InnovaSystems International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InnovaSystems International (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone screen and an on-site interview a week later. Quick and easy process. Office environment wasn't really what I was looking for but mostly everyone was nice.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InnovaSystems International (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The application process was good. I was brought into a room with 3 or 4 people and asked a series of questions. It lasted about an hour. Most of the questions revolved around cultural fit. Some technical questions. I was asked to talk about my history as a developer. They are an agile shop. I was then told that someone would get back to me. 3 weeks later after several phone calls of leaving messages to the HR Manger I finally received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• List the values that you live by. What is the reason you are leaving your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR manager finally sent me an offer letter that was well below the market value of my position according to salary.com. He gave me some lame explanation when he finally called me back about why he wishes he could give me more but this is a privately held company. I then had to email the HR person back about how I was not happy with the offer. It was 12K less the mean for my position. t took him forever to respond. After nearly six weeks I finally accepted an offer.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at InnovaSystems International (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The interview process was not clear to me and I do not think that the person that hired me followed company procedures. I was solicited at a regional meeting and then I wasn't interviewed as much as brought into the office and "sold" the position. I was hesitant to accept the position because I did not have the background one would expect for the job, but the person hiring me assured me that I would be ok. I was hired and worked there for 2 years, but I was laid off in one of the first rounds of lay offs. I wish the hiring process had been followed or the person hiring me would have had repercussions for not following procedures as it lead to a lot of other inappropriate behavior and conduct.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negotiate, but I was not familiar with the consulting price points, so I should have asked for more money.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InnovaSystems International (Norfolk, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone first, face to face second. Face to face was with existing BA, lead BA, and Business Unit Lead. Questions were catered towards BA roles and responsibilities at previous job/role as a BA.

Interview Questions

• Where was your last employer located and who is the president?   1 Answer

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InnovaSystems International (Draper, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

Initially I was contacted by an HR representative who handled the process from the beginning to the time I received an offer. Normal questions about my current skills and desires for work environment, etc. Then I had a phone interview with one of the managers at the Salt Lake location, asking me some of the same questions. An interview on location followed. I was asked to prepare a short presentation on a situation in which a database would be helpful. I answered many database development related questions. The offer was made by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• I struggled the most with questions about technologies I hadn't had experience with yet.   Answer Question

Interview

Referred by an employee and was contacted by the hiring manager the next day. Interview was scheduled and held within the same week. They recommended coming in to meet the team and the interviews and company tour were very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about letting a poorly performing peer know they were producing substandard work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only one back and forth. The offer was on the table quite quickly and they were very responsive.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at InnovaSystems International in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter who thought I was a good fit for the position. After speaking about the job and agreeing on our mutual interest, we had a quick phone interview. The recruiter then determined I would be a good candidate and asked that I have a phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later.

The interview went fairly well. I knew the answers to most of the technical questions. If the manager liked my response, he always asked a followup question that was more in depth or that expanded on my answer. He assured me that it didn't matter if I knew the answer and that he was just trying to get a feel for what I knew.

Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InnovaSystems International.

Interview

Phone Screen with HR.
    Phone Screen with knowledgeable person in the field.
    In Person interview, on site, panel

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Requested additional vacation, declined.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at InnovaSystems International (Norfolk, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

3 person panel with round robin questions. Questions were not too difficult and centered on actual experience. Was asked two odd-ball questions about last employment like who was the company president, which I assumed were questions to keep me on my toes.

Interview Questions

• Describe your business analysis experience at your last position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was strictly on salary and using the glassdoor BA average salaries really helped to start the range.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at InnovaSystems International in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an Innova recruiter through LinkedIn then had a phone screen with him, a technical phone screen with a longstanding lead developer, and an in-person "murder board" panel interview with nearly nearly ten interviewers who had well over 100 years of combined military experience.

Innova uses behavioral interviewing techniques extensively. Between behavioral and technical questions, they pretty thoroughly assess your personality and skills.

Interview Questions

• How might your approach data synchronization between home guard, deployed units, and their subdeployments?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward.