Inn At Little Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Inn At Little Washington

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Washington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Inn At Little Washington (Little Washington, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

sent me resume through their website. did not hear back from them. Later went saw them at a job fair and they practically offered me job on the spot.I came back later for an interview because I wasn't prepared. I wondered why I never heard from them the first time. I actually have sent my resume a few years early but they never answered.

Interview Questions

• one of the managers (don't know his name)
      have I worked in fine dining before (no)?
      do you have an interest in working in a 5 star restaurant?
      Have I bar tended before? (no)
      have I worked in a hotel? (yes)
      do I know much about wine? (not much, but a little)
      they gave me a test to see what I know. I can't even remember the questions because they were so abstract. They asked about cheeses, and wines, and teas and things I had never heard of before. They offered me a position but I felt like I was not really qualified because they only offered me 50% of what I thought they were paying. I eventually took a job in Fairfax and made a lot more money without having to know about some weird cheeses or teas or wine questions. I now make much more than i could have there and they are supposed to be the best.
      1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inn At Little Washington (Washington, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

My mother worked in the department, so I was never really formally interviewed, but I did sit in on a couple of interviews while I was being considered for the supervisor position. You meet with the human resources director for an interview, then with the manager or supervisor of the department you're applying for for a tour and some questions. For housekeeping, at least, the interview is pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience?   1 Answer
    • Can you handle the physical requirements of the job?   1 Answer
    • Can you work weekends and holidays?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any children/obligations outside of work?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Morning Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inn At Little Washington (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

I initially got involved with The Inn through a career shadowing with my high school. This led to an internship which led to an offer for a full-time position, which I accepted. The entire process took about two years with the final two steps taking place over the course of six months. As for employment means outside of an internship, I would recommend submitting an online application and getting in touch with the Director of HR as well as the Executive Sous Chef. These individuals would be your best bet to getting your foot in the door. Be steadfast and keep up with your candidacy. They recieve hundreds of applications every month and you'll need to be patient as well as persistent.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately in my case, I never had to partake in a formal interview. They require each potential employee/intern to partake in a stage before being offered a position. Bring you're A-game and ask lots of questions to show you interest and dedication to the craft.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A