Indiana University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indiana University Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2018

2.4

Chef Interview

Interview

Was a standard interview. I had the pleasure of speaking with two different people. It was a pleasant experience, it seems that they take their interview process very seriously. I can't think of any complaints, I guess I was a bit nervous!

Night Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Indiana University (Bloomington, IN) in April 2018.

Interview

Went in introduced myself and answered some questions they said it would be a few days before they knew anything had more people to interview and told me the shifts they had open and what I'd be doing,

Interview Questions

• If i have ever cleaned offices before   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University.

Interview

Applied on IU jobs board, received email from Hiring Manager within 5 days with invitation to interview the following week. Met with HR rep, Hiring Manager, and Department Chair for interview. Offered position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Resume review , why do you want this position, other standard traditional interview questions   Answer Question

Mar 26, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Sounds like you had a very smooth and quick process. That is what we like to see. Welcome to the IU family!

Event Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indiana University (Bloomington, IN) in February 2018.

Interview

It was very quick, I had my answer within a few days. It was a one on one interview and it lasted no more than thirty minutes. I was grateful to the staff for their welcoming attitude. I would recommend bringing a resume and such.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get out of this experience?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indiana University (New York, NY).

Interview

Thorough interview and job shadowing. Follow up communication lacking by H.R. and Recruiter. Communication necessary to understand acceptance or declination of initial offer. Feedback is crucial for a candidate. Thanks, no thank you.

Interview Questions

• Is it really necessary to go further back than 10 yrs. of employment?   1 Answer

Jan 16, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Sorry that you declined our offer. As for going back more than 10 years in employment, it is really difficult to understand this without knowing the context of the question asked and your... More

Professional Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Received an email about 2-3 weeks after submitting my application online. Phone interview with HR, then brought in for in-person. The in-person interview was essentially three different interviews with a handful of people over about 3 hours. I was given a lot more information about the day to day aspects of the job during the interview. Received an offer the next day. The HR representative was very communicative and helpful. Overall the interview was laid back and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Most questions focused on my resume and then on how I would handle certain situations or challenges.   Answer Question

Jan 16, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Glad to hear you had a good and quick experience. Welcome to the IU Team.

Boiler Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University in January 2018.

Interview

Very professional interview. The gentlemen that interviewed me were very professional but we're laid back and friendly. I applied for the job late January went in for 1st interview a week later. A few days later I received a call to come back for a second interview. Awaiting response currently.

Interview Questions

Indiana University Response

Mar 26, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

I am glad that you felt the interview was professional. At the time of your post, you were still awaiting word. Hopefully you are now part of the IU family.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Very professional interview with multiple individuals who had clearly studied my resume and tailored questions to my specific work experience. It was a thourough process with an extensive background check after the interview process.

Interview Questions

Indiana University Response

Mar 26, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

I love to see that you felt it was a very professional interview, even though it may have been difficult. Welcome to IU and thanks for making us your employer of choice.

Sustainability Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University (Bloomington, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process, taking into account when I applied to when I actually received word about their decision, was kind of long. The process, however, was all in all super professional and courteous. I was told I would be participating in a special skills assessment during the interview too.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Indiana University.

Interview

I was appointed this position as part of my PhD work. Therefore, the interview process as not a traditional system. However, getting into the PhD program was quite rigorous. I am in the Applied Health Science Department.

Interview Questions

Indiana University Response

Jan 8, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Welcome to the team. Glad that you have a good overall experience in the process.