Imgur Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

This interview process was exactly what I think interviews should be. At all stages I was asked questions and asked to solve problems that we relevant to my experience and to the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to design an API endpoint and corresponding back end processes for a real life use case of Imgur applications.   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thanks so much for this review! I'm glad you had a great experience. Welcome to the team!

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was organized, informative, and enjoyable. From my initial phone call with the recruiter, I knew what to expect of the process and the timeline in which it was to unfold. The recruiter and the team did a great job of regularly communicating with me via email and phone.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you describe your work style?   1 Answer
    • Q: Tell me about a time in your career that was difficult. Rewarding?   1 Answer
    • Q: What are some of your interests?   2 Answers

Jan 3, 2017 – VP, Talent

I'm glad we were able to offer a great experience for you. Welcome to the team!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process from the initial phone conversation to the final interview was about under a month - pretty quick & smooth for a sales role. The internal recruiter stayed in contact throughout the process and shared feedback along the way. The process was pretty standard: two phone screens (recruiter and hiring manager) & onsite mock pitch followed by 1:1 interviews with the team. Final round was a chat with the head of sales and CEO. The team there was pretty cool. Smart, friendly, all seemed like they got along and liked being there. Ultimately turned down the offer since the commute was too far.

Pros: Dog friendly office, awesome location, laid back culture
    Cons: Longer walk from BART than I'd like

Interview Questions

• Examples of ways you've handled a disgruntled client & typical sales questions   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It's really helpful for us and we hope you'll continue to be a fan of Imgur. Let us know if you move closer to the city!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur in April 2017.

Interview

The worst experience I have ever had which reflects badly on the HR team and the company. Key issues:

1. Prolonged process: The entire process took 2.5 months!
    2. The HR person who was coordinating my interview process would often schedule a meeting and not show up. This did not happen just once or twice but several times. While I understand that plans change and things come up, but setting up a meeting, not showing up and later sending an email saying they could not make it because of some reason or other only showed me how little they respected my time. A heads up before the meeting would have saved me a lot of time that I invested in first taking out the time to interview and before that preparing for the interview - only for it not to happen. It became extremely unprofessional at one point in time.
    3. After the first two rounds they kept asking me for more and more information related to my experience, unsure themselves of what the job description and responsibilities should entail. I then concluded that they had not put enough thought on the job description and the skill set they were looking for when they put the job description out.
    4. I had to follow up several times to find out whether the conversation was moving forward or not.

Overall, terrible experience. Either the HR team does not value candidates or the company does not. Either way, I would advise the company to evaluate their HR process and the manner in which candidates are on-boarded. Absolutely no respect for candidates or their time.

Interview Questions

Imgur Response

Aug 1, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thank you so much for the review. Let me first apologize on behalf of the entire company that you had a negative experience. Your experience is unacceptable and I'm personally digging in more to see... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Imgur.

Interview

My entire experience with the Imgur interview process was awesome! The process was extremely thorough and fair, and the recruiter was really great about explaining the process and keeping me informed. It consisted of a recruiter phone screen, several phone interviews (including a face-to-face hangout), and an in-person round of interviews with 4-5 members of the team. Everyone was very friendly and responsive throughout the entire process, and they really took the time to get to know me. I was alerted that I had received the job and started three weeks ago! All in all, I really enjoyed the interview process at Imgur.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with a very difficult client?   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Welcome to the team and thanks so much for leaving us a review! We're glad you had a great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through the website in May. The recruiter reached out about a week later and was really pleasant and sold the company well. I had an interview with the Manager over skype and then I had to do an Imgur assignment. Turn around was quick to onsite where I met with 3 people onsite and 2 ppl on skype because they were in Los Angeles. I really enjoyed everyone I met and I liked the office space in downtown San Francisco. I was quite nervous so I did just ok. The recruiter gave me feedback 2 days later to let me know I didn't make it. He was so nice about it and explained why I didn't pass. I didn't have enough of the skills they needed for the role. We both decided we would keep in touch because they may open more roles next year. The process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to meet a customer's needs?   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thank you so much for your continued interest in Imgur. I'm so glad you had a positive experience. Please keep an eye out for future roles. We'd love to have you back!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imgur (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Prescreen with recruiter, video interview with hiring manager, 6 in-person interview. Jason and Sara in HR were so accommodating throughout the entire process and a pleasure to deal with. The entire experience was very enjoyable (as far as interviews go).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience and how that would lend well to this role   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

We really appreciate this review! I'm glad you had an enjoyable experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Conversation with the recruiter (culture fit)
    2. Technical phone screen
    3. Onsite (a series of 5 interviews)
    4. Followup call with Director of engineering

I'd say overall the process was great. Everyone was passionate about their work and quite nice. The recruitment team was on point and extremely welcoming throughout everything. Ultimately, they were looking for someone with a bit more experience, but I was treated with respect throughout the whole process. I would definitely interview here again, and really enjoyed everything (despite moving in different directions).

Jan 3, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thanks so much for the review! We love staying connected to great talent and hope we can make something happen in the future. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience.

Sales Director Interview

Application

Interview

Several video interviews with leaders in most departments (sales, creative, account management, finance) the CEO and COO. Eventually I had to make a mock pitch in front of the team. Everyone asked very thoughtful questions that required specific examples of my work history. They also asked how I worked with other team members to ensure I fit with the Imgur culture.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide an example of an advertising campaign you sold that required creating custom branded content?
      How do you manage the client's goals but make sure the advertising campaign ads value to the user experience?   Answer Question

Jan 3, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thanks for sharing. Welcome to Imgur!

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process with Imgur was organized, fair, and enjoyable.

The recruiter reached out, and we connected over the phone. A few days later I was introduce to the hiring manager over google hangouts for a conversation about my experience, the company, and the industry at large.

When that went well, Imgur arranged four back-to-back Google Hangouts (30 Minutes each) with representatives from their finance, creative, account management, and marketing teams. F

rom there, I was flown out to the HQ in San Francisco to do a mock pitch of Imgur to the their leadership team, followed by four more 30-minute in-person interviews, and lunch with the team! They saw me off with a nice gift bag (t-shirt, stickers).

A few days later, they shared feedback and scheduled on final 30-minuted Google Hangout with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Imagine yourself 10 years from now talking to your current self in 2016. What would future-you say to you in 2016?   Answer Question

Jan 3, 2017 – VP, Talent

Welcome to the team and thanks for the feedback!