Intercontinental Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

3.1

DevOps/Release Management - Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I have applied through a Recruiting Consultant from BrightWell Technology. The consultant asked me about my experience and asked me one technical question. After 24 hours, I have received an invitation for an on-site interview.

On the day of the on-site interview, I was sitting across 5 people: 2 persons from the Engineer department, 1 person from HR and another 2 persons from Management. The on-site interview started with a description of the position and what will be handled on a daily basis. After 10 minutes, I was asked 4 questions on a white board - 1 question about SQL that spitted into 2 parts, 2 questions about Java and another question about BASH. In the last 20 minutes, I was asked about my experience at my last position.

A week later, I have received a positive feedback about my performance from the Recruiting Consultant. However, I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is an array?   1 Answer
    • What is normalization in SQL? How would you avoid duplicates?   1 Answer
    • Build a function in Java that would print all combinations of 2 letters of the English Alphabet (i.e. AA, AB ... ZY, ZZ).   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Interview

The interviewing process first starts with a technical screening online, then a phone screening. After you pass the phone screening then you go through a lengthy interview process. The managers from different areas of Infoseek each interview you on different topics.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a 30 minute telephonic screening followed by 3 hour long interview in New York City with teams in New York City & California. The team in California did a video conference

Interview Questions

• Find duplicate number in a series of integers   1 Answer
    • Recursive method for generating fibonacci numbers in Java   1 Answer

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially applied to ICE graduate analyst but offered the Client Service Specialist role. Interviewed with the manager at ICE Hong Kong office. They require a candidate asap as the previous specialist was promoted to different post.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

One of the worst interview experiences in my entire career. A lot of behavioral interview questions which were I believe unrelated to the position description and my experience.

On my previous jobs I interviewed a lot of people myself. But here I'm not even able to say where it's going to and what do they want to hear from candidates.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First Interview with the Recruiter about the process and introduction. Second Video Interview with Hire Right, comprises of 4-5 behavioral questions and 35 technical questions of Linux, Operating Systems, Networking and general programming concepts. In total there were 40 questions. For behavioral questions, need to record the answer in video.

After one week of Hire Right interview, recruiter contacted me for onsite Interview at Church Street, New York. It was conducted for an hour with the IT manager and head of IT department. Both were decent and asked me some technical questions and about my experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you know about the products/tools we use ?
      2. What is polymorphism ?
      3. Why do you want to work for ICE?
      4. Why do you want to work as an IT analyst?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by ICE Hiring staff and gave me all the basic talk and what to expect. When I did the interview (camera record) I sent it and the next day I was emailed and was told to do another one. I contacted the Hiring staff and explained what happened if I need to redo my interview or not. No answer from them what so ever. I reached out again a week later, no answer. Very unprofessional. If I am ever contacted by ICE, I am more than happy to let them know who I spoke to in the Hiring staff dept that is being unprofessional.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

After 2 months and 4 rounds of interviews, I had to ask if an offer was forthcoming, only to get a one-line snotty response from HR. They strung me along and wasted so much of my time and energy. The manager was very rude and disrespectful during the final interview, trying to prove to everyone that he was such an expert, while laughing at my responses.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the details of all the routing protocols.   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I went to their company about 10 minutes early than the scheduled interview but I then waited for another 30 minutes because of the person who will interview me was at the meeting. During the interview, she answered 2 phone calls and each phone call may be 3-5 minutes.

Lead Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a fifteen minute phone interview. The interviewer asked me several small technical questions. Their stack includes Python, Apache Hadoop, IBM Netezza, and shell scripting. At the end, I was given a chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Rate your strength with Python on a scale of 1 to 10. In a Python module, how do you define a class, define a "main" method, and instantiate the class? In Python, which module is used for reading a configuration file? In Python logging, how would you override the log level over the command line to DEBUG?   Answer Question
    • In SQL, what is the difference between GROUP BY and PARTITION BY?   Answer Question
    • In shell scripting, how do you write an "if" statement?   Answer Question