Immersion Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.8

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Immersion Corporation (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The process took about 10 days. Received a mail from a member of technical staff and scheduled for an phone screen within a week. The first round was fairly simple, asked about projects on resume and skills based on course projects. They replied back within 2 days and scheduled second round(Skype call) within 7 days. Second round was coding challenge. I was asked to write code for 2 problems in an hour. One of the question was about 2-D arrays in java. The aim was to see approach of problem solving.

Interview Questions

• 2-D arrays in java.
      Write program to print all elements in 2-D array in spiral form.
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Immersion Corporation in September 2016.

Interview

Two skype followed by onsite interview. All the staff members were very supportive and friendly. It was a great experience and it was my very first interview experience in the USA. I was not very confident at the time of the interview, however, this interview experience has increased my lot of confidence

Interview Questions

• Singleton function. Also been asked few whiteboard programming tasks on string manipulation like reverse a string and check if a string has duplicate characters.   Answer Question

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Immersion Corporation (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and sent the recruiter a message. I was in college on the other side of the country when I applied. She said she'd get back to me if she saw a fit, which she did two days later when she set up a phone call interview with her and a supervisor. Then they set up a few Skype interviews the next week with some more team supervisors and leads, and then decided to fly me out the next week for in-person interviews. I had to prepare a 45 minute long presentation followed by Q&A of my work, then lunch with the team I'd presented to and would be working with, then one on one interviews with various higher-ups and second interviews with the supervisors from before. The ones I'd spoken to before also gave me a tour of their offices and we discussed what we would do with me if I worked there. After returning they requested 2 referrals from my current boss or thesis advisers, after which they gave me an offer within a few days. Overall the process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to present some of my past work and to relate each project back to Immersion's business goals. They also asked that I talk about something I did that thought about haptics.   Answer Question

Content Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Immersion Corporation (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with various managers in various departments which allowed me to get a great grasp on the nature of the company, it's values, and it's people. Took a tour of the office and was able to see how the company worked, in addition to it's atmosphere and demeanor. Further interviews involved additional meetings with other employees to verify a good fit.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Immersion Corporation (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Had a face-to-face interview with members of the team. Questions were both technical and behavioral and some white-board coding was involved. Everything went smoothly and I was told my results within a few days. The entire interview process was done very well!

Mechanical Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Immersion Corporation (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Very nice interview process. After the 1st phone call, i had a 1st round of interviews onsite. One week later had a 2nd round and last round of interviews. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel extremely comfortable in there. Each round of interview included at least 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• A couple of statics questions but in general questions were simple.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Immersion Corporation (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I have been interviewed by many companies, big ones or small ones and I have to say this is the worst interview experience I ever had. Arrogant interviewer, incorrect skills test and unorganized interview process etc., all these factors make me feel bad about the company. During the interview, one software manger told me that they want to hire the best people but it is difficult to find one. Now I have a feedback to give them: sometimes it may not be candidate's problem, it may be yours and this may explain why you spent more than four months to fill a position but still failed. After I read the company's reviews by other employees in this website, I know it may be true (and why it may be true) that "not recommended if you have other options.”

Interview Questions

• A skills test about coding in a real computer regarding some string manipulations.   Answer Question
    • A hardware engineer only asked me all my past project experiences (including every detail) in the resume.   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Immersion Corporation (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

interviewed with many people and called back 3 times to interview the process took a long time and the people were really friendly and i loved the company the interviews were positive and well adminstered in a timely fashion it was a good process and that is all i have to say