Intermedia Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Intermedia CEO Michael Gold
Michael Gold

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home options (varies by position) (in 8 reviews)

• Excellent opportunities for advancement, solid pay and benefits, really great people that care about the work they do (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The biggest one I can is that there is no 401k match (in 4 reviews)

• Home workers are part time with no opportunities (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"This is my dream job!"

Current Employee - Senior Event Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Event Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Intermedia after 20 years at my previous company. I wasn’t looking for a job at the time, but the opportunity came up and I had to take it. I was excited about Intermedia’s fast growth, the awesome team I’d be working with, and the role itself. I’m happy to say that coming up on a year later, it is everything I thought it would be. I know it sounds cliché, but this truly is my dream job!

If you’re looking for a career that offers the opportunity for your contributions to be recognized and appreciated, you’ll do great here.

Cons

Traditionally this hasn’t been an events focused company, but as we’ve grown, we’ve been making increased investments in this area. Establishing an events focused strategy has presented some exciting challenges. That said, it’s been really rewarding.

Advice to Management

I continue to be impressed with the transparency from and accessibility to our full Intermedia leadership team. Keep it up!

Jun 28, 2017 – HR Communications Manager

Wow! Your dream job - those are big words! It is really wonderful to hear how Intermedia has lived up to your expectations. After such a long career with your previous company, I am sure making the... More

2. "A Cut Above the Rest"

Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. Team approach and collaborative environment. They like to promote from within. Free drinks and snacks, and subsidized lunches.

Cons

I can't work from home or part of the time from home in my current role.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

3. "Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Advisor in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Advisor in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great support staff, great tools, great coworkers and great clients. Did I mention this job was great. I feel like I've accomplished good things at the end of the day. I haven't been able to say that about a job in a long time. If this company stays as good as it started out I would love to make them my career and retire an Intermedian for life. Tons of opportunity here if you're willing to learn and grow.

Cons

I can't see my co-workers face to face.

Advice to Management

We should have some sort of event that we get together for, even regionally and share ideas/hopes and dreams/barbeque sauce recipes... whatever. It would be fun!

Jul 20, 2017 – HR Communications Manager

Welcome to the team! Glad to hear that you are loving the job so much, even if you can't physically be in one of our office locations. We have many remote workers within the organization that are... More

4. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong Leadership with clear vision for the future.

Cons

There are a lot of budget constraints so we have to be creative in finding solutions and resources for our business needs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great marketing and product development initiatives