Indiana University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.4

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Had phone interview and two face to face. One interview in Indianapolis and one interview in Bloomington Indiana..this was a reposted job. I had not applied the first time it was posted.

Media Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Indiana University (New York, NY).

Interview

Really laid back! Nice and genuine. I enjoyed talking to their staff and learning more about their work. Grade A work place. Friendly and positive people. Loved the environment. And Bloomington is great.

New Student Orientation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University.

Interview

The interview process was pretty relaxed. First round was a group interview where they see how you interacted with one another and had different events such as public speaking, Q&A sessions, etc. The second round was a interview with two other people. It was pretty basic and just asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time when you faced an obstacle and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indiana University (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone Round- Personality + Technical
    In Person with Management (group panel)-Personality
    In Person with Senior Management-Personality
    Telephone round - they asked me about my projects,told me about work they do
    Group Panel Interviews- Gauged where my skills would fit their environment and where they feel it would be necessary for me to learn new things and told me the same promptly

Interview Questions

• About all the projects.
      They generally look for that the person is keen on learning new technologies and is enthusiastic in experimenting with the technology at hand.Interview team is extremely welcoming and warm.
      They are all scholars from various fields but don't expect they would not know anything from your field.I loved meeting with the team and I greatly appreciate their promptness with the process.I will love to be a part of this institute as they are working towards getting a cure for Alzheimer's and it gives me great pleasure to know that I will be associated with something that helps reduce human suffering.
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indiana University (Bloomington, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I was asked to describe the various projects I had worked on as per my resume. Then a bunch of questions followed around the topics of my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of tools/techniques could be used for log analytics?   Answer Question

Food Court Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indiana University (Bloomington, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Asked what are my qualities and why I am good for this job, spoke a little about me and the interviewer also spoke about herself. It was an effortless conversation. She judged what positions I would be best for based on my qualities.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess which are useful for this job?   Answer Question

Assistant Research Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indiana University (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview process included the majority of the physicians that I would be working with as well as a lunch with a minority of them. The Chair and I met first.

Tech Team Member Interview

Interview

Interview was easy only asked about customer handling experience. The upper admin is good and they try to make you comfortable with a small conversation. Interview is really easy and crackable.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indiana University.

Interview

There was no interview process to get accepted into the program. Just the usual application package. There are graduate recruitment weekends, but usually it's the graduate students that have already been accepted into the program come to the school to visit faculty to decide who to work for. So it's almost as if the tables are turned.

Interview Questions

• What are your research interests? What is your experience?   Answer Question

Visiting Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University.

Interview

I applied for the visiting lecturer position. I received a call to come in for an interview with the Department Chair. We talked about my previous teaching experiences, I met the other faculty in the department, we discussed the program and classes I would be teaching for the upcoming semester. I received an offer that day.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any difficult or unexpected questions for the interview.   Answer Question