Impetus Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

The process involved 3 rounds totally and this was a walk-in drive conducted by Impetus.

A recruiter contacted me 10 days before and briefed me on the position, location, and organization (This was in response to my application via LinkedIn)

First 2 rounds were technical and the 3rd round was with HR regarding the discussion on salary and benefits

The process took around 3 hours and they were giving an offer on the same day for selected candidates (something to appreciate!)

Interview Questions

• Involved various questions related to the below topics -

Memory Management, Collections, Serialization, Concurrency, REST, Hibernate, MongoDB, SQL, Design Patterns, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Previous Projects   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with several recruiters then a VP. Impetus is infatuated with Skype. All interviews were on Skype, I asked if it could be a phone call and that was met with much resistance. They wanted to fly me to CA for full day face to face meetings, throughout entire process they refused to share compensation details. Was told several times that it was competitive and not to worry about it. After 3 attempts to get comp details with no success and more importantly, after speaking live with a former Impetus sales rep, I cancelled the CA meeting.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Intially HR contacted and discussed for a while and planned a 1st technical interview. The interview went for 30 mts with all basic questions in java and hadoop. After a week, second phone interview was setup. Interviewer grilled for more than an hour with lot of technical questions and discussed more on my current project.

Interview Questions

• What is external and internal tables in Hive
      Questions on Serde
      Given a task and solve using Map reduce
      impacts of private constructor in a java class   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies.

Interview

Interview call, and 3 rounds of interviews and offer, all happened in one week itself. Fast and interesting. I liked the fact that they mean business, respect others time and see that the candidate is not feeling lost at any point of time. Had interactions with senior leaders of the company and that helps know where the company is heading to.

Interview Questions

• How far I could go to prove a point?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Went in for walk-in drive. There were total three interviews. The first interview was fine, mostly java concepts in-depth. The interview was really long and tiring. Then came the second round, I was stunned at the attitude the senior members of the company were showing. Two members were present during Through out the interview, they were not really interested in knowing what I knew, but tried to emphasize on what I didn't know, they seem to be mocking me which made me feel even more nervous. I would say that these guys should understand that they are not hiring for a company like Google and learn to be down-to-earth if not nice to their interviewees. The HR, however, was really sweet and calm.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you everything from your resume but will mock you badly.   Answer Question

Hadoop Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies.

Interview

Scheduled Skype interview for the Hadoop developer position. Interviewer was nice and cool.
    He asked about my experience and skills set. And he asked some questions on Hive, Map reduce process with one scenario. And slowly went more technical, syntax, real time problems, etc.

Interview Questions

• How Map reduce works explain with one scenario.   1 Answer

Bigdata Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies.

Interview

2-3 rounds of interview

1st Round -They will ask puzzles

2nd Round-They will ask puzzles with technical questions on Hadoop,Hive and Pig

3rd Round(Director) -Again puzzles and some stupid management questions which are not related to technical stuff at all dont know what they are trying to find

Interview Questions

• Director round question - Why do want to join us ? (they discussed with me on my answers for long time and still were not convinced )   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process is not fixed.
    Recruiters are confused when you ask them questions regarding job.
    2 Video Interview (mostly behavioral)
    1 HR Meet
    3 Video Interview (Technical - Managerial - Technical)
    1 HR Interview
    Recruiter sets up call each time and will give you a feedback after 2 months.
    Company has many sub-divisions so they might change job description with out knowing you.
    Technical person or Managers have no idea which projects/technology used. They will name every tool in Big Data field and at end before accepting offer they will say that you have to work as Java developer.
    Hiring people do not have any co-ordination between them.

Interview Questions

• -mostly on resume
      - some hive questions
      - How map-reduce works?
      - Spark architecture questions.   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2018.

Interview

This interview is for Phoenix, AZ location. All interviews are over skype. 2 Technical interviews (one at a time) followed by HR discussion.
    Each interview is on a weekend. The recruiter who works from India is very poor in coordinating with the candidates. All his feedbacks are one word responses.
    The recruiter sent an email after the HR discussion asking for confirmation on the salary and after two weeks he started going back on his word and asking me to accept the salary that is very much lower than what he confirmed in an earlier email. This sounds very unprofessional.

Instead of looking at the skills and experience of a candidate they focus on what you are earning and what is the expected salary. They never care about your skills and value you bring in. To me it looks like a just body shop company.

It was my mistake to accept the interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Basic MapReduce and Java questions. Covered other components in Hadoop eco system (Hive, Sqoop and Oozie). Few questions Spark performance and architecture.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

I gave interview through campus recruitment in Jaipur. It consisted of 4 rounds (1 Written, 1 technical, 1 technical cum managerial and last HR round). The written round had no negative marking and had 30 Aptitude and 30 technical questions based on Java, SQL and some other concepts. The other technical rounds were average.

Interview Questions

• In technical section , the question were generally about OOP concept, Java Strings, some basic about collections, Some puzzles, sorting and pattern programs.
      In HR round and Managerial round questions were mostly based on personal information, why do you want to Join us (I already had an offer) and some moral value based question(like would you tell on your friend if he was cheating in this exam).   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a fresher, there was no negotiation