Intercontinental Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2018

3.1

Lead Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had to go through 3 rounds of interviews
    1. Hireview questions were recorded and all candidates get same questions. answers are video recorded and reviewed.
    2. phone screen all technical questions
    3. very hard face to dace interview

Interview Questions

• first round hireview is basics java, concurrency, collections, basic OO, basic sql questions. this is a recorded session so all candidates will get same questions.   1 Answer
    • basic questions about java, spring,hibernate, level 1 and level 2 cache, sql tuning basic GC tuning, sql questions   1 Answer
    • finally face to face. this is 6 hour long and they will decide very quick the result.
      First is a Java test. expect to write long java programs with pen and paper. should write code accurately no psudo code java code. some of the questions were insert node in tree, find the bug in single linked list which is looping. Heavy multi threading concurrency questions. thread contention, java 5+ concurrency API lots of multi threading in depth questions. somof the questions ae when java does context switching explain what happens in CPU level1,level2,level3 cache. how do you optmize hit miss on cpu cache with java threading. questions about DB partition sharding, network topology in cassandra, clearly Big 0 questions. java concurrency concurrency collections framework questions

I was asked to write on white board function in java to recursively delete files and then in a directory tree. Java code with semi colons command and perfect syntax was expected. boundary conditions need to be handled. unit tests were asked to be written.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

A relatively tedious process in the means of how many face-to-face interviews are needed, but the overall timeline was quick. The interview process was laid-back and they really make you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions were asked, accounting specific were asked but broad.   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially applied to ICE graduate analyst but offered the Client Service Specialist role. Interviewed with the manager at ICE Hong Kong office. They require a candidate asap as the previous specialist was promoted to different post.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

They tend to ask questions that are not directly related the job description. The questions they asked were generally:
    Tell us about options
    What do you know about derivatives
    Tell us about the option Greeks.

Afterwards, I was given a very simple MS Excel test to do on my own. You can really Google all of the answers if you want to.

Interview Questions

• What's the in-the-money strike price for a straddle option strategy if the stock price is $X.   Answer Question

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Got contacted by a senior manager through school's career service, and the first interview was scheduled three days later. One phone screen talking about resume and some tech questions, and then onsite. The process went smooth.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview was straightforward and to the point. The interviewer was polite and explained the expectations in detail. He was open about where the direction of the company is going and how the position fits in to the grand scheme of things. He was adamant in his effort to find the right person for the position and gave you the opportunity to express any concerns that you may have. The next step was in-person interview. You meet with the hiring manager and other team members. It was a very pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

One of the worst interview experiences in my entire career. A lot of behavioral interview questions which were I believe unrelated to the position description and my experience.

On my previous jobs I interviewed a lot of people myself. But here I'm not even able to say where it's going to and what do they want to hear from candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

Had to take a 90 mins written test. The test was more of trying to test "how good you know the syntax", rather than concepts. I believe I did very well in the test since I was preparing for pl/sql certification exam. But never heard any feed back from them. Which is very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone and Technical Phone Interview, Written test, F2F with rest of the team. They look for someone who is always working (like Nerd). There is no growth for your ideas. Just follow the process though it may need improvement.

Interview Questions

• They tend to ask questions that will lead you give wrong answer. Very poor communication from ICE employees. They try to trap you while formatting questions.   1 Answer

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

The call came from a recruiting agency. Which took the first round of interview. The initial round was basic of Automation and QTP. After the first round the interview was with the director for QA and discussed in detail how automation is currently done in the company and what they are looking for.

Another technical round after that with 2 ppl, this one had med/high complexity questions on QTP and included few puzzles as well at the end of the interview

Interview Questions

• How would you test an application which has 1000+ fields on the screen and each of them come from different tables in the Database   Answer Question