Imgur Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 30 interviews

Sales Engineer

158 Comments

Join the conversation on

Imgur

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Imgur in Apr 2019

Interview

I was sent an email about the mod program going from volunteer to paid remotely. I kept emailing the manager every month to show interest in the position. As I was a volunteer moderator once, there was no interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2019

Interview

The process took roughly 2 weeks, with the initial contact from the recruiter, a video conference with the DevOps manager, then an in person interview again with the DevOps manager as well as several other team leads. It was hands down the friendliest and most comfortable interview process I have participated in. Note: Glass Door doesn't allow me to not select an answer to "Did you get an offer?" So, I had to select "no" despite the fact that I wouldn't expect them to make an offer immediately, and they certainly aren't going to be making an offer over the weekend. I am optimistic that they will make an offer, and I will happily accept if they do.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to to participate in several thought experiments. They were cleverly designed for you to showcase your skillset.
    2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2018

Interview

The first step was with the recruiter to get to know each other and talk through skills and experience. The conversation was a lot of fun and productive. After, I went in to interview with several people from different cross-teams: Sales, Creative, as well as the AM team I'd be working with. Everyone was super nice and very easy to talk to. I was kept in the loop about when internal conversations were taking place and what next steps would be. I've found that a lot of companies will go silent on you while you're left waiting confused and anxious about what is going on - it was not like that during this process at all, so I was very impressed.

Interview Questions
  • Some questions I was asked: - What would your last manager say is something you need to improve upon - What would you do if a client kept coming back with revision requests? How would you handle this? - Tell me about a time you learned something from a client or campaign that helped you in the future.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2018

Interview

3 round interview, spread out over about a month. Everyone I met was amazing and I really connected with the people here. Great overall experience and I would recommend to anyone!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2017

Interview

Thorough interview process to make sure they bring in the right candidate. Great communication with quick turnaround times. They are also very transparent and don't BS you. Process went like this: phone screen with recruiter --> phone screen with hiring manager --> on site to meet with 4-5 team members you'd work with --> final round to present assignment and then meeting broader team.

Interview Questions
  • Prepare a 30/60/90 plan to the team for your follow-up interview

Imgur

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Imgur

Interview

My entire experience with the Imgur interview process was awesome! The process was extremely thorough and fair, and the recruiter was really great about explaining the process and keeping me informed. It consisted of a recruiter phone screen, several phone interviews (including a face-to-face hangout), and an in-person round of interviews with 4-5 members of the team. Everyone was very friendly and responsive throughout the entire process, and they really took the time to get to know me. I was alerted that I had received the job and started three weeks ago! All in all, I really enjoyed the interview process at Imgur.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Imgur

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Imgur in Aug 2017

Interview

Total time: 7 weeks from online application to accepting the offer Applied both online, and also through an employee that I know working there - Recruiter phone screen - Coffee chat with hiring manager and recruiter - In-person interviews with 6 people (engineering, product, design), onsite lunch with 3 people, debrief with recruiter - Final interview with CEO who was on vacation when I previously interviewed (could have done it via a google hangout but I chose to come back into the office) - Verbal offer from Imgur the next day - Formal offer from Imgur the day after Overall the experience was a very welcoming, positive one. There was a bit of a delay at the start getting the first phone screen scheduled but things were smooth after that. John the recruiter was friendly, enthusiastic and supportive throughout the experience. The coffee chat with the hiring manager and recruiter was a new step for me, but it allowed us to explore different ideas in a much more casual setting than the artificial interview room situation so I felt like I got a good sense that there was a mindset and chemistry match. I got a strong sense of the corporate culture when I walked into the office - totally funky, pop culture office space, very informal and warm. Lots of couch/hang-out areas and several office dogs (yay!). There's photos online - google it. This is the first Technical Program Manager role for Imgur so the interviewers were very curious about what I could bring to the table and shared their challenges for feedback on how I might be able to help. It felt like an interesting exploration and exchange of ideas. I had a competing offer the day before I got the Imgur offer but the choice wasn't too hard -- I took Imgur. So far, so good!

Interview Questions
  • Questions about how an engineering team is currently operating and working with other disciplines and stakeholders, and how I might help improve the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2017

Interview

The process from the initial phone conversation to the final interview was about under a month - pretty quick & smooth for a sales role. The internal recruiter stayed in contact throughout the process and shared feedback along the way. The process was pretty standard: two phone screens (recruiter and hiring manager) & onsite mock pitch followed by 1:1 interviews with the team. Final round was a chat with the head of sales and CEO. The team there was pretty cool. Smart, friendly, all seemed like they got along and liked being there. Ultimately turned down the offer since the commute was too far. Pros: Dog friendly office, awesome location, laid back culture Cons: Longer walk from BART than I'd like

Interview Questions
  • Examples of ways you've handled a disgruntled client & typical sales questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017

Interview

I applied through the website in May. The recruiter reached out about a week later and was really pleasant and sold the company well. I had an interview with the Manager over skype and then I had to do an Imgur assignment. Turn around was quick to onsite where I met with 3 people onsite and 2 ppl on skype because they were in Los Angeles. I really enjoyed everyone I met and I liked the office space in downtown San Francisco. I was quite nervous so I did just ok. The recruiter gave me feedback 2 days later to let me know I didn't make it. He was so nice about it and explained why I didn't pass. I didn't have enough of the skills they needed for the role. We both decided we would keep in touch because they may open more roles next year. The process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you went out of your way to meet a customer's needs?

Imgur

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imgur in Apr 2017

Interview

The worst experience I have ever had which reflects badly on the HR team and the company. Key issues: 1. Prolonged process: The entire process took 2.5 months! 2. The HR person who was coordinating my interview process would often schedule a meeting and not show up. This did not happen just once or twice but several times. While I understand that plans change and things come up, but setting up a meeting, not showing up and later sending an email saying they could not make it because of some reason or other only showed me how little they respected my time. A heads up before the meeting would have saved me a lot of time that I invested in first taking out the time to interview and before that preparing for the interview - only for it not to happen. It became extremely unprofessional at one point in time. 3. After the first two rounds they kept asking me for more and more information related to my experience, unsure themselves of what the job description and responsibilities should entail. I then concluded that they had not put enough thought on the job description and the skill set they were looking for when they put the job description out. 4. I had to follow up several times to find out whether the conversation was moving forward or not. Overall, terrible experience. Either the HR team does not value candidates or the company does not. Either way, I would advise the company to evaluate their HR process and the manner in which candidates are on-boarded. Absolutely no respect for candidates or their time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Interviews