Insightly Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anthony Smith

"Growing company with a very positive outlook for 2018!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Insightly for over 2 years. I think Insightly has a great product that is rapidly evolving to catch up to the bigger players in the space.

Insightly has very smart and thoughtful leaders in place. The CS team is always finding fun ways to perk up the day! Coming from another fast-growing, fun start-up, I did not think I could have found anything better. Indeed, I did. I enjoy working with all of the teams. Everyone is extremely cooperative and helpful. The hours are far more work-life balance oriented than what I was used to in my previous employer. Insightly makes it a point to make sure we have plenty of snacks and many fun, new beverages daily. I should thank the Office Manager who selects the snacks and also helps with planning our team events, which never fail to be anything short of FANTASTIC!

We are growing quickly, but are maintaining a close-knit feeling. The product is also evolving rapidly and creating more and more buzz in the CRM industry. My favorite perks are our Wednesday massages and fun engineering team! yes, THEY ARE ACTUALLY FUN! We have a growing sales culture and they are also keeping things interesting!! The one other thing I should say is that the recruiting team really seems to care about the people they hire and how they fit the culture as well as keeping employees involved and happy. I also really like the product teams tries to collaborate with every other team in the company. The special thanks there goes to our Videographer!!

I also should mention what no one else does, the office is located so conveniently, next to Bart. I get my STEPS in too. It is also a very nice office with fun, big, orange couches that are super comfortable and bean bags that are located conveniently by the sunny bright open windows you can get some vitamin D and work done next to.

Cons

We are growing quickly, which is a plus, but we need to make sure we stay cohesive. Every team has to work together like glue, seamlessly.

The CEO should take more perspective daily from his employees.

There are always on or two employees who are not happy but eventually, they will find what fits him/her.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your teams, the support shows! Keep working together to make the product, features, and integrations better. Listen to your teams actively.

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly (More than a year)

Pros

HERE it is people! I love working here. I wake up and have a 15-minute commute, The elevator says "Goodmorning'! I get in at 9:45am, I have an English muffin and espresso for FREE! I start work with an awesome team of bright people ready to take on the day! If it's Friday, I get a catered lunch! If it's Wednesday I get a massage!
    After work, we have a full bar!! Had a stressful day, have a beer! Won a deal, have a scotch....

Ok, for all the negative reviews prior, I can see how maybe you had a bad day and someone does not want to hear out an idea of yours, but that will happen at any company, BIG, SMALL, your own!!?? Maybe if you are the CEO, some days you would not even agree with yourself! Being a leader isn't easy but you should constantly be listening to your employees!

Cons

We don't have a rooftop deck. We don't have a swimming pool and I can't bring my dog!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and keep your ears to the ground.

"New to the Insightly team!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am fairly new to Insightly but I do like working here.

Perks:
    Clipper card
    Snacks
    Massages
    Convenient location
    My indirect manager is a good mentor
    Happy Hour
    Nice office
    Solid functioning Engineering team
    Very diverse team
    Great Benefits

Cons

Many new people and new faces, it is hard to learn them all. The CEO should ask everyone about feedback on every level. A few more all hands meetings would not hurt.

Advice to Management

For the most part, everyone seems very positive and happy. The Engineering team has a very jovial demeanor. Keep listening to your team and giving them good and fair feedback.

5. "Nice people, good product!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Insightly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Insightly was great!I left for a better job, and bigger company. I worked with this company before and they asked me to reapply. I miss the people at Insightly. I made many good friends there.

Cons

In engineering some projects may take a longer time to spend on. Also, working on different projects would be better.

Advice to Management

n/a

"Solid product, solid business"

Former Employee - Localization in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Localization in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Insightly (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid product, great CRM for small businesses
    Solid subscription business
    Great people to work with, no drama

Cons

No cons really, it was a great place to work for 3 years

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, Awesome team!!
    Open environment
    Love to work in such a great company

Cons

Not much to say .

"Good company with a great culture and founder"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- Transparent management
    - Can do, work culture and spirit
    - Opportunities to do meaningful work
    - Massages on Thursdays
    - Lunch on Fridays
    - Commuting expenses covered with Clipper card
    - Lots of drinks and snacks

Cons

- Not really any major cons

Advice to Management

Anthony is awesome for creating a family culture. CEO's aren't supposed to be setting up people's computers though!

"Great culture"

Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In addition to having a great potential to succeed, Insightly is simply a great place to work. Lots of smart people with strong backgrounds and experience. Great balance as compared to other growing companies and a lot of opportunities to make an impact.

Cons

Insightly is still growing, so naturally resources are not always available. Something to keep in mind if you are coming from a larger company and are used to big budgets.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the talented people who make Insightly successful as a business and a team.

"Great company, great culture"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly (Less than a year)

Pros

I have great experience working in Insightly, very family type environment. Great people and management!
    The office is newly remodeled, located in beautiful neighborhood with lots of restaurants around, easily accessible by freeways.

Cons

On game days outside gets too crowded, as the office is off AT&T park.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great place for ambitious people who want to learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

-Insightly is a great place to work if you have a desire to "wear multiple hats," and/or do things outside of the scope of your typical job description.

-Management is typically supportive of new ideas and suggestions, and in most cases, will encourage you to tackle any opportunities you discover for improvement.

-Great work/ life balance.

Cons

Pay is on the lower end of what you can expect from a SF Bay Area firm and the benefits are less than you can expect from most star-ups (no 401K match, no bonuses)

The lack of process can sometimes be frustrating, for some.

Advice to Management

-Make sure that as we grow, you maintain the amount of transparency your provide today.
    -Look into paying more and/or offering variable bonus structure to retain employees longer.