Intercontinental Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2018

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached out and left a message. I was in a meeting and called back 20 minutes later and left a message. No word from the recruiter for over a week despite my several calls and voicemails after. I decided to call from my second phone and got an answer. We set up a phone screen for the following day. The phone screen was easy and she said she would set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Three days go by and I get a meeting invite for the following week. I speak with the hiring manager and first question is whether I know the company or not. He didn't seem very much interested in doing the interview as there was constant noise and conversation in the background as well as him talking to someone while I was speaking. I don't hear back after a week and I reach out to the recruiter. No answer. I wait another week and reach out and still no answer. I email one final time and get a phone call within 5 minutes. She states that I was not selected for the position at that particular location and I mention that the hiring manager indicated that I should apply for the position on Wall Street instead. She says she is working on this one as well and tells me to send the application for that one. I do so within a half hour and receive a confirmation that she received the application. She stresses that the hiring manager is looking to fill the position quickly. A week goes by and no word. I wait about a week and a half before reaching out. I receive no word from the recruiter. I wait a week and reach out again and still do not get any response. I believe that they should at least inform you if they've decided not to continue with the application.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Interview

I have given only 1 round as of now and it has been good. This round was telephonic and lasted an hour. I am hoping to receive further feedback or decision after this round.

Interview Questions

• The questions were based on their own requirement which was Python, SQL, Linux, and QA.   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Horrible - initial contact by a senior HR recruiter. Phone interview with direct manager, Positive feedback was given. Then they dropped off the face of the Earth. No replies to my e-mails or phone calls. If I didn't get the job at least drop me an e-mail. No respect...totally unprofessional!! In all my years, I have never been treated as such Had to move on and accept another offer with a different company

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Interview

Interview process took a month, it started of with a call from recruiter and then phone interview with an Engineer(basic questions about sql, java) and face to face interview which they say will be for 4 hours but it lasted 6 hours, rather than interview questions, the process is really exhausting and they make you sit in a room and people keep on coming one after another and ask questions on the fly, they won't provide you any lunch even though the interview extended beyond agreed time, No feedback after the interview. They mostly want to know if you are willing to work longer hours.

Interview Questions

• Questions about basic java, sql and small coding assignments on white board, behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed not once but twice, in-person, in NYC. I live in NJ. Everything seemed ok with the hiring manager but HR was a complete joke from beginning to end, after the trek into the city twice, no response, no email, no phone call...nothing. Such a complete joke, one of the worst HR departments I have seen in a while. Not wondering why their own employees rank them at 2.9.

Interview Questions

• Is the commute too far for you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I was presented with the opportunity via a recruiting agency. Since I worked through a recruiter, they did not require a phone screen and had me come in for the final interview. There were 4 people from the RM team who interviewed me. One was the director who I would be reporting to, another was the manager of the team, and lastly, the other two were team members. I was first asked to speak about my previous position and what I did there. This took about 5 minutes. After this, I had to complete four problems on a whiteboard. I will list the three problems that I remember below in the Interview Questions section. After I finished answering the problems, I was asked a few more specific questions regarding the responsibilities I had from my previous job. The next day I heard back from the recruiter saying that the interview went well and that he had received positive feedback. Another day later I was presented with an offer which I ultimately accepted.

Interview Questions

• Two SQL tables with students’ names and IDs were present. Both tables consisted of two columns. Both tables had an ID field which linked them together using a primary key. One table had student names while the other had cities the students were from.

Query all students’ names that begin with the letter “m”
      What is a primary/foreign key?
      Create a third table with the students’ zip codes and link this table to the other two tables (HINT: Use ID as the foreign key)   Answer Question
    • Write pseudo code that will print two letters on each line with the first letter not moving to the next until the following letter reaches the end of the alphabet (the letter Z):

AA
      AB
      AC
      ZX
      ZY
      ZZ   Answer Question
    • Write a bash script that takes a path as a parameter and writes the current size of the directory at that path to a file   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was brief recruiter call, online interview with Hirevue video interview(do some research it's an algorithm that's analyzing your body language, word choices and voice cadence). On-site interview. The on-site interview did not match the job requirements posted. They were clearly looking for an automation QA with heavy python experience and those qualifications were under the "preferred" criteria in the listing; most of the required criteria pertained to manual QA. Most of their questions were only about automation and programming skills.
    This interview was brutal be prepared to be absolutely dissected by 6-8 people. If you have something on your resume be prepared to speak on it in depth and if you have prefaced it with a "basic" understanding it will be assumed you are an expert.
    The worst this of all was the manager interviewing me asked me about my family when we had downtime then had the audacity to ask me "how I plan to "juggle"' this position and my home life! This is none of his business and my personal life is not a factor on my professional work ethic. This statement felt very sexist as I'm sure a man would not have been asked how he will "juggle" a career and a family.

DevOps/Release Management - Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I have applied through a Recruiting Consultant from BrightWell Technology. The consultant asked me about my experience and asked me one technical question. After 24 hours, I have received an invitation for an on-site interview.

On the day of the on-site interview, I was sitting across 5 people: 2 persons from the Engineer department, 1 person from HR and another 2 persons from Management. The on-site interview started with a description of the position and what will be handled on a daily basis. After 10 minutes, I was asked 4 questions on a white board - 1 question about SQL that spitted into 2 parts, 2 questions about Java and another question about BASH. In the last 20 minutes, I was asked about my experience at my last position.

A week later, I have received a positive feedback about my performance from the Recruiting Consultant. However, I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is an array?   1 Answer
    • What is normalization in SQL? How would you avoid duplicates?   1 Answer
    • Build a function in Java that would print all combinations of 2 letters of the English Alphabet (i.e. AA, AB ... ZY, ZZ).   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Interview

The interviewing process first starts with a technical screening online, then a phone screening. After you pass the phone screening then you go through a lengthy interview process. The managers from different areas of Infoseek each interview you on different topics.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a 30 minute telephonic screening followed by 3 hour long interview in New York City with teams in New York City & California. The team in California did a video conference

Interview Questions

• Find duplicate number in a series of integers   1 Answer
    • Recursive method for generating fibonacci numbers in Java   1 Answer