Innosight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Innosight Interview Questions

3.4

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting; submitted resume, cover letter, and transcript. Was contacted for first-round interviews, consisting of two 30-minute sessions, mix of standard behaviorals (walk me through your resume, why consulting, why Innosight) and short case (growth opportunities based on consumer segmentation, constructing investment portfolio). Utilized graphics and charts.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Innosight in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the Summer Analyst position. Was interviewed by a former analyst, who is now working in the New York office full time. On phone for 30 minutes before being cut short by interviewer, saying that was all the time she had to speak about the topic and gave me some advice.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Innosight.

Interview

Got scouted from a college recruiting event, interviewed with an alumni working at Innosight and another associate. Got a call back and then had a phone interview, afterwards got an in-person case interview with 5 different senior analysts and consultants in the company. Was given 2 different case studies on the spot to analyze, approach, and solve. Very rigorous interview but very interesting approach.

Interview Questions

• How my background was relevant and could be of use? How I could approach things differently?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA).

Interview

High level strategy cases focusing on top line growth and innovation. Process was very extensive. Two, 45 min phone interviews (case+fit). Was invited for the final round within a week. Final round consisted of multiple one on one interviews (two with partners).

Fantastic process. Appreciated their concerted efforts to make me comfortable and really make me understand the kind of work they do. The experience during the final round convinced me that this was the firm for me!

Interview Questions

• All interviews were case+fit. Cases focused on growth strategy. Creativity is encouraged.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Innosight in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was split 50/50 between case and behavioral. The 30 minute case interview asked for you to make a recommendation after analyzing the client problem. The interviewer seemed more interested in the problem-solving process and questions asked than the solution or specific concepts explored. They offered lots of information to help with the case and mostly allowed me to drive the discussion. The behavioral interview was 30 minutes with a different member of the company. They wanted to know about my specific interest in consulting and the company. Lastly they had me do an activity and asked what I thought its significance might be in the context of their practice. Both interviewers were very kind and supportive, continuing to live up to the reputation that the people are great to work with and have a love for learning. This is just the first interview, then you may be invited to a day-long interview at their office. That interview determines whether or not an offer is extended.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that we would not know from your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The process is not yet complete, but from the initial interview I have gotten invited to the "super day" which is a day-long interview at their office.

Associate Interview

Interview

All interview communications email-based. First round by phone (1 hour) followed by multi-person half day in-person interview. Offer extended after 3 week delay by email and a phone call from junior HR team member.

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Innosight.

Interview

There was an on-campus interview, followed by a super-day at the company's office. I did not get through the second round. In the on-campus interview, there was one behavioral and one case-based interview. They gave us a 3-D puzzle to solve in the behavioral interview and asked general questions like "walk me through your resume" and "why innosight?"

Interview Questions

• Case: The client was an athletic apparel and sports company, mainly manufacturing shoes. They were already conducting some sustainable practices, but had not publicized them to their target market (15-18 year old youths). The question was to figure out whether they should publicize it, to find out whether their target market cared and come up with means to advertise it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babson Park, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Innosight (Babson Park, MA).

Interview

It was an OCR interview. The first 30 min interview was a fit interview, asking about your ideas for innovation and how you would go about solving large problems.

The second interview was a case where they gave you extremely limited information and wanted you to come up with solutions more than how you would go about solving the problem.

Interview Questions

• They gave you a 3D puzzle to attempt.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through school career center website and received an email from the recruiting manager a few weeks later. I had two phone interviews and a 5 hour case interview (involved working with another candidate interviewing for a different position--Associate) at the office that reflected the project progression at Innosight.

Interview Questions

• I received a deck to look through and prepare thoughts on before actually presenting recommendations during the interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Innosight (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone screening, which took about 30 minutes. I had two more 30-45 min. phone interviews which were part case, part fit. I was told by an employee I knew at the firm not to prepare very structured responses or use specific frameworks (think Case in Point). The case on the first interview was about a company trying to test a new idea very quickly and for very little money and how they should go about it. The second interview was about a more traditional healthcare case, and I did feel that being more familiar with traditional frameworks was what they were expecting.