Insightly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.8

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insightly (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Process took about 33 days including BG. Reached out by recruiter through LinkedIn. Phone screen with recruiter to vet interest and possible fit through work history. Once passed, 2nd call with Director of sales which focuses on sales process and work history.
    Next is the in person, a 2 hour long process to meet with the Director of Sales Enablement (focuses on sales methodology, if you know your stuff and how coachable you are), VP of Sales (focuses on your ability to see the big picture as well as being able to map out your thought process), Director of Sales (alrdy spoke on the phone so this was more of a mock sales pitch) & Sales Manager (just to see if he can work with you and how you fit into the culture). This was an impressive bunch as not only do they no their stuff but they will challenge you on anything that lack clarity. I loved it bc it showed me the true type of people I would be working for and with. Got a follow up call to gauge interest and an offer literally an hr later that is contingent on BG and references.

Only negative was their background check process. Not so much as their fault as the company they uses (horrible experience before and now). But the company HR handled it perfectly. Accepted the offer and moved forward.

Interview Questions

• Let's do a role play of a discovery call!   1 Answer
    • Three most important things to your career?   1 Answer
    • What do you like about Insightly? Why and what makes us different?   1 Answer
    • Deal size and sales process...   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insightly.

Interview

First talked to the HR, then had a phone screen with the engineer for an hour. All the questions are just some basic algorithm questions. About three days later they told me they decide to move forward with other candidates. They said that I did a good job on the phone screen, but feel like my background is not the right fit for this position. If you think my background is not the right fit, then why bother to have the phone screen?

Video Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insightly.

Interview

Probably the best experience, considering I didn't get an offer. They wrote follow-up email to the application, I had two phone interviews, and came in for a 3 hour in person interview.

The only negative part is I was told about a product and immediately asked to pitch a video with storyboard about it. I would have liked to have time to actually consider this, instead of being told to basically get up and come up with something now (like a normal video project would go).

After the interview their recruiter kept in contact with me, and gave me a call to tell me their decision to continue with someone else, which is something I respect. The company put a lot more care into their candidates, which is something I respect since most companies send a generic 'better luck next time' if they decide to respond at all. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your critique on the videos we've done previously?   Answer Question

.NET Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insightly (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone conversation with technical recruiter followed by 2 technical screenings and an on-site interview. The whole process was pleasant, I applied online and a technical recruiter called me the following day.

The onsite interview took about 4 hours, I spoke with about 5-6 people, including the VP of Engineering and the CEO. Bulk of the interview was technical questions, no real surprises there. Everyone was down to earth and easy to talk to, at the same time I got a sense of focus on delivering a high quality product.

The whole experience was positive, so I was happy when they decided to extend an offer to me, however I ultimately decided to go with another opportunity.

Interview Questions

• On the technical side: implementing hashing function in the context of URL shortener, designing a database for a review/blog site   Answer Question

Negotiation

I found the offer fair to begin with (money + options), and it seems I could have gotten more cash had I asked for it

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Standard collabedit tech screen followed by onsite (and possibly 2). Most of the people were pretty cool but one of the guys was extremely rude and kept cutting me off. Really dodged a bullet here if I had to be working for/with him. General .NET questions about keywords, algorithms and database stuff

Interview Questions

• General .NET questions about keywords, algorithms and database stuff   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insightly (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Typical interview process, first round with HR on the phone and then technical interview with team lead on the phone. The HR lady was very friendly, but they did not come back with any response for weeks.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insightly (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with the CEO and he asked easy basic questions. then in-person interview with 2 team members and CEO. team members asked the typical interview questions and when the CEO came in he just talked and didnt really ask any questions. It took about 1 hour in total

Interview Questions

• tell me strengths, weaknesses, a time you failed, biggest professional success   1 Answer

Senior QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insightly (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me from LinkedIn. I had HR call and then had phone screen with one of QA Manager. She asked general QA questions related to Selenium and Automation, I did pretty well with all questions. They seems looking for QA who can do both manual & Automation. She asked me very silly questions about automation and told me they have problem resolving that issue and I gave her solution, based on this I will not accept offer if they provide one

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Insightly (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied on linkedin. The process took 2 weeks. Excellent follow up by phone and email reminders. Had a phone interview, and was invited to come on-site. When I arrived on-site, I interviewed with 2 managers and 2 team members. I was later invited to meet the CEO for a final interview. They made me feel very welcome.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard questions. They asked about background, some situational questions, my skill set, and my future goals.   Answer Question

.NET Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Insightly (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted on Angellist regarding this position. The process involved an initial phone screen followed by an onsite.
    Everyone on the team that interviewed me seemed very excited to work there. People there are very and from what I saw extremely hardworking; The culture seems to be one of the best ive seen thus far (based on my interaction with everyone). Very friendly and diverse people and ultra col work environment. The company seems to have a good head on its shoulders and is growing fast.
    I joined the team for friday happy hour drinks post interview :). The office is located in San Francisco and is walking distance from the downtown core. Truly one of the best and most memorable interview experiences Ive had so far.
    I did receive a great offer from them but unfortunately I had to decline (very tough decision actually) as I had a competing offer for a Machine Learning position that would have been a better fit for me given my background & experience. Overall I loved the company and its culture and will keep an eye on them for the future