Inflection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Inflection

2.9

Sort:

College Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Inflection.

Interview

Absolutely terrible experience. The recruiter emailed me at all hours of the night, including one time after midnight (I happened to be up studying) to ask if I was available for a Skype interview the next morning.. They dragged the process on for about 3 months and 8 interviews, including both of the cofounders just for me to be told that I wasn't being hired. When I asked why the woman said 'There isn't a specific thing I can really point to, but we think you would be a great fit and we think you would do a fantastic job'... What??

College Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First point of contact was at my career fair. Warning- they place A LOT of emphasis on this. If you chat it up with them there and they like you, you'll pretty much be moved onto the next round.

Now this is where their process goes downhill. I had my first phone screen at the end of January, didn't hear back for three weeks. Then I get contacted to have my second phone screen at the end of February. And, lo and behold, did not hear back for ANOTHER three weeks and then was asked for ANOTHER phone screen at the end of March. When April rolled around and no news yet again, I reached out only to be told that the position has been filled already.

My qualm about their recruiting process is that it can be condensed to three weeks, yet they string their candidates along for three MONTHS. The Inflection team and the interviewers themselves were great- very personable and down to earth. But their recruiting process for their college program is inherently flawed and, for lack of a better term, inconsiderate towards the candidates.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood Shores, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company's website and was contacted a few days later by a delightful recruiter. After the initial screening call, another phone call was set up with my would-be supervisor. The call was about 45 minutes long and felt more like a friendly chat than an actual interview. The following day, the recruiter got back in touch with me and set up a series of 4, 45 minute skype calls. I was also sent a series of quiz-like questions to test my competence in the role for which I applied. Over the following week, I completed the skype interviews and remained in contact with the recruiter. After my 4th skype call, I was scheduled for one final skype chat with the supervisor, where he answered any remaining questions I had and verbally offered me the position. 24 hours later, I had a written offer, which I accepted.

The interviews were not easy by any means, but were all enjoyable. Inflection employees really have a passion for what they do and are very excited and proud to discuss the direction and growth of the company. They are also very intelligent people who make it very clear that new hires will be expected to work hard and contribute right out of the gate.

The entire process was quick, smooth, and professional. I gave them my salary expectation, and they countered with a higher offer. This is a testament to the way in which Inflection values its employees.

Interview Questions

• Do you think the FCRA is outdated when considering recent developments in how data is shared and accessed?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process and follow up was too long and disorganized. I was continually following up to see where we were at in the process.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inflection (Omaha, NE) in January 2014.

Interview

Too quick and not direct on what is needed. Seemed rushed and not prepared for typical mid management interview. I asked most of the questions which got the conversation going. I was then taken on a tour of the facilities not knowing if this was a yes to being hired?

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carnegie, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inflection (Carnegie, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was very disappointed with the way my interview process was handled. I had 2 interview rounds - 1 at the campus and then one 3 weeks after that. I had a great time talking to both the interviewers. But the next update I got after that interview was after 6 weeks. I regard Inflection very highly because of their culture, but more transparency with the candidate would be my feedback.

SEM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inflection in December 2011.

Interview

It was overall a good process. 2 phone screens followed by one session of in-person interviews. Communication during the process was not ideal, I would recommend actively reaching out if you don't hear back.

Interview Questions

• How many miles are run by people on treadmills in the US in one year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection.

Interview

I had an in person interview with one of inflection's HR representatives. The interview was very friendly and casual and none of the questions were particularly difficult or unexpected. The company seems very focused on treating employees well. The HR member was unable to answer some of the more detailed questions that I asked.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got a response within a day or so. A phone screen followed promptly. The phone screen was not very structured and less than a positive experience but I didn't feel that it was demeaning as another reviewer mentioned, although I can see it going that way for someone else. --My experience just felt loose and apathetic.

Later, I met with the hiring manager. At the conclusion of the call I was invited on-site. After that I never heard back from them. Two follow-up emails drew zero response.

Both the hiring manager and the recruiter have several years of experience which I initially regarded as a positive but I am actively interviewing right now and my experience with the Inflection team has definitely been sub-par compared to others...and the excuse of "we are just a start-up" really doesn't hold water in Silicon Valley. It's just code for "we are really unorganized" and "we are not very good at our jobs".

Having read other reviews I am going to chalk it up as a waste of time and drop it. - It seems self-defeating for a company and its employees to engage top talent and then show them how unorganized and dismissive you can be. In this job market, this is definitely not an organization worth pursuing unless you are desperate. If you are interviewing with multiple companies and want to keep your options open, I would prioritize this one lowest.

Interview Questions

• "Provide some examples of where you had to go upmarket"   Answer Question

General Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contact fairly quickly to see if I would be a good fit for this position. I was asked to respond to a set of about five questions related to the position. Then, I was emailed back to set up a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I was asked to come in for an onsite interview. I was told that an analytical test would be a component of the onsite interview. Every single interaction was professional and enjoyable. I found the recruiting team exceptional: polite, engaging and helpful/informative.

The phone interview was very conversational. I gained insight into the Company and was also given the opportunity to explain some of what I was looking for and how I could be qualified.

The one disappointment was that I felt like the analytical test was far harder than the qualifications asked for by the job description and the initial screening. I had zero problem with the initial screening questions and all the items on the job description were subjects I had either done myself or of which I had knowledge. The analytical test was far above my skill level, which was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Describe something really difficult that I had accomplished in either my educational or professional career; what qualities did I develop in this?   Answer Question