Impetus Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Impetus Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

3.3

Hadoop Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies.

Interview

Scheduled Skype interview for the Hadoop developer position. Interviewer was nice and cool.
    He asked about my experience and skills set. And he asked some questions on Hive, Map reduce process with one scenario. And slowly went more technical, syntax, real time problems, etc.

Interview Questions

• How Map reduce works explain with one scenario.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with several recruiters then a VP. Impetus is infatuated with Skype. All interviews were on Skype, I asked if it could be a phone call and that was met with much resistance. They wanted to fly me to CA for full day face to face meetings, throughout entire process they refused to share compensation details. Was told several times that it was competitive and not to worry about it. After 3 attempts to get comp details with no success and more importantly, after speaking live with a former Impetus sales rep, I cancelled the CA meeting.

Bigdata Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies.

Interview

2-3 rounds of interview

1st Round -They will ask puzzles

2nd Round-They will ask puzzles with technical questions on Hadoop,Hive and Pig

3rd Round(Director) -Again puzzles and some stupid management questions which are not related to technical stuff at all dont know what they are trying to find

Interview Questions

• Director round question - Why do want to join us ? (they discussed with me on my answers for long time and still were not convinced )   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Went in for walk-in drive. There were total three interviews. The first interview was fine, mostly java concepts in-depth. The interview was really long and tiring. Then came the second round, I was stunned at the attitude the senior members of the company were showing. Two members were present during Through out the interview, they were not really interested in knowing what I knew, but tried to emphasize on what I didn't know, they seem to be mocking me which made me feel even more nervous. I would say that these guys should understand that they are not hiring for a company like Google and learn to be down-to-earth if not nice to their interviewees. The HR, however, was really sweet and calm.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you everything from your resume but will mock you badly.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies.

Interview

Interview call, and 3 rounds of interviews and offer, all happened in one week itself. Fast and interesting. I liked the fact that they mean business, respect others time and see that the candidate is not feeling lost at any point of time. Had interactions with senior leaders of the company and that helps know where the company is heading to.

Interview Questions

• How far I could go to prove a point?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Intially HR contacted and discussed for a while and planned a 1st technical interview. The interview went for 30 mts with all basic questions in java and hadoop. After a week, second phone interview was setup. Interviewer grilled for more than an hour with lot of technical questions and discussed more on my current project.

Interview Questions

• What is external and internal tables in Hive
      Questions on Serde
      Given a task and solve using Map reduce
      impacts of private constructor in a java class   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Noida (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was quite quick. The HR team(what they call as Talent Acquisition team) call me a day before when the written aptitude+technical was scheduled. They informed me next day that I had been shortlisted for round2, which is in a day's time. I was also able to clear the second round which was purely technical, includes question form Data Structure,DBMS,Algorithms,OS and the most important college project. The interviewer questioned me for about good 25-30 minutes, but if you have done your project sincerely, it will be a cake walk. I got stuck in round3 which was a video conferencing interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Multitasking, multiprogramming, multithreading   Answer Question

Am Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Noida (India)).

Interview

It was first telephonic interview followed by written and Face to face. The written test was a pen and paper test which lasted for 3 hours. Once it was done I was called for Face to face interview. This was a simple interview.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Noida (India)).

Interview

There were 2 technical and 1 manager round, questions were mainly on selenium and Java and any other automation tool you have worked on. Manager round us easy, questions in what you have worked on so far.

Interview Questions

• Page objet Model, Java collections, OOps concepts, locators, testNg, annotations , data providers, reporting   Answer Question

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Noida (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was long but a good one. I first went through the telephonic which was really really hard and then there was a second round of interview which was a mixed of techincal and managerial

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was ok