Inflection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Inflection Interview Questions

2.8

Motion Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood Shores, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

1. phone interview with general information
    2. 2nd interview with a higher up HR person
    3. in person interview with 4 different people some with design backgrounds some with a marketing "social" title.
    4. followed by weeks of not getting back to you. Having phone interviews not be finalized because their HR person forgot to schedule them.

Like many of the reviews say this place plays itself off as a "startup" and runs a puppy mill campaign actively targeting recent grads. Allowing for low wages and unqualified youngsters with "management" titles. Making for a painful in person interview full of "uh huh" and "giggly laughter" responses. The interview allows you to have lunch with your potential coworkers allowing you to see the great divide of the people who actually do work (programers, designers, sales, etc.) and the rest of the collective dorm people, 99% of which where from Boston oddly enough. Free lunches and massages and other silly perks seem to be the jedi mind trick that keeps the recent grads drinking the kool aid. When you have enough work/life experiences you realize these are simply a means to offer less salary and keep you working, no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions had nothing to do with my skill set and where merely "what can you do with our brand?" type.   1 Answer

General Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contact fairly quickly to see if I would be a good fit for this position. I was asked to respond to a set of about five questions related to the position. Then, I was emailed back to set up a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I was asked to come in for an onsite interview. I was told that an analytical test would be a component of the onsite interview. Every single interaction was professional and enjoyable. I found the recruiting team exceptional: polite, engaging and helpful/informative.

The phone interview was very conversational. I gained insight into the Company and was also given the opportunity to explain some of what I was looking for and how I could be qualified.

The one disappointment was that I felt like the analytical test was far harder than the qualifications asked for by the job description and the initial screening. I had zero problem with the initial screening questions and all the items on the job description were subjects I had either done myself or of which I had knowledge. The analytical test was far above my skill level, which was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Describe something really difficult that I had accomplished in either my educational or professional career; what qualities did I develop in this?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood Shores, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company's website and was contacted a few days later by a delightful recruiter. After the initial screening call, another phone call was set up with my would-be supervisor. The call was about 45 minutes long and felt more like a friendly chat than an actual interview. The following day, the recruiter got back in touch with me and set up a series of 4, 45 minute skype calls. I was also sent a series of quiz-like questions to test my competence in the role for which I applied. Over the following week, I completed the skype interviews and remained in contact with the recruiter. After my 4th skype call, I was scheduled for one final skype chat with the supervisor, where he answered any remaining questions I had and verbally offered me the position. 24 hours later, I had a written offer, which I accepted.

The interviews were not easy by any means, but were all enjoyable. Inflection employees really have a passion for what they do and are very excited and proud to discuss the direction and growth of the company. They are also very intelligent people who make it very clear that new hires will be expected to work hard and contribute right out of the gate.

The entire process was quick, smooth, and professional. I gave them my salary expectation, and they countered with a higher offer. This is a testament to the way in which Inflection values its employees.

Interview Questions

• Do you think the FCRA is outdated when considering recent developments in how data is shared and accessed?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inflection.

Interview

Applied online, HR contacted me by email to schedule a phone interview with a Sr. Financial anaylst/ Manager. No information was given by HR regarding the position, didn't say anywhere on the posting that this opening for a specific product of their company. Interviewer was horrible, her tone was demeaning, didn't discuss the details of the position until 3/4 way of the interview. Poor wording in questions, assume you know everything even for an entry level position, talk down on you when you tries to explain you are new to this field. Worse phone interview out of the 10+ interviews i had.

I am really interested in working for this company, but the interviewer was just horrible.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very laid back interview process. I had one phone interview with HR, and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. After I passed those, I came in for a series of one on one and group interviews with the various groups I'd be working with. No one asked how many cups of coffee Starbucks sells in a year. All of the questions asked were related to my experience and the projects I had worked for.

Once an offer was extended, the HR team answered all of my questions thoroughly and quickly.

Interview Questions

• What were my feelings on the Edward Snowden disclosures?   Answer Question

College Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First point of contact was at my career fair. Warning- they place A LOT of emphasis on this. If you chat it up with them there and they like you, you'll pretty much be moved onto the next round.

Now this is where their process goes downhill. I had my first phone screen at the end of January, didn't hear back for three weeks. Then I get contacted to have my second phone screen at the end of February. And, lo and behold, did not hear back for ANOTHER three weeks and then was asked for ANOTHER phone screen at the end of March. When April rolled around and no news yet again, I reached out only to be told that the position has been filled already.

My qualm about their recruiting process is that it can be condensed to three weeks, yet they string their candidates along for three MONTHS. The Inflection team and the interviewers themselves were great- very personable and down to earth. But their recruiting process for their college program is inherently flawed and, for lack of a better term, inconsiderate towards the candidates.

Fresh 15 - Content Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took two months, interviewed with different individuals at inflection. It seems like a great place to work but they really strung me along. Interview topics ranged from technical to team skills/personality to theoretical. My recruiter insisted that I was really great and would do great things in the world, but then told me they were going with someone else :( The reason they gave was that my writing would be too "SEO focused"

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between content marketing & advertising? How do you work in teams? How do you resolve disputes among coworkers?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Inflection (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Introduce myself and talk about my resume and portfolio. I have described 3 projects I have and answer some questions they proposed. They are very kind and answer a lot of questions. I like to talk with them.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carnegie, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inflection (Carnegie, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was very disappointed with the way my interview process was handled. I had 2 interview rounds - 1 at the campus and then one 3 weeks after that. I had a great time talking to both the interviewers. But the next update I got after that interview was after 6 weeks. I regard Inflection very highly because of their culture, but more transparency with the candidate would be my feedback.

Senior Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Inflection (Redwood Shores, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially, I just met a few members of the team over lunch, very relaxed and stress free. I got a chance to meet with a few of the directors and discussed general IT and the projects that we were involved in. Was just a friendly lunch for us to get to know each other, no pressure at all and no expectations.

The actual interview was fun and low pressure. It was more like meeting new friends than an interview. We chatted about many things DevOps related and methodologies I use to solve problems. We went over everything from high-level Git workflows to dirty details (the actual commands I would run to find the needle in a hay stack and the detailed steps to distribute information with Configuration Management tools).

I met individually with a few members of the team to assess my skill level at first. A bit later, I met with most of the group as a whole to chat about high level items and verify my personality would be a good fit. I really got the impression that personality fit was just as important as skills assessment.

I was given time to ask lots of questions about day-to-day tasks and many details of the architecture. I was given open and honest answers, and also given insight into where the issues lie and my responsibilities in my role. I was given a clear description of my role, the IT team and my place on the team.

Interview Questions

• What was the largest project you've worked on in your current position?
      What's your level of experience with VMware products?
      How would you manage users accounts with configuration management?
      1 Answer