Insperity Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Insperity Chairman and CEO Paul J. Sarvadi
Paul J. Sarvadi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Incredible Work-Life Balance in many groups" (in 105 reviews)

• "Servant Leadership, Work/Life Balance, Great Benefits" (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very long sales cycle involving very complex analytics" (in 14 reviews)

• "Lacks work/life balance during a huge chunk of year" (in 14 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at Insperity full-time

Pros

Work life balance, great people. Having a great culture is a priority and it shows!

Cons

Pay is on the low side and they don't have many company paid holidays. PTO is OK.

"Middle Market poised for growth!"

I have been working at Insperity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture! Caring management team and supportive coworkers.

Cons

Too many layers of senior leadership in Middle Market in ratio to the number of employees and varying degree of positions. Too many people have to be brought in to solve problems.

"Great job"

Former Employee - Contact Center Specialist in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - Contact Center Specialist in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Insperity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job, hours are 7-10 any 8 hour shift inbetween. Pay is great and weekends off!

Cons

Your experience will depend on your manager. Most of the managers are fabulous

"Contact Center Specialist"

I have been working at Insperity full-time

Pros

Great hours, and benefits with an amazing 401k and company match.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say

"Remember to drink the Kool-Aid"

Former Employee - Software in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - Software in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Insperity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The health insurance coverage was incredible, although the coverage seems to decrease markedly every year while the cost goes up. In fact, the benefits package is the only reason I didn't give one star. The benefits are THAT good.

Once you’re hired, expect to remain in your job forever if you so choose.

Cons

If you’re looking for a fast-paced, dynamic environment, look elsewhere. The overwhelming attitude at Insperity is complacency. Everyone is just putting in their time until retirement.

Pay rates are laughable, partly because the health insurance is heavily subsidized by the company, and partly because, in IT at least, the company sponsors endless numbers of candidates from abroad who will work for very little money. You will be given a “total compensation” number that seems really good, but future employers will completely disregard it for all but executive-level job candidates.

Expect to spend entire days in meetings, even if you’re not a manager. Meetings are the lifeblood of Insperity.

Forced socialization is a way of life here. If you don’t participate gleefully in "fun" office events, you will be labeled a troublemaker. Insperity is NOT an introvert-friendly environment, even in software development.

Beware the workplace surveys. They show up in your email several times per year. While they are supposedly anonymous, each employee is given a unique hyperlink. Detailed questions make it very easy for your manager to identify your survey. Employees learn quickly that negative reviews will likely result in retribution.

There are two sets of rules here: one for management, and one for everyone else. For example, more consideration is given to whether job candidates could be the manager’s best friends than to their qualifications or work experience. Favoritism determines who gets to work on the best projects, rather than skill with the product in question. Incidentally, manager-level employees are not usually internal hires, which further solidifies the us vs them mentality.

A member of management informed me recently that someone at the company left a bad review on Glassdoor, and upper management harangued Glassdoor to find out who the employee was [which Glassdoor didn’t do, thankfully]. I am not surprised. In fact, I imagine they might try it again, based on this review.

Advice to Management

Anyone in a position of executive leadership at Insperity joined the company in the '80s. The Good Old Boy system doesn't work anymore, not even in Texas. Bring in some new blood.

If you offer reasonable salaries to your tech people, you will get higher quality results, and you won't need to look overseas for the majority of your candidates.

Consider auditing department performance. Mid-level managers are hiring a lot of people, but they're not necessarily getting more work done.

Make sure the company ACTUALLY embodies the values the executive team espouses. Essentially forcing employees to write positive workplace reviews is not the same as having employees who enjoy working for you. We really want to enjoy working for you.

6. "District Administrator"

Current Employee - District Administrator in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - District Administrator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Insperity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful work environment. Management cares very much about their employees.

Cons

Compensation is on the low side....especially for California.

7. "BPA"

I have been working at Insperity full-time

Pros

Family environment / great culture

Cons

Sales activity must be consistent even during slower seasons

8. "Questionable ethics"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Insperity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training and support
    Good commute
    Work life balance
    Work hard / play hard culture
    A good team with some questionable teammates/ owners

Cons

In its current state the Equality of Managerial Ethics of the treatment of minority employees of color is questionable .
    Most employees there are very genuine but then there are a handful of individuals that let their insecurities lead to meetings behind closed doors with likeminded management and or employees.

Advice to Management

Eventually the practice of insecure management and those likeminded employees will run its course

9. "United Healthcare plans offered"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Insperity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

they offer several plans High Deductible plans as well lower deductible plans

Cons

Cost are high for what you actually get,

Advice to Management

need lower cost plans and need to offer other companies for health care for a true choice.

10. "Business Performance Advisor"

Former Employee - Business Perfrmace Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Business Perfrmace Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Insperity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They practice what they preach. Love the benefits offered and all of the extra incentives. I joined a non-profit board and they provided training on being on a board as well as made a $1,000 donation on my behalf to the nonprofit group. From top to bottom they truly follow their mission statement " we help businesses succeed so communities can prosper" Love Insperity and highly recommended it. My favorite leader there is Sarah Grimstead - she's a 10 out of 10!

Cons

Its not a highly recognized name, so it is very difficult to sell the service. Long sales cycle.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, pay more!