Indiana University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indiana University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indiana University.

Interview

The hiring process can be rigorous and is shaped by the personality of the EMC director on the campus you're applying for. The process took three months from the time I submitted my resume, but the online hiring process keeps you well informed of where you are in the process. I had three interviews before I was offered the job. The first was telephonic, the second was Skype, with five people asking me questions, and the third was face to face with the boss. Each one lasted half an hour to an hour.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you if you have ever created an emergency action plan.   1 Answer

Jul 31, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Welcome to IU. While the process may have been rigorous, we are truly looking for the best of the best. Very happy to have you on board as part of the IU family!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indiana University.

Interview

I applied for three separate jobs in three separate areas. There is no consistency in how interviews are conducted. Each department or entity has its own method, so it all comes down to luck of the draw in who you meet. One department's group interview felt as if they had not interviewed anyone in 20 years. It was a stiff, formal process with rote questions. Though I was a finalist, nothing substantial was revealed about the position and no real effort had been made by the interviewers to take even a cursory glance at my resume. While there are a few dedicated people in HR, it is abundantly clear that recruiting and taking care of people as applicants or employees are not priorities at this university.

Interview Questions

Indiana University Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We are sorry to hear that you only had a Neutral Experience and an Average Interview. We would hope that all candidates - internal and external - would have a positive candidate experience. I can... More

Visiting Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Indiana University (Bloomington, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through my advisor and it took 2 months to hear back from the chairman . Phone interview first and then second round is campus interview. I met the Chairman and had the short interview and lunch with her afterward. It was good and relax.

Interview Questions

• 1. can you teach calculus ?
      2. can you teaching 2 + 2 class per year?   1 Answer

Jun 19, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

While we are glad to see that there was an employee who thought highly enough to refer you, we are sorry that you did not get the role. We wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Biostatistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indiana University (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

First round is a phone interview, second round is on site. Phone interview was with manager directly, the second is with different group of staffs and faculties. In general, it was a good interview, but it took whole day.

Interview Questions

Indiana University Response

Jul 10, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Congratulations and welcome to the Indiana University family!

While it seems like a lot of time for the 2nd interview (a whole day), it is well worth it for us to ensure we find the right... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University in May 2017.

Interview

Make sure to do background research on the department you are interviewing with. Answer questions honestly and enjoy yourself. Get there early and make sure to listen to questions asked. You will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Questions about current global ransomware and databaese   Answer Question

Jun 12, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Glad to see you had such a positive experience. Welcome to the IU Team!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Indiana University in March 2017.

Interview

The questions were 90% hight level and theoretical. Very little probing to get to my actual experience. When I would find ways to include my experience, interviewers seemed to lose interest.

Interview Questions

• What will be the first thing you change about our org? (I mean, I hardly know anything about your org yet)   Answer Question

Jun 12, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We are sorry to hear that you did not have such a good experience in your interviewing process. More disappointingly though, we are sorry that you declined the offer to work with us at IU. It truly... More

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Indiana University in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for Software Developer position in online, got contacted and had two phone interviews. Interview is not hard, basically they focused previous projects. I have answers almost all the questions, since I am international they don't wont hire.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Had phone interview and two face to face. One interview in Indianapolis and one interview in Bloomington Indiana..this was a reposted job. I had not applied the first time it was posted.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indiana University (Bloomington, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

you have to be referred by either someone else working in the office or you can ask the administration if there are job openings in either the fall or spring.

CRC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indiana University (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the department director. The process was smooth and easy without any negative questions. Very helpful in explaining the job and duties. Was explained the benefits and salary very well. Was given a tour of the work area and introduced to the employees and given a chance to ask questions and talk to them about their experience.

Interview Questions

• what was the level of experience?   1 Answer

Aug 21, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Very glad to see that the department gave you a realistic job preview and that you had a positive experience. That is the starting combination for a long and successful career.