KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Impel Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 31 of over 31 interviews

Other7%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Impel

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Impel

Interview

The process was extremely positive from beginning to end. Everyone I met with was transparent about the company and the position. The culture seems warm and inviting, and particularly empowering for women.

Interview Questions
  • What is the piece of content you're most proud of/and least proud of creating and why?
    Answer Question

Impel

Application

I interviewed at Impel

Interview

They send an online test. They send an email with the test guidelines and you complete it on your own and send it back. There was no proctor or actual person on the other end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Impel

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Impel in Apr 2021

Interview

I had three interviews. 1st was a Phone Screen with Human Resources, A couple of days later, I had a second interview with two others - Director and Vice President level. The third was a persuasive presentation with an audience of about 5 SpinCar team members.

Interview Questions
  • Why SpinCar? Tell me about yourself!

Impel

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Impel in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview was pretty professional and the woman who interviewed me was pleasant and we had a flowing conversation. I did however feel that the job itself was not going to be what the title was. The title was Creative Director and the job sounded more like they wanted someone to do basic design work for them. The job description did say about helping with branding, but I didn't get the impression that would be happening very quickly. ... They seemed like an interesting tech company but I'm not sure how satisfying the job would be for a driven creative.

Interview Questions
  • Why was I interested in this company?

Impel

Application

I interviewed at Impel

Interview

First I had to complete a 10 question multiple choice coding quiz. After that I had a screening call to go over my resume. Next I was sent a coding problem which took about 30-45 minutes to complete and send back. I then had another call with someone on the team to go over the multiple choice quiz and the coding question. After that I had a final round interview which lasted two hours and involved two different questions. For the amount of steps there were in the process it was disappointing when they ended up ghosting me.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Impel (New York, NY)

Interview

The interview process is very slow and unresponsive. I got to the third round and then they stopped replying to my emails and messages. I got no replies or responses of whether or not I moved onto the next round.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Impel (Syracuse, NY) in Nov 2020

Interview

Three 45 minute technical interviews with pretty easy LC questions, one easy take home assignment, and then a 2 or 3 hour long remote "onsite" interview, which consisted of another LC style question, and a system design type question. A few days later, I had a video chat with the CTO, presumably as a behavioral interview. Then, I got ghosted. They were consistently slow with getting back to me between each step, but ghosting a candidate after making them waste so much time interviewing should really tell you everything you need to know about this company. The salary range was also very, very low for a SWE job in NYC.

Interview Questions
  • Multiple LC style questions, ranging from LC easy to LC medium. One systems design question, which included designing databases.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Impel (Syracuse, NY) in Oct 2020

Interview

A very simple process. I was able to meet the whole team and various departments. It was a little unconventional but I think covid is to blame for that. Overall a good experience

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Impel (Syracuse, NY) in Sep 2020

Interview

Interview process was very well structured & professional. My first call was with the HR Director, then moved on to the VP of Sales, then interviewed with the CEO. The interview process really helped me to get a clear understanding of the company's values, culture & direction.

Interview Questions
  • -An example of a time you overcame an obstacle in the workplace? -Do you work better individually or within a team?

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Impel (Syracuse, NY) in May 2020

Interview

I went through multiple interviews with the company. Starting from managers of different areas and eventually going up to my, now, direct manager and ending with the VP of the department. This was great as it allowed me to get a feel for the culture of the company and ask questions to the people

Interview Questions
  • What type of management style do you prefer?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Interviews

Impel Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Impel as 62.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.55 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Project Manager and Customer Success Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Account Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Impel takes an average of 14 days when considering 33 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Account Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Project Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 28 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Impel according to 33 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 26.03%