Intermedia Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

210.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Intermedia~263663
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Intermedia and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Love my job

May 17, 2022 - Technical Support Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Intermedia gives me the opportunity and encouragement for career growth. The work environment is pleasant and fun.

Cons

The training has not been consistent across the sites which creates a less than worry-free experience.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work, good benefits

Apr 28, 2022 - Systems Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, good pay, great opportunities for advancement

Cons

The bonus requirements for our financial obligations are tough to meet.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Positive and breath of fresh air for tech support role!

Dec 3, 2021 - Voice Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very positive Managers got your back They are in it for the customers They don't micro-manage They encourage your career there Benefits are good Work from home Great co-workers They ensure you have the tools you need Big bonus's

Cons

Too many system changes at once this past year. Too many promises to other 'companies' they partnered with that support is now taking on more than one CRM with completely different product, which makes it confusing to the agents. This is the first company I have ever needed to say this for: More management is needed for support.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent Family Vibe Culture. Benefits and 401k Matching, Yay! Rewarding career.

Oct 26, 2021 - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Intermedia is without a doubt the best job I've ever had. I've learned so much about the industry and other businesses as well. I've transitioned from office to remote home worker which provides me with the perfect work-life balance I need to grow within my career and spend time with my family. Excellent benefits package and 401k matching is available.

Cons

Product implementation is always challenging at launch. We're too focused on the sales aspect of it which is understandable. We need to make revenue to function as a successful company but we're only successful because of the teams that support our products. When support is needed to fix things that are majorly broken and need to work in a way the customer understands, our product teams have already moved on to the next project, and fixes are not expected until the next quarter or so.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Sunnyvale company with career growth opportunities

Oct 4, 2021 - Implementation Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. The company provides employees with paths for internal advancement to positions within the same department or cross-departmentally. 2. As the company has grown larger and more profitable they have increased annual discretionary bonuses to employees. 3. Internal job skills training is available through online learning management system, and the costs for taking third-party Certifications Exams (such as Microsoft Certified IT Professional) are reimbursed if a passing grade is achieved. 4. 401(K) with employer partially matching contributions. 5. Partial payment of optional Health Care insurance premiums. Life Insurance equal to 1 year salary. Paid Time Off accrual that increases each year to a cap of 209 hrs/Yr. 6. Telecommute working from home available, and for people who prefer to work on-site the office is very nice with natural light and wraparound window views of Silicon Valley from top floor of Sunnyvale City Center office building that also has an on-site gymnasium (observing pandemic health protocols with restrictions subject to change based upon current requirements). 7. Work-life balance encouraged with reasonable accommodations offered, and wellness programs available. 8. Teamwork-based working environment where anyone's success is everyone's success.

Cons

1. The company isn't publicly traded and so no stock options are awarded to employees as part of their compensation package.

6. 5.0

Great leaders!

Mar 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Executive leaderships are top notch. Excellent communications from tops down.

Cons

Depends on the team, there is a chance with slower career growth.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Technical support

May 12, 2022 - Technical Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of people to work with and supportive.

Cons

Difficult to deal with customers on the phone.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Intermedia Response

HR Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It's true, we make it a point to create an environment where employees support one another and take care of each other. We have received J.D. Power certification for our technical support 6 years running, which means we hold ourselves to a higher standard in the customer service we provide. We're sorry this position wasn't right for you, but hope you find one that is better suited to your talents.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

The Worry Free Experience!

Oct 12, 2021 - Captain, Business Applications in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A fast paced work environment that keeps me busy but without the stress of a company that demands quotas / numbers per day. I'm given a fair workload and whenever it becomes overwhelming I have available assistance from my management to create a worry free experience for not only our customers but myself as well.

Cons

I don't have any particular cons for Intermedia - while there's always room for improvement, I've never sensed a lack of preparation when it comes to training on new products, policies, and procedures. My direct management has always been quick to address my questions and concerns. I truly believe a fair amount of our perfect 10 surveys are driven by the expertise of management passed down to the customer facing agents.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Most Amazing Company I've Ever Worked For

Oct 5, 2021 - Business Applications Specialist I in Lynchburg, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits, super positive work environment, tons of support especially as a new employee. It's such a relaxed and awesome place to be. Tons of employee appreciation, bonuses, etc. I could go on and on, but I'd run out of space. The company culture is amazing, multi-faceted, warm and welcoming to all. When you find a company like this, you don't leave it, I will either die or retire from Intermedia.

Cons

Getting started here has it's challenges, HR lost my application initially, the training is a bit off-putting and stressful, but once you get through that gambit, every bit of it is so worth it. The fact is, they just don't hired people often, because people rarely ever leave, so it's more like the processes just aren't streamlined and a bit fumbly due to it only being necessary every year or so. Definitely worth enduring to get to where I am and I have never been happier with a company.

10. 5.0

Loyalty is rewarded

Oct 19, 2021 - Voice Engineering in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- BIG PRO: Remote work is a cultural thing here and was this way before the - pandemic. - Personal career growth is cultivated and encouraged. - Hiring culture is based around skill but it is also based around capability rather than raw experience. - I have been treated like a human at this company more than I have at any other company I have ever worked at.

Cons

- During Intermedia's initial large growth period (2013-2017/18), the attrition was pretty bad and raises/hiring/advancement basically stopped but that phase has passed. - Honestly, a lot of the Cons I would list have been corrected.

5 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 357 Reviews

Intermedia Reviews FAQs

Intermedia has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 375 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at Intermedia to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Intermedia employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Intermedia. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

97% of Intermedia employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Intermedia 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Intermedia to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership .

Popular Careers with Intermedia Job Seekers