Impetus Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

3.3

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with several recruiters then a VP. Impetus is infatuated with Skype. All interviews were on Skype, I asked if it could be a phone call and that was met with much resistance. They wanted to fly me to CA for full day face to face meetings, throughout entire process they refused to share compensation details. Was told several times that it was competitive and not to worry about it. After 3 attempts to get comp details with no success and more importantly, after speaking live with a former Impetus sales rep, I cancelled the CA meeting.

Bigdata Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies.

Interview

2-3 rounds of interview

1st Round -They will ask puzzles

2nd Round-They will ask puzzles with technical questions on Hadoop,Hive and Pig

3rd Round(Director) -Again puzzles and some stupid management questions which are not related to technical stuff at all dont know what they are trying to find

Interview Questions

• Director round question - Why do want to join us ? (they discussed with me on my answers for long time and still were not convinced )   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Went in for walk-in drive. There were total three interviews. The first interview was fine, mostly java concepts in-depth. The interview was really long and tiring. Then came the second round, I was stunned at the attitude the senior members of the company were showing. Two members were present during Through out the interview, they were not really interested in knowing what I knew, but tried to emphasize on what I didn't know, they seem to be mocking me which made me feel even more nervous. I would say that these guys should understand that they are not hiring for a company like Google and learn to be down-to-earth if not nice to their interviewees. The HR, however, was really sweet and calm.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you everything from your resume but will mock you badly.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies.

Interview

Interview call, and 3 rounds of interviews and offer, all happened in one week itself. Fast and interesting. I liked the fact that they mean business, respect others time and see that the candidate is not feeling lost at any point of time. Had interactions with senior leaders of the company and that helps know where the company is heading to.

Interview Questions

• How far I could go to prove a point?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Intially HR contacted and discussed for a while and planned a 1st technical interview. The interview went for 30 mts with all basic questions in java and hadoop. After a week, second phone interview was setup. Interviewer grilled for more than an hour with lot of technical questions and discussed more on my current project.

Interview Questions

• What is external and internal tables in Hive
      Questions on Serde
      Given a task and solve using Map reduce
      impacts of private constructor in a java class
      Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Indore (India)).

Interview

I got a call from the HR of Impetus, and they initiated the interview process.
    When i reached the office on time they had given, they made me wait for more than 40 minutes citing one reason or another.
    Finally, when I was ready to walk out from that place, they called me in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was very long and grueling.
      It went on for more than 1:30 hour, and the interviewer covered every thing from the which was required for the job and which were not.
      It was a good and healthy discussion.
      But, my bone of contrantion is that they never followed up after the interview and I was asked to hang in there because they were looking for more suitable candidates and after 7 days when HR came to know about me joining at different place, he called me and offered me the job because they have not found someone more suitable which I personally think is not at all professional because you should make candidate aware of his position immediately rather than keeping them in dilemma and without any closure
      Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

There was a telephonic round followed by a Skype round and then hr round there was a salary discussion.
    As I was in Hyderabad this was the process else there is a in person interview for this process.
    The interview process is very easy and candidate cooperative

JUNIOR SOFTWARE TRAINEE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Indore (India)).

Interview

The interview process include 3 rounds the 1st one is online test which was of 60min. It includes the 30 aptitude question and 30 basic fundamental and java questions. There is no negative marking.
    If you clear the 1st round then the 2nd round would be the technical interview whixh is held on another day. The interview includes the question of java, and your projects.
    If you clear the 2nd round the 3rd round would be another technical interview which includes the question of java, os , Dbms, Data structure. The whole process take 2-3 weeks

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies.

Interview

Worst and most lazy HR i have ever talked to. Impetus your HR deppt is not doing their most important job that is hiring. Bad process cleared all rounds, had to follow up myself for everything after process.

Big Data Engineer QA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies.

Interview

Two technical and one HR. After clearing all rounds, when I sent payslips and all for verification and offer later,they say position is on hold and did not replied to any messages and calls. Very bad experience