Interbank FX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interbank FX Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Interbank FX

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Interbank FX (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2011.

Interview

I had two interviews, and an initial phone screening all interviews were really straight forward and had a number of general derivative trading questions and then also had some general behavioral based questions. By the end of the interview process it seemed like they more or less just wanted to get to know me and what I liked to do in my free time. I love skiing and my manager loved skiing too so that really helped too, but I don't think it was the determining factor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed   1 Answer

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Interbank FX (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first interview was with shift leaders followed by a competency test that included a few multiple choice questions to explore mathematical and technical skills. Also did a typing test. The second interview was with a department director.

After I was hired, I was mailed a training kit and was expected to do a lot of reading on my own to train myself before my official hire date came. They did provide my hiring group a well-planned training class that lasted about two and a half weeks, but I just thought it was odd to be asked to do so much training off the clock because I understood free labor to be illegal.

Interview Questions

• I just remember a mathematical question or two that seemed complicated, so I had to make an educated guess or two. Turns out I guessed well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation plan was explained well during the interview, and the compensation was very objective and not open for negotiations. You would start at a base rate with a little extra per hour for shift differentials, language skills, and financial licenses and/or degrees. There was a possibility for annual bonuses based on performance too, but the bonus plan was either reduced or suspended later on because the company had experienced some difficult times.

IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Interbank FX (Draper, UT) in May 2010.

Interview

It seems to be a good company to work for. They brought in 12 people and then narrowed it to 3. Just be yourself and you will shine. They weren't good at getting back to you quickly, but sometimes things come up.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cottonwood Heights, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Interbank FX (Cottonwood Heights, UT) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone screen, usually all the dumb questions like "what is inheritance?" Round 2 is with some developers at the company. The current crew tends to think drawing problems on the board is less interesting than listening to you talk and hearing if you really know your stuff. That said, you may still solve some problems.

Interview Questions

• Most questions aren't that advanced and are definitely fair.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but this is not what I've heard from others.