InVision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

InVision Interview Questions

Interviews at InVision

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at InVision.

Interview

The overall process was smooth and efficient, with a total of 5 rounds. The first interview was a phone call with a recruiter who asked standard questions, and described the role in detail. The second interview was a video call with one of the sales managers. The third interview was the hardest - a 30 minute presentation, followed by three 1:1 interviews. The final 2 rounds were with other directors and whatnot. The process was challenging in general, but the questions were not overwhelmingly difficult. They ask you standard questions that if you prep for, you'd do fine.

Interview Questions

InVision Response

May 31, 2017 – Chief People Officer

I really appreciate this review. It's how our recruiting system should work, and in your case, it apparently did!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InVision (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

6 (six!) video call interviews. First was a technical screening, then meeting with two team lead types. Then another technical screening because they claimed the first interviewer had "forgotten" to do it. Finally a call with a "Harvard Business School" type VP who asked "what impression do people have of you that's incorrect" type behavioral questions designed to throw you off balance. They definitely came from some "how to evaluate employees" pop-psych handbook, and it did not much resemble a conversation between human beings.

Tech interview was more conceptual; no actual writing code.

Eventually received a generic "we'll keep your resume on file" voicemail, despite them having several other open positions I was more than qualified for.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an RSS reader   1 Answer

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InVision.

Interview

Had a 45 minute phone screen with the recruiter. Asked standard sales interview questions. Interviewer was professional and upbeat throughout the conversation. Was good about answering questions and explaining the role, company, culture, etc. Told me at the end she would follow up within one week at the most to let me know if I was moving on to the next step. I never heard back after that. I followed up with the recruiter 3-4 times for feedback or an answer in general and got no response. It was disappointing and felt disrespectful from a company that I'd had a good experience with up until that point. If you're spending 45 minutes talking with a candidate, and they've taken that time out of their own work day, as well as the time to prepare, the least you can do is send them a note letting them know you're not moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to walk through my work experience / career path so far. Easy conversation from there.   1 Answer

Strategist Interview

Interview

After applying online, the recruiter took around 2 weeks to reach out (which is average), but then after reaching out, the initial interview was not scheduled until another week later. By then, my schedule had changed and I needed her to shift the interview. The recruiter was not responsive until the very last minute, and only rescheduled around 45 minutes prior to the original interview time. During the interview, she tells me I will be speaking with the hiring manager. She takes over a week to schedule the interview with the hiring manager. When speaking with the hiring manager, he was obviously outdoor with cars honking and wind blowing so I could barely hear him. The interview itself was somewhat standard where the goal is to better understand the role. Although, this role is new therefore it seems like they don't even really know what they're looking for. After my thank you email, the hiring manager responds saying the recruiter will reach out in a few days. She does not reach out for another 2 weeks.

I did not get the role but after this process, I wasn't even sure I wanted it anymore. How unprofessional and disorganized!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InVision (New York, NY).

Interview

This was a bit of a bizarre interview process. For the record, I interviewed late last year and it still bugs me to the point that I feel like I should leave a review. At the time they were trying to build out a team of Strategists. I had to prepare and present based on a topic they gave me, the result of which they seemed very pleased with. Then there was a "dinner interview" that one person was late for. Everyone was super tired - and one guy seemed to be falling asleep at the table! The only thing that was clear is they really loved my presentation and wanted me to break it down piece by piece and explain how to present each slide, which I was happy to do.

Finally, days later they asked for me to send them my presentation. I sent them a PDF version and I wish I'd asked them to sign an NDA, because I never heard back after that. Finally I got a vague email from a recruiter that they were no longer interested, and it was not traditional for them to disclose why. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I can't help but wonder if all they really wanted was my presentation... I'll never know because they refused to provide any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Pretend you're presenting to a CEO   1 Answer

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InVision.

Interview

Two video interviews and then a video presentation. After the presentation there might have been a final interview, but I didn't progress. There were a number of red flags about this group and process. During the end I had to follow up with the recruiter around two times to get a response. First she said she wanted to set up a call, as the team is still interested in my candidacy. A few days later I emailed to follow up since we never had a call. She then said that the team decided not to move forward. That was obviously in contradiction to what she had said earlier about them still being interested. She was generally not the best at providing updates-I felt like I had to prod her.

