Intermedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Intermedia

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intermedia (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Intermedia is a very collaborative interview process and you can expect to meet 6-10 different individuals in the process. All interviews are important there are no meet and greet type compulsory interviews. Everyone in the process has input into candidate selection. Will also meet key individuals in other departments other than the one interviewing to make sure any hire is able to work with the departments that collaborate.

Interview Questions

• For technical roles be expected to answer technical questions or given a problem to solve demonstrating and understanding of the technology the individual is being hire for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward and easy

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intermedia (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

They are insanely thorough - everything from recommendations to background checks, they will know a lot about you by the time the Interview is over. You will interview with multiple people, especially if it is a manager or higher position, to ensure that you are a good fit culturally and in terms of overall talent. Talent is HIGHLY valued and rewarded. There will be a phone screen, an in-person and then finally an interview via Skype with the executive team in Mountain View.

Interview Questions

• Why Intermedia? What experience do you have in Cloud/Voice services? What makes you think this position is good for you? Why are you looking to change jobs?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intermedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume, had a recruiter reach out within a week and setup a phone interview with himself. After completing the phone interview with the recruiter, the interview with the hiring manager (sales floor manager) was set up. Completed that and then they set up an in-person interview with 5 different individuals, lasting close to 3 hours. I felt pretty confident I would get the job, and apparently blew it somewhere along the way. Regardless, everyone was really nice during the whole process, the conversations were conversational and the interview questions didn't feel "interview-y". Whoever got the position is definitely lucky. 9/10, would apply again.

Interview Questions

• What is your 30/60/90 plan?   1 Answer

Intermedia Response

Sep 11, 2017 – HR Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share about your interview experience with us. It's much appreciated.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intermedia (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was quick, I had a call with the recruiter hours after submitting my resume, then came in to meet some of the team the following morning. I had 2 more team members to meet the following day, and then had a verbal offer 3 days after my first phone call with the recruiter. The following business day I received the written offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked about experience and skill set and honed in on cultural fit.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intermedia (Mountain View, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

In house recruitment. Telephone interview with two team leaders over the phone. A meeting time was arranged. Several questions were asked. Interview was cordial and expectations for notification were set. The company is not stuffy by any means and the interview seemed both technical and personal so that you dont just make a good technical knowledge fit for the team, but a good personal fit for the team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intermedia in June 2017.

Interview

Standard process - multiple one on one interviews with various team members who you might work with. Each session was 45min to an hour. Questions were the standard questions - describe some projects you worked on, why does this role interest you, do you understand what Intermedia does, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why does this role interest you? How do you handle ambiguity? Give us examples of projects you've worked on, etc. Normal questions.   Answer Question

T1 Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intermedia (Victorville, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long. I had 3 interviews, and a fourth follow up because a reference didn't seem to answer or reply. The first interview was with a recruiter, the second was with two "Team Captains". The third was with HR and the fourth was with the recruiter again as there was issues with a reference but she also asked me a few other interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a DNS and how does it work?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intermedia.

Interview

1st phase was phone screen by HR, who then told me later that day that the hiring manager wanted to do a phone interview with me. Two days later, when the phone interview with the hiring manager was supposed to happen, I was totally stood up. No warning, no heads-up. I waited and waited and waited the whole 30 minutes- nothing. When I emailed the HR person about the hiring manager missing the interview appointment, she told me that the hiring manager decided she wanted someone with more experience. That's fine, but at least have the decency to either cancel the interview ahead of time (they had 2 days to do so) OR at least keep the interview appointment and tell me directly.

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISRESPECTFUL!!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intermedia (New York, NY).

Interview

This is a pretty straight forward interview process Standard sales questions. nothing out of the ordinary. Took about 2-3 hours and met with Sales manager, HR rep, and director.

Interview Questions

• are you comfortable working with C Level clients   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intermedia (Bellevue, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the initial telephone screen consisting of the standard background and experience questions. The recruiter said she would run my resume by a couple of folks and get back to me. A few days later, the recruiter followed-up by telephone and scheduled an in-person interview for the following week.

After a few days passed, I noticed I had not received a confirmation email, so I followed-up twice, asking for confirmation. On my second request, I got an email response reading "Sorry, I'll send you a schedule shortly". In the end, I got a phone call less than two hours before the interview asking If I was still planning on being there...

Once I arrived that morning, I was met by the group supervisor, given a tour of the facility, met with two peers and the department director. Each person met with me separately and I was asked the usual fare of standard interview questions. I met with the Director last and he asked me if I had met with an HR representative during my visit and I told him I hadn't. He seemed to think it was unusual that no one had been scheduled to meet with me and went looking for someone. He was unable to locate her and asked if I could return to meet with HR at a later time. I agreed to return their convenience.

The follow-up meeting with HR was scheduled and confirmed by email about two weeks later. I arrived at the facility about ten minutes early and (as instructed) checked-in using a tablet in the lobby. I input the contact name and sent the notification. The tablet just churned and burned for a few minutes and then returned to the default display. I didn't see any kind of confirmation or error, so I waited... ten minutes go by and my mobile phone rings. Turns-out, It's it's my HR contact asking if now is a good time to talk... Apparently she had no idea I was standing in the lobby.

We met for a few minutes and had the standard question and answer dialogue, at the end of the meeting she said I could expect follow-up by the end of the week. I waited three and got nothing... Oh well, onward and upward.