Interlake Mecalux Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.4

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Interview

Interview with Human Resources.
    When asking about the company and position, HR did not seem to know a lot about the position nor the actual company.

Very robotic, stares at you the entire time, and seemed upset to be stuck at her job.

Order Entry/Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Interlake Mecalux (Melrose Park, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Got this through a temp agency and was interviewed by a robotic and somewhat cold supervisor or manager. Was awkward and couldn't wait to get out since the location wasn't ideal for me as well. Plus the open office environment didn't seem appealing to me. So didn't wait to see if I would hear back but just told agency that I wasn't interested because of all of those factors.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Interlake Mecalux (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screening w/ 3rd party recruiter.
    Phone interview with a Robot in HR.
    Phone interview with regional manager.
    In person interview with the "big wigs" in Chicago.
    Offer presented in Chicago.

Very simple. Seemed like just about anyone who could talk would have made it through the interview process. Over time, even I was given authority to phone screen applicants who were applying to my territory. Um, no, I'm not going to give the thumbs up for someone that is gonna come take over a part of my territory. These people are crazy.

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff. They are not creative enough nor do they care enough to ask any truly engaging or challenging questions. Some examples:

1) Why do you want to work here.
      2) How much do you want to make
      3) Tell us about your past work experience.
      4) Describe a challenging situation you have overcome.
      5) Blah Blah Blah same old same old

Very "missionary-position" type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Prior to interview the 3rd party recruiter says this position offers 35K + commission - not negotiable and to not try to negotiate.

During interview the President said "how much do you want to make" and I was like "35K + commission" and he said "you're hired".

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Interlake Mecalux.

Interview

I handed my resume at a career fair. I did a phone call interview and I was said that I would do a face to face interview the next week but the never called back. They got in touch with almost all the students from Spain

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Interlake Mecalux (Melrose Park, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

My interview was one of the most negative experiences I have ever had. I was told to attend the interview in a suit, so I purchased one for the occasion. I was on time, dressed and groomed immaculately. From the first look at me from the interviewer I knew I was dead in the water. She just did not like me for some reason or already had a candidate in mind and did my interview to meet the quota as a formality. She rolled her eyes and appeared to be falling asleep as I answered the interview questions. She asked only a few and abruptly ended the interview. I felt that I wasn't even given a chance to represent what I had to offer due to the basic line of questioning that wasn't even as in depth as when I applied for the position. It was a waste of time and I was insulted at her unprofessional demeanor and lack of attention. I generally do not allow myself to think in that manner, but I even felt that she did not deem me worthy based upon my ethnicity.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit with our company?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Interlake Mecalux.

Interview

Overall good experience. Had an initial phone interview with HR recruiter. Was invited to interview with HR manager and afterwards interviewed with accounting manager. Heard back from them in less then a week.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Interlake Mecalux (Melrose Park, IL).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR, they called back to come in for an in person interview. Met with HR and with the accounting manager. We spoke for about an hour and I heard back within a week.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Interlake Mecalux (Chicago, IL).

Interview

By bling and unprofessional. Many interviews were done by skype, but the president,Linda, didn't know who she was interviewing when we spoke. You would think she would at least know he name of the person she was interviewing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They sent me my offer letter and another persons offer letter, even though they were offered more.

Human Resources Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interlake Mecalux.

Interview

The interview was okay, I was confused as to which job they were even interviewing me for because they were unclear. They weren't open to the salary I desired which wasn't far from what they were offering. The HR staff was friendly but it didn't seem like the company has good atmosphere and culture.

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Interlake Mecalux.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter then had in person interview within a few days. I had an offer within 2 days. It was a very fast paced process. In person interview I met with the head of HR and also the Chicago based CEO. I was also mislead in the job I was applying for. Being told I would be promoted to Customer service within a few months. It took over 6 months before I was "promoted".