Intercontinental Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially applied to ICE graduate analyst but offered the Client Service Specialist role. Interviewed with the manager at ICE Hong Kong office. They require a candidate asap as the previous specialist was promoted to different post.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by ICE Hiring staff and gave me all the basic talk and what to expect. When I did the interview (camera record) I sent it and the next day I was emailed and was told to do another one. I contacted the Hiring staff and explained what happened if I need to redo my interview or not. No answer from them what so ever. I reached out again a week later, no answer. Very unprofessional. If I am ever contacted by ICE, I am more than happy to let them know who I spoke to in the Hiring staff dept that is being unprofessional.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

One of the worst interview experiences in my entire career. A lot of behavioral interview questions which were I believe unrelated to the position description and my experience.

On my previous jobs I interviewed a lot of people myself. But here I'm not even able to say where it's going to and what do they want to hear from candidates.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First Interview with the Recruiter about the process and introduction. Second Video Interview with Hire Right, comprises of 4-5 behavioral questions and 35 technical questions of Linux, Operating Systems, Networking and general programming concepts. In total there were 40 questions. For behavioral questions, need to record the answer in video.

After one week of Hire Right interview, recruiter contacted me for onsite Interview at Church Street, New York. It was conducted for an hour with the IT manager and head of IT department. Both were decent and asked me some technical questions and about my experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you know about the products/tools we use ?
      2. What is polymorphism ?
      3. Why do you want to work for ICE?
      4. Why do you want to work as an IT analyst?
      Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

After 2 months and 4 rounds of interviews, I had to ask if an offer was forthcoming, only to get a one-line snotty response from HR. They strung me along and wasted so much of my time and energy. The manager was very rude and disrespectful during the final interview, trying to prove to everyone that he was such an expert, while laughing at my responses.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the details of all the routing protocols.   Answer Question

Lead Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a fifteen minute phone interview. The interviewer asked me several small technical questions. Their stack includes Python, Apache Hadoop, IBM Netezza, and shell scripting. At the end, I was given a chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Rate your strength with Python on a scale of 1 to 10. In a Python module, how do you define a class, define a "main" method, and instantiate the class? In Python, which module is used for reading a configuration file? In Python logging, how would you override the log level over the command line to DEBUG?   Answer Question
    • In SQL, what is the difference between GROUP BY and PARTITION BY?   Answer Question
    • In shell scripting, how do you write an "if" statement?   Answer Question

Network Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Interview

First Phase - Video Interview. You will answer answers in an Q&A format with a mix of personal and technical. Technical questions are in essay forms.
    Second Phone- Face to Face Interview asked a mixed of technical and personal.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview is very easy process. No technical whiteboarding questions. Promises to response back in 24 hours but takes more than 10 days to come to a decision. Schedules 6 hours of interview (but usually finishes between 3-4 hours based on what hiring manager said) and mine took nearly 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked about my current jobs. No other technical questions asked.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Interview

Began as a few emails, followed up by a recorded video interview. Afterwards I was called into the office for a face to face interview with the team, and the managers on conference call.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (New York, NY).

Interview

very unprofessional. Interviewers did not show up on time. One interviewer took a private phone call while interviewing. No interest and no professionalism. Interviewer watching his watch constantly. did not answer my questions clearly. was not prepared to answer follow up questions