Intercontinental Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intercontinental Exchange Interview Questions

Interviews at Intercontinental Exchange

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange in May 2020.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First one was with the hiring manager for 30 mins and the second one was for 5 hours with 8 different people.

After the grueling second round interview for 5 long hours (I thought that I did very well), the manager told me that they will update me with their decision in a week. Then there was no response for the next 3 weeks; every time i followed up I heard that they will get back next week. Then once I got another offer, i reached out to find any updates. The next day I got an automated email that I wasn't selected. I have no issues that I was not selected (glad I got into a nicer company) but I feel that they have been extremely unprofessional the way they communicate or lack there of. The HR person is extremely disinterested and rude to deal with. Now I understand all the bad reviews here.

Interview Questions

• Questions on experience as well as situational and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior QA/QA Analyst Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange in May 2020.

Interview

I applied online for QA Analyst and Senior QA roles. I got email to complete the online assessment. It was 7 questions - online written test. Each question for 5 minutes timer and 1-2 questions for 10-12 mins timer. After 6 days I got email from recruiter saying I did not clear it but the exam was very easy and answer were generic except one SQL question that too i did very well. After that too they did not offer me interview with hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain the flow for your current application or how does your application work in project?
      2. Any interesting defect you found?
      3. Which tools you used for below questions- CI/CVD pipeline, Test Management tool, Automation tool, Linux/Unix tool, etc
      4. Write test plan for some website on how to test. Do not use template from your current website.
      5.1. A university has a database tracking student registration for courses, among other data. The three tables for course registration that we are interested in are, STUDENT, COURSE, STUDENT_COURSE.
      - STUDENT: Contains STUDENT_ID, NAME, and ADDRESS
      - COURSE: Contains COURSE_ID and COURSE_TITLE
      - STUDENT_COURSE: Contains STUDENT_ID and COURSE_ID
      a) List student ID, name, and course title registered for all students. List should be sorted by student name and then by course title.
      b) Write a query to return the student ID and name of all students who have not registered for any courses.
      c) A student incorrectly got registered for a PHYSICS course instead of a MATH course. Write an update statement to correct the registration. You have the following details: Student Name = John Doe, Address = Addr1, Current (incorrect) course title = PHYSICS, New course title = MATH
      6. Difficult project how to handle successfully?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Interview

Very Negative Experience, hiring manager is basically showing you they don't need you then why did you give me interview? No introduction to the team at all and when I asked about that gave very vague description.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone screen, virtual onsite (3 rounds), and a round with a manger
    Funny thing about this interview process is that even though it says virtual onsite, your camera should be on but the interviewers cameras are not on. They can see you but you can't see them.
    For the coding part, they just want to see the right answer instead of your thought process. I guarantee their application is coded with a lot of mess. I wouldn't really recommend this company if you want to improve your skillset. The manager is very disrespectful

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Interview

I had read the bad reviews but had to experience myself to truly believe it. For the in-person java test, they asked question about inserting a node in a BST. Here is the problem, I provided a working iterative solution but the person knew only recursive and to my horror he said the only way it would work is through recursive. The irony is, I have been working with complex BST traversal at work recently so this question was luckily trivial but was dumb-founded to not even able to explain or demonstrate the solution. There were other questions and they were all standard ones but subjective.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied for a job through an Internal referral. I received an invitation for an interview within a week, with a phone interview, followed by in person interview with five members of the team. The process was smooth and easy. However as always even though I was in the final round of the interviews there was no follow up with perfunctory you were not selected for this position.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions about skills and expereicne in my prior roles.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

one phone interview and two rounds of onsite. The company is in midtown New York with very good view. The interview process is friendly and shows their expertise in this area.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks.

I had a one hour interview on the phone. I would describe the interview as very weird. The interviewers didn't introduce themselves: they mentioned their names, but they didn't say anything about their background and current role. They didn't describe the plan of the interview either. They jumped in directly to a long list of questions they had prepared. They were reading each question as someone that is participating in a competition against the clock. They asked me around 15-20 questions, and we didn't get to the end of the list (I don't know how long it was). A lot of the questions were oriented to catch if I was lying or not on my resume. I tried to ask twice about what they were looking for in a candidate, and they told me I could ask questions at the end of the interview. Unfortunately, we didn't have time for that because they had to phone another candidate. It was clear the interviewers put some effort in preparing the interview, but they were inexperienced. Honestly, I don't know what was the goal of the interview. They told me next week I would learn if I make it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Questions about techniques y methods I mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question

Operations Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA) in August 2019.

Interview

Not cool. I was strung along for about 2 months with this company, Even after finally getting an interview, it was canceled at the last minute. It was eventually rescheduled a week later. Their interviews are very stressful and honestly too long. I was interviewed for over 4 hours without a break. For some reason they felt the need for a guy in England to interview me via iPad, don't know what that was about. Even after being strung along for almost 2 months and the really long interview, I still got the "we are sorry, but you suck email". This is the third and last time I am going to apply to this company (2nd time I got hired, but them the offer was rescinded 2 days later). I was over qualified for this job, but I guess I did not "fit in". Just be warned, the the interview process is very long and even if you have help on the inside (I knew a current employee) you probably will not get the job.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Interview

First a phone screen with HR. Then a phone technical call with the team lead.

My technical phone interview was cancelled 30 minutes before the scheduled time. They said my background didn't for what they were looking for. Then why did you schedule the interview on the first place?