During my presentation the hiring manager was yawning and looking away from the screen. Completely unprofessional and I don't want to be managed by someone like that. He just seems extremely immature. I think he was also aggressive in his questioning. He said "I don't understand this" a few times. I really don't get what was difficult to understand, but whatever. I was presenting in front of the HM and another team member. The team member said he thought my presentation was great. The HM said since we haven't interviewed others there is nothing to compare it with. I thought that was a funny way of putting it. You can assess performance without having to compare it to others. He was just generally cold. I didn't solicit feedback during the presentation by the way, so they gave their thoughts unprompted.

They're looking for people with consulting backgrounds, but the hiring manager does not come from consulting or any adjacent career(for example, finance) When I was giving my presentation he didn't understand what a barrier to entry, threat of substitutes, etc. were. Porter's Five Forces. I don't know what sort of the methodologies they might follow during projects considering the HM. And I'm not entirely sure if the projects are your typical growth strategy cases- in their recounting of past projects that didn't seem to be entirely the case.

I told them I had an offer during the second interview. I was interested in this role, because I have some apprehension about moving across the country , which I will have to do with my offer. To say that they didn't make much of an effort to speed up the process is putting it lightly. I get that every organization has its own timeline. But toward the end things were prolonged. After my presentation it took about two weeks to get a response. And the day before the recruiter had said they were still interested in my candidacy and wanted to set up a call to discuss. So, I don't know if she was jumping the gun or not.

Finally, the recruiter refused to let me know if my salary expectations fell within their budget. She said she thought InVision could be competitive, but on the other hand, didn't know what the team's budget is for this role. So I might have been wasting my time all along. Who knows.

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InVision in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out to schedule. Here's the thing - Accepted a time via the scheduling link. Recruiter no-showed. Three business days later after I sent a note to check in, I get an apology and attempt to reschedule. I give available times - hear absolutely nothing. Completely ghosted. As great as the company sounds, if this is their process, I can only imagine how many people they've lost out on.

Interview Questions

• What times are you avaiable?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InVision (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Discussed the opportunity via video conference with the Business Development Director. It was obvious that he was distracted (15 min late) and didn't conduct the interview with any professionalism. For a senior manager at the company, he provided pretty bland overview of the company and wouldn't go into details of the actual responsibilities of the role... all red flags in my book. He seemed genuinely disinterested in having a conversation. As for the rest of the team, it seems like they hired some mediocre former 1-2 year investment bankers that couldn't hang. No follow-up from the company afterwards which that was fine by me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for InVision App?   1 Answer

Strategist Interview

Interview

*They're using candidates to crowdsource ideas for their platform and then not hire them, do not waste your time. They will have you do real work and then steal it, saying that they picked someone else.*

Phone screen followed by take home project. Spent about 10 hours on it, only to receive a short email saying they'd moved on with other candidates. And now two weeks later, the job is posted yet again on LinkedIn and other websites. Classic startup ploy to get free work. If you really feel compelled to go through this process, have them sign an NDA or pay you upfront for your ideas.

InVision Response

Jul 28, 2017 – Chief People Officer

I'm sorry that you had this experience as a candidate with us. Example work is a good indicator of fit for a role, and it is a technique that a wide-range of companies use (not just start-ups).

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at InVision.

Interview

It was long with multiple 1:1 (at least 6) and 1 panel interview. It was all worth it though because I got to meet many people and they were all very friendly and bright. The entire process was 2mo and they took 2 weeks to make a decision (was interviewing other candidates)

Interview Questions

• Strategy question was "you're trying to help your friend open up a bakery, how would you advise them"   2 Answers
    • Many questions were "Tell me of a time when..."   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at InVision (Remote, OR) in April 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview with the InVision recruiter, who asked good/fairly typical first interview questions. Why are you interested, tell me about your background, etc. Moved to the next round which was 1-1 interview with a sales manager which was also well run - asked good/fair questions. Then next round was the role-play exercise which lets you run a discovery call essentially to show your ability. Useful exercise and helpful feedback provided right after the exercise. Moved to final round with sr leadership member, which was a bit of a formality. Talk about career goals, etc to ensure alignment. Then received the offer about a week later due to delay with signatures from out-of-town mgmt.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this role?   1 Answer
    • What is something you are proud of in your previous roles?   1 Answer