fair idea of how the company culture would be and hoped to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Android layouts and UI questions.   1 Answer

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thanks so much for leaving a review. We hope to cross paths again!

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application and was set up with a phone interview with the VP of Talent. After that call, I had the opportunity to meet with the VP of Sales who was hiring for the role. Next step I had four video conferences with various leads from different departments of the organization. Lastly, had to present to the executive team followed by a series of in person one on ones.

Interview Questions

• What is your six month game plan if you were to start immediately?   Answer Question

Mar 27, 2017 – VP, Talent

We are so glad you went through process with us and that you accepted. Welcome to the team!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imgur (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Prescreen with recruiter, video interview with hiring manager, 6 in-person interview. Jason and Sara in HR were so accommodating throughout the entire process and a pleasure to deal with. The entire experience was very enjoyable (as far as interviews go).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience and how that would lend well to this role   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

We really appreciate this review! I'm glad you had an enjoyable experience.