Intellectual Ventures Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.9

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Pretty straightforward since it was for an intern role. I had a brief phone call with HR followed by two on-site interview rounds. Small Excel assessment at end - not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Very typical behavioral interview questions. Why are you interested in this role? A couple basic questions about accounting. Let's talk though your resume and how it applies to the role.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures.

Interview

Half day of standard interviews plus a role play with potential team members. Most pre communication was with recruiter plus a phone screen and interview prep with the hiring manager.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview on campus scheduled through recruiter and was a very relaxed process. The two recruiters had been at the company for a long time and primarily wanted to see if my career goals lined up with working at Intellectual Ventures. Mostly behavioral and a few technical questions.

Radiochemistry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The Interview went very well. We talked and they asked question on different lab skills. They also asked questions on experience and with techniques. They were very nice. They gave me time to schedule the interview. They talked about the company and other aspects of the job. They asked a lot of repetitive questions.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone by the Senior Research Manager, and lasted approximately 35 minutes. He wanted to know about my previous research experience, particularly with respect to writing software code for modeling the transmission of infectious diseases.

Interview Questions

• How would you use a single large data set to validate your model?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through HuskyJobs at UW. The first round was on campus. There was 2 30 minute interview with 2 people each. The first one was mostly behavioral. The second one was very technical asking a lot of questions about financial statement.

The second round interview is at there office in Bellevue. There 2 was behavioral interviews that was more conversational and an extremely hard excel test. They don't expect you to complete the whole test because they make it impossible.

The biggest advice I have is to know what Intellectual Ventures actually does. They are a niche market and they will constantly ask you how does IV work. The IP market is also very unusual, so know about that. Also, ask a lot of questions. They know candidates don't know a lot.But overall, these people are extremely nice, engaging, curious and helpful.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a consulting recruiter, had a nice conversation about a couple of roles. Was told to expect an update once he talked to the HM. Never heard back recruiter responded tersely after 3rd contact attempt by me. After looking at company reviews on this site, I am not at all surprised. Good riddance.

Corporate Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The interview process was very difficult. I was interviewed for about 5 hours straight between 12 different people. It was back to back interviews with the whole team I would be working with.

Negotiation

I was a new graduate and did not negotiate.

Director Interview

Interview

8 interviews, a few of those then became second interviews with the same people. Most questions were reasonable. Interviews were spread across about three weeks. Some confusion with interviewees outside main group because they didn't seem to know what the role was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you can do for us. (second interview, before much information was known)   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures (Bellevue, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied through my university's website. Was called for an over the phone interview, then an in-person interview with 4 separate people. Got a call back within several days. Very straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about calculating the financial and economic impact of improved milk quality in Kenya?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable rate for interns