Inflection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Inflection

2.8

Director of IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection (New York, NY).

Interview

Emails communication are from another Service, and then initial phone interview with Office Manager, then second interview with the SVP. After that never heard back from anyone from the company.

Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Inflection (Omaha, NE) in July 2019.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview and going over some company basics such as PTO, bonuses, schedules, and perks the company offers. Following, was a scheduled in-person interview with two managers, that also included a few assessments to gauge our skills in the job duties we would be performing in the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation you have encountered and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood City, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview Process: Phone interview - Portfolio review with hiring manager - Design Challenge - Review of Design Challenge with hiring manager - Onsite
    I had very good experience with the interviews. Response was always timely and the hiring manager was very supportive throughout the process. Onsite was relatively short and sweet.

Business Intelligence Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood City, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

I received an email within a day of submitting my resume. Phone screen interview within the week. Then, the week after I had a video call with the manager for the role. I had a short skills test. On the beginning of the second week I had an onsite interview with multiple people ranging from people on the team to the CEO. Overall the interview process was smooth and I was never waiting on responses.

Partner Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection in May 2018.

Interview

Interview with recruiter then with hiring manager. Very, very poor communication and strange outcome. Initially good conversations with recruiter and hiring manager. Few days later received an email from recruiter saying they would like to move forward with an on-site team interview and asked for my availability. I provided feedback and followed up a few days later as they did not respond. No response for nearly a week and a half. Received a “canned” system email stating they had lots of good candidates but won’t be moving forward with me. Wait what? You notify me that you’d like to continue the process and ask for my availability, then go radio silent, only to notify me via “canned” email that I’m not a candidate? Extremely unprofessional. Maybe I dodged a bullet.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got a response within a day or so. A phone screen followed promptly. The phone screen was not very structured and less than a positive experience but I didn't feel that it was demeaning as another reviewer mentioned, although I can see it going that way for someone else. --My experience just felt loose and apathetic.

Later, I met with the hiring manager. At the conclusion of the call I was invited on-site. After that I never heard back from them. Two follow-up emails drew zero response.

Both the hiring manager and the recruiter have several years of experience which I initially regarded as a positive but I am actively interviewing right now and my experience with the Inflection team has definitely been sub-par compared to others...and the excuse of "we are just a start-up" really doesn't hold water in Silicon Valley. It's just code for "we are really unorganized" and "we are not very good at our jobs".

Having read other reviews I am going to chalk it up as a waste of time and drop it. - It seems self-defeating for a company and its employees to engage top talent and then show them how unorganized and dismissive you can be. In this job market, this is definitely not an organization worth pursuing unless you are desperate. If you are interviewing with multiple companies and want to keep your options open, I would prioritize this one lowest.

Interview Questions

• "Provide some examples of where you had to go upmarket"   Answer Question

Motion Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood Shores, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

1. phone interview with general information
    2. 2nd interview with a higher up HR person
    3. in person interview with 4 different people some with design backgrounds some with a marketing "social" title.
    4. followed by weeks of not getting back to you. Having phone interviews not be finalized because their HR person forgot to schedule them.

Like many of the reviews say this place plays itself off as a "startup" and runs a puppy mill campaign actively targeting recent grads. Allowing for low wages and unqualified youngsters with "management" titles. Making for a painful in person interview full of "uh huh" and "giggly laughter" responses. The interview allows you to have lunch with your potential coworkers allowing you to see the great divide of the people who actually do work (programers, designers, sales, etc.) and the rest of the collective dorm people, 99% of which where from Boston oddly enough. Free lunches and massages and other silly perks seem to be the jedi mind trick that keeps the recent grads drinking the kool aid. When you have enough work/life experiences you realize these are simply a means to offer less salary and keep you working, no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions had nothing to do with my skill set and where merely "what can you do with our brand?" type.   1 Answer

General Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contact fairly quickly to see if I would be a good fit for this position. I was asked to respond to a set of about five questions related to the position. Then, I was emailed back to set up a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I was asked to come in for an onsite interview. I was told that an analytical test would be a component of the onsite interview. Every single interaction was professional and enjoyable. I found the recruiting team exceptional: polite, engaging and helpful/informative.

The phone interview was very conversational. I gained insight into the Company and was also given the opportunity to explain some of what I was looking for and how I could be qualified.

The one disappointment was that I felt like the analytical test was far harder than the qualifications asked for by the job description and the initial screening. I had zero problem with the initial screening questions and all the items on the job description were subjects I had either done myself or of which I had knowledge. The analytical test was far above my skill level, which was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Describe something really difficult that I had accomplished in either my educational or professional career; what qualities did I develop in this?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood Shores, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company's website and was contacted a few days later by a delightful recruiter. After the initial screening call, another phone call was set up with my would-be supervisor. The call was about 45 minutes long and felt more like a friendly chat than an actual interview. The following day, the recruiter got back in touch with me and set up a series of 4, 45 minute skype calls. I was also sent a series of quiz-like questions to test my competence in the role for which I applied. Over the following week, I completed the skype interviews and remained in contact with the recruiter. After my 4th skype call, I was scheduled for one final skype chat with the supervisor, where he answered any remaining questions I had and verbally offered me the position. 24 hours later, I had a written offer, which I accepted.

The interviews were not easy by any means, but were all enjoyable. Inflection employees really have a passion for what they do and are very excited and proud to discuss the direction and growth of the company. They are also very intelligent people who make it very clear that new hires will be expected to work hard and contribute right out of the gate.

The entire process was quick, smooth, and professional. I gave them my salary expectation, and they countered with a higher offer. This is a testament to the way in which Inflection values its employees.

Interview Questions

• Do you think the FCRA is outdated when considering recent developments in how data is shared and accessed?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inflection.

Interview

Applied online, HR contacted me by email to schedule a phone interview with a Sr. Financial anaylst/ Manager. No information was given by HR regarding the position, didn't say anywhere on the posting that this opening for a specific product of their company. Interviewer was horrible, her tone was demeaning, didn't discuss the details of the position until 3/4 way of the interview. Poor wording in questions, assume you know everything even for an entry level position, talk down on you when you tries to explain you are new to this field. Worse phone interview out of the 10+ interviews i had.

I am really interested in working for this company, but the interviewer was just horrible.