Insperity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Insperity

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Insperity (Humble, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Declined without a recruiter contacting me. Met all of the requirements for the position. I’ve applied multiple times to Insperity but their recruiters always decline my candidacy even though I’m a strong applicant.

I think you have to know someone internally to be hired; not an equal opportunity employer.

Interview Questions

Insperity Response

Jun 22, 2020 – Director, Recruiting Services

Thank you for your review. We hire employees based on their professional background, the skills they bring to the table and their fit with our corporate culture. We strive to create a positive candidate experience for all of our job applicants and want to ensure that your concerns are addressed. If you would like, please feel free to contact us at corporaterecruiting@insperity.com to discuss your concerns.

BPA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Interview

After being recruited through LinkedIn I was curious enough about the company to take another call and a eventual 1 hour virtual interview. I hadn’t heard of Insperity, but I learned they were a staffing agency similar to paychex and adp.
    The call lasted 30 minutes, total, I was told that the regional and district manager would be on the call. In fact it was a “seasoned” salesperson who did all the talking and just the DM who sat quietly.
    Personally I wouldn’t have accepted the role if they had offered, they didn’t.
    As a matter of fact they didn’t follow up until the following week with a standard boilerplate reject. I could picture them copying and pasting new names on the same letter.
    Being that they are based out of Houston and don’t actually have a physical office where my location would be, just a Regus. If I was going go with a sales role I stick with a tri-net or one of the previously mentioned companies. I’ve had experience with the other three in previous roles but never insperity.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions off my resume.   1 Answer

Apr 1, 2020 – Director, Recruiting Services

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to provide a great candidate experience for all, while selecting the best fit for each position. We’re always open to hearing how we can improve our interview and hiring process. If you’d like to discuss this further, please reach out to us at corporaterecruiting@insperity.com.

BPA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Insperity (New York, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

You first interview with the TA team, then they refer you to your direct report.
    Standard process, although there were not any formal introductions.
    Tell us about a time when you had to overcome adversity.
    Are you coachable?
    This is purely a Biz Dev role. There are no lists and previous customers to call, you have to go network and cold call to find new opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about time you had to overcome adversity in your role.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a no?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insperity (Kingwood, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

Two online interviews. One via telephone, one on Skype.

Both interviews were about 30 minutes each. Asked basic behavioral questions, explained the program well, and allowed plenty of time for asking questions.

Interview Questions

Insperity Response

Mar 30, 2020 – Director, Recruiting Services

Welcome to the Insperity family! We appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback on our interview process, and we’re glad you’ll be joining us!

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Insperity (Seattle, WA) in February 2020.

Interview

I had a Recruiter reach out to me on LinkedIn to see if I would be interested in a Sales Role. It wasn't even a job I applied for. I was responsive and did everything the recruiter asked including sending in my resume, applying online, and gave her dates/times I was available. We had a VERY early morning interview and she just never called, never emailed, never messaged, nothing. I wrote her the morning of our scheduled interview to check in and makes sure I hadn't made a mistake about date/time (which I know I didn't) and I just never heard anything. It would be one thing if I had applied and not heard back... but to be actively recruited for a role and have an interviewer completely stand you up with no explanation is unacceptable.

Feb 19, 2020 – Director, Recruiting Services

Thank you for providing feedback on our interview process. We want to provide the best possible experience for all applicants, and will do our best to address your concerns. If you’d like to discuss this further, please reach out to us at corporaterecruiting@insperity.com.

Business Performance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insperity (Glendale, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Straightforward interview with branch manager and divisional out of the Glendale office. They decided to go another direction which was fine, as I ended up receiving a much better offer elsewhere. Would have been nice to receive follow up messages after sending thank you emails to management, which I thought was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Insperity Response

Mar 23, 2020 – Director, Recruiting Services

We welcome any and all feedback regarding our hiring process. Though we’re sorry to hear your experience wasn’t the best it could be, rest assured we’ll always work to provide the best candidate experience possible. Please contact us at corporaterecruiting@insperity.com if you wish to discuss your concerns.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Interview

A recruiter emailed me asking when I would be available to discuss an opportunity. We agreed on a time and day, then they didn’t call. I emailed twice and received no response. I was at work and blocked out time and a conference room to speak to them. I did research on the company and prepared, why waste my time like that?

Jan 23, 2020 – Director, Recruiting Services

We’re very sorry to hear of your poor experience. We would love the opportunity to address your concerns so that we may improve our recruiting and hiring process for future applicants. Please feel free to contact us at corporaterecruiting@insperity.com in order to discuss this further.

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Insperity.

Interview

Overall, the process was confusing as I met with two separate hiring managers, including their boss, was told by one that they wanted to bring me onto their team and told by another that I was an ideal candidate that they didn't want to keep waiting, only to get a call from the recruiter a few days later that they weren't moving forward due to concerns about how much of a sales "hunter" I was. I didn't push for feedback or clarity since I was already concerned at this point about the lack of diversity in their senior leadership, especially for an HR company. (Since then, I've seen team and office pictures on LinkedIn where the group is all white colleagues.)

Interview Questions

• General questions about my background, why I wanted to work for the company, and how I dealt with rejection from leads.   Answer Question

Nov 19, 2019 – Director, Recruiting Services

We would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to help us evaluate our interview process. However, we are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience during the interview process. We strive to create a positive candidate experience for all of our job applicants and our employees and want to ensure that your concerns are addressed. If you would like, please feel free to contact us directly at corporaterecruiting@insperity.com.

Background Check Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insperity.

Interview

It was clear that the recruiter didn't look at my resume until she was interviewing me. She was not professional at all. She sounded like a robot, just listing the questions out and not trying to make it more of a conversation. She didn't realize how far I lived....its there job to look that up! Not for me to tell you. After the interview with her, it makes me not really want to apply in the future.

Interview Questions

Insperity Response

Aug 19, 2019 – Director, Recruiting Services

We appreciate you alerting us to your concerns during your recent interview with one of our recruiters. We are always looking for feedback so that we may continue to improve going forward. Please contact us at corporaterecruiting@insperity.com if you would like to discuss your experience further.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Insperity (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

When I saw the job description and read about the company, I was so excited to apply! I was contacted within a few days of my application by email from a corporate recruiter with Insperity. The email said she would like to schedule a phone interview and to let me know when is best for her to call me. I immediately wrote back and set a time for her to call. The day and time passed with no call or email from the recruiter. I emailed her again and she set up a NEW time/day. This time she called and the phone interview went great. She was very nice and pleasant on the phone. I described my current position and she kept making comments that they were looking for someone with that exact experience. The call was about 20 min and she advised that she was going to contact the hiring manager right away and he was going to want to start interviews immediately. She asked my schedule for the next week and she would give me a call Monday morning to set up the interview. She also advised she was sending over info for a background check and and assessment. She also sent over benefits info for me to look at “to get a head start on knowing more about being an employee here”. I completed all required documents and sent a thank you email to her. Monday came and went with no call or email AGAIN. I was trying not to rush her but I did not want to miss this opportunity with Insperity. Nothing Tuesday so on Wednesday, after still no call/email. I sent an email just to follow up on when the interview would be scheduled since she said she it would be asap. Within a few minutes, I received an email with one sentence saying they went with another candidate. I was pretty surprised since the position was still posted online and the phone interview went so well. Insperity seems like such an amazing company and this does not deter me from applying again but the recruiter came off lazy, unprofessional and I kept having to chase her down. After reading other reviews, it sounds like this has happened a lot. I have been in HR for 12 years and as a recruiter for much of that time and her behavior is pretty strange and does not represent the company very well.

Interview Questions

Insperity Response

Jun 20, 2019 – Director, Recruiting Services

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We’re disappointed to hear that your experience with Insperity wasn’t the very best. Please reach out to us at corporaterecruiting@insperity.com to discuss your experience so we can continue to improve.