Insightly Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Anthony Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Insightly in a Nutshell"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Insightly full-time

Pros

Insightly has one of the best cultures you could imagine. It seemed like the teams have morale from sales to CS to engineering. The perks side of things are great, anyperk, stocked kitchen, great PTO, etc which is something that people of course love. The product has made some major improvements over time but of course always room for more. There is some room for growth but it's only recently been a little more transparent.

Cons

The CS team has amazing feedback after talking to thousands of customers however this feedback is not really taken into consideration by the main product decision maker which happens to be the CEO. It feels like there isn't a sense for who the product is for so the company is pulling in multiple directions and not making substantial progress. Although it always seems like there is exciting features coming out, the launches are always lack luster and never as desirable. I saw some great plans by a former designer and those were easily dismissed unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Your employees want to stick around and help make the product great but managers need to be role models/mentors, not micro managers and help the employee grow so they stay with the company.

"Do NOT join this company! All they do is LIE, from the first interview and beyond!!! "Sell you!""

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Insightly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free water? Not too many pros at all with this company, upsettingly... The vibe on the sales floor is terrible, and they know it.

Cons

They lie to you from the beginning during the interview process. They get you in, and micro manage you from the start to finish. They treat you like you're fresh out of college, and they have no sensor. They've broken many HR policies the last 8 months I was there, and nothing has changed. Their excuse "we're a start up, in the early stage". That's the only excuse they have for all their issues. The product is clunky and doesn't work 1/2 the time. 0 trust throughout the floor/company in general.

Advice to Management

Get new management... That is all I can say without getting negative. From what a leader at Insightly says, "I'm being honest."

"Amazing Environment, Product and People"

Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone that I have met and worked with here have been kind, helpful and down to earth. They also have a great kitchen, that is fully stocked at all times! We even get massages on Wednesdays.

Cons

As of now, I there are no cons that come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Growing Fast"

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

Insightly has a significant user (1.5M) and customer base (30K companies) in the $40B CRM mega market. The company is growing fast by completely scaling a sales team this year. It's exciting and the momentum is palpable.

We are expanding our market presence beyond small businesses to the mid market. Furthermore, we are shifting from a pure self-service business to a sales-assisted motion. This is a great learning opportunity, but also fraught with challenges and risks.

Cons

We are growing perhaps too quickly. Managing the internal processes, roles and responsibilities is critical to our success, and currently is too chaotic and ill defined.

We are taking too long to build the connective tissue needed to manage this growth.

Advice to Management

Focus on the following:

1) Better articulation of our go to market strategy

2) Greater definition and rigor around the product roadmap

3) Build the cultural and departmental processes needed to avoid silos

"Current Employee"

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

The people make this company. Everyone is happy to show up every day and work as a team. We also have a wonderful snack selection and they keep the fridge stocked. Catered lunch on Friday and perfect downtown San Francisco location.

Cons

Typical startup growing pains but not bad.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees.

"Great culture and potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome company culture, people actually stay around during happy hours! Great work/life balance.

Cons

CEO needs to trust his employee to do there job and delegate the day to day more.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture going! Company is growing very fast, management should try and be more transparent with whats going internally.

"Love the product and the BEST culture I have seen in a LONG TIME!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working here. I am really passionate about the SAAS space and I have always been an advocate of a good piece of software making strides to go leaps and beyond boundaries of all others!

The teams are all very passionate and excited from Engineering to Product, Sales, Marketing all the way to Customer Care. I once heard our Head of Recruiting and HR say, that "behind every great product there are passionate and smart people who love working together to make things happen, and that is who we hire!" I could not agree more as that is apparent starting from her team to everyone her team brings in and I interview.

My team can be quirky but every addition seems to have passion for the space and love the product! The passion is also very much driven by our CEO.

Cons

Growing fast is never easy! Keeping the culture fun and interactive is always a challenge. Hard personalities and passion mixes into daily worklife, but that is just the nature of a job!

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Don't lose the Insightly identity internally or externally as we go upstream.

"Recent changes have shown that the executives don't care about employees"

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

The people are great. You get free meals every Friday. Massages every other Wednesday.

Cons

Recent changes have been made that benefit Insightly while hurting employees.

Now is not the time to work here.

"Favoritism and Career Death"

Former Employee - CSM
    Former Employee - CSM

I worked at Insightly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free snacks and drinks, but everyone likes free food.

Cons

While Insightly does have a few pros, they have more cons. One of them being favoritism. The favoritism is so bad that managers don't even say goodbye to certain employees on their last day. Sorry, not everyone likes to go out and drink.

The second con being lack of career advancement. The company will lie and say they are looking at internal candidates first, but that's just a ruse to fake career growth. For certain departments, employees are treated like second-class citizens with no chance to grow their skills. Be careful what job you take with Insightly because you may have to wait 2-5 years before they even promote you.

In the end, it's not worth working here unless you want to be stuck in the same role forever.

Advice to Management

Treat long-term employees with better respect. Hire internally first because they know your product, business model, and customers.

Stop making long-term employees feel they need to quit to find career growth

"Excellent Workplace"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Insightly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent San Francisco Start-Up culture.
    Management has REALLY improved over the years.
    Company is fairly stable.
    Work is interesting and you learn a lot, but not too difficult or stressful.
    Company is growing rapidly.
    Good perks comparable to the Bay Area.

Cons

There are some minor growing pain like dishes in the sink, good snacks get eaten very fast, annoying but nothing too serious.

Advice to Management

Scalling is a unavoidable problem that must be delt with, both in the software and as a company.