Interac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interac Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interac.

Interview

Half day interview at a neutral site, at hotel in my case. Other applicants were present for the teaching demonstration portion, which was less than a 5 minute demonstration of your teaching style in a classroom. There was a more lengthy individual interview with the recruiter, who was also a former ALT in Japan.

Native English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interac (Washington, DC).

Interview

Overall the interview seemed to go well. The conversation had a good flow, and I was prepared for all the questions and even the tiny ones about the company. But in the end, I didn't end up getting the job. I think it might have been because I was too young?

ALT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interac in February 2017.

Interview

Received a phone interview that screened for knowledge of Interac and ALT's role. Beyond these, I was asked about my teaching experience and why I wanted to teach in Japan. Was offered an in-person interview but declined.

Read the dress code document, the ALT expectations, review the moving/living conditions they mention on their site, and know how much money they advise you to have before moving to Japan and know the reasons for that. Easy, straightforward phone interview. Anything you'd find on their FAQ and job description is fair game.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interac (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online, Interac called me and talked to me, went to Washington DC to interview and do a demonstration lesson in front of a camera and other applicants. The interview was not particularly challenging I don't really remember the questions. Afterwards I was emailed saying I was accepted. Much better experience than my previous experience trying to get hired teaching in Japan.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interac (Nashville, TN).

Interview

After the phone interview I got invited to the in-person interview. They are there to help you get the job, but you still need to be prepared and professional. There is a demo lesson you must give, also a grammar and personality test. Brush up on the prime minister of Japan.

Interview Questions

• What do you think being an ALT means?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Interac (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a very long process. Was there from 8 am to 5 pm. I was in a group of 8 people and we were given information for the job as if we were already employed. We also did a recorded demo lesson, each person taking about 30-40 minutes (with questions) as well as a one-on-one interview at the very end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 2 of your weaknesses.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Interac (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

Fast, interesting poppy questions, with a dash of experience drama. Emergency questions like what would you do if a student is misbehaving? Answer: Spank them with a ruler. What would you do if your school has a tsunami ? Answer: Put life preservers on everyone, and get to the top floor, hoping that we don't need to have an on-site swimming 101 class.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Interac (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Relatively easy proccess, i think i interviewed rather well though so that may have had an impact on its easy feel. Most intense part was the in person interview in which you interview with about 5 other applicants. My advice is make friends with them and stay in contact. Its probable that if you made it that far they want you in the first place.

ALT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interac.

Interview

Skype interview, lots of paperwork and submitted a really specific and intense video I had to take of me teaching. Then there was training in Tokyo that still counted as an interview they said but I think everyone still got hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you adapt to certain situations. Very similar to JET interview questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interac.

Interview

The process is very straightforward and easy, in my opinion.
    -Phone interview with typical interview questions.
    -Interview seminar in a major city near you. Group of interviewees and yourself learn more about the company, do a demo lesson (nothing to sweat over just a short warm up activity), and one final interview.