InMobi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

3.1

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InMobi (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter and then an in-person interview in their San Francisco office.

It was the worst interview I have ever had!!!

The interviewer asked me some basic questions regarding my background and then proceeded to ask me three mathematical/logical questions. I was in shock that he gave me thirty seconds to answer the three questions he asked me. I essentially knew the interview was over at that point. He told me they were looking for someone extremely analytical and logical for the position. He had recently moved from India to run the team here, it was pretty clear he was looking for someone else from India to join his team. After the interview was over I was told the recruiter would follow up with me, not a word from them since. Very poor interviewing and follow up! I would not recommend!

Interview Questions

• If you had to walk from your house to the office, how many steps would it take? He said to do the math in cm and km and give him an exact number.

If I give you 4 tablets which contain 2 tablets for fever and 2 tablets for cold. All 4 are the same size, shape, and color. You have to take 1 cold and 1 fever tablet. How will you choose correctly?

You are trying to cook an egg for exactly fifteen minutes, but instead of a timer, you are given two ropes which burn for exactly 1 hour each. The ropes, however, are of uneven densities – i e , half the rope length-wise might take only two minutes to burn. How can you cook the egg for exactly fifteen minutes?   1 Answer

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InMobi (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Honestly, I never post on Glassdoor but this was by far one of the worst interviewing experiences I've dealt with. I had an initial phone screening, you know where you typically go over your background and basic questions but nope not with inmobi. I spoke to some high up who was on a muffled line and had an EXTREMELY thick accent, which coming from a first generation family, I was fine with but for a muffled phone interview had some pain points. He went over the role and asked if I was interested after confirming he let me know he had three questions for me. The first was an analytical question regarding having two pieces of rope and a box of matches and using the said items to gauge how long 15 minutes have gone by to determine if an egg was ready to boil. Confused, I struggled at first trying to understand the question but a few minutes he said "oh and the rope takes 20 minutes to burn end to end" which would have been so very helpful to have known to begin with. After getting the answer, he muttered "finally" to my awe.... Then he let me know he only had one more question basically confirming I wasn't advancing to the next round as he let me know initially there were three question. The second was something about Amazon having half their budget going to billboards and the other have going to mobile and convincing them to spend more on mobile. After what I thought was a pretty good answer, he said "that's fine...". By far a horrid experience with an extremely unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

• You have two pieces of identical rope and a box of matches. An egg is boiling and takes 15 minutes to complete. The rope takes 20 minutes to burn from end to end, how can you determine when to stop boiling the egg?   1 Answer

Global Alliance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InMobi (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. Began with an initial phone screen. I was pleasantly surprised with the extent of her knowledge about the role and the speed at which the process moved. Though I was not actively looking, I came onsite for a meeting with the hiring manager, very open and conversational. I was then asked to come back and meet with a few other team members. I was not asked for a final interview, but from what I learned about inmobi it sounds like an interesting place to work and overall enjoyed everyone I spoke with. Only con is the office seemed quite empty and quiet.

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at InMobi (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

One of the worst HR I have ever seen. I applied online and was contacted for an initial HR screen. The recruiter asked me to send a list of available times. I did but then never heard back from the recruiter. I then reached out to the recruiter after a week of silence, and she asked for my availability again. Again, I responded but didn't hear back. This whole cycle happened a third time before the recruiter actually scheduled something with me. By then, I had lost all interest in the company. Good luck to inmobi in trying to attract top talent with such unprofessional HR!

Account Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by HR in London. It took quite a while to arrange an interview in Paris where I was applying. The interview was ok since the person asked genuine questions but the ambiance was not very startup. It feels a bit hierarchical. Later on, I was interviewed by a colleague of the same level. That was much better and he really explained well what he was doing and expecting from this position. Again, it took quite a while to get the feedback from them. a lot of patience.

Interview Questions

• the competitors of inmobi, how to solve problems when you fail to meet the client's objectives...   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InMobi.

Interview

I applied online and got an immediate response to set up a phone interview (about two hours after I applied) with their Head of HR. We scheduled the phone interview a few days later. She didn't call me until 25 minutes after the call was scheduled and that was after I had emailed that lady that set up the interview. I couldn't talk, so we scheduled another time to talk. I called her this time. She picked up and then had to put me on hold to go into a conference room. I was on speaker phone which made it hard to hear her.

She asked the normal questions, but she seemed like she wasn't really paying attention. I would answer and then she would ask me the same thing. When she asked if I had any questions, which I did, she didn't really answer them, or let me finish asking them. I didn't think it went well, but at the end of the call she said she wanted to bring me in.

We scheduled an on-site interview the following week. I was to meet with four people and they said it would take about 3 hours.

I ended up declining, based on the reviews of the company and also the lack or organization I had experienced in that short amount of interaction time.

BD Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at InMobi (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Extremely tough interviews with a lot of emphasis on numbers, logic and relationship building. Multiple levels of interviews but lot of people it seemed were just there because they were asked to and not because it was relevant to them. Friendly though but not very warm. Takes a long time for the HR to get back

Interview Questions

• How to get a major game developer on board   1 Answer

Negotiation

Couldnt negotiate

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InMobi (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Good interview but very lengthy and time consuming.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InMobi (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

i applied through career. then i got a email for coding test. in coding test there are 30 mcq question related to data structure and core subject of computer science and there was two coding question

Interview Questions

• you have to find minimum number of the given range that is not present in the array   Answer Question

UI/User Experience Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InMobi.

Interview

Applied through their Careers site. There were a total of three rounds of interview. To be honest, this was the worst interview I ever attended.

In the skills test, they asked relevant questions, but the interviewer had zero interviewing skills. Attitude was extremely condescending. The interviewer did not like any of the college projects that I did, which actually was appreciated by industry experts. I wonder why they called me since I had already submitted my resume and portfolio.

The interviewer pointed out faults in everything that I did. Demotivating stuff. And they were rude not just with me, but with the other applicants as well.

And on top of that the interviewer asked me whether I know Hindi in a very rude tone.

I don't think I would ever want to work in such an organisation where there is so much arrogance and bias toward interns.

Learn how to deliver constructive criticism and not just negative feedback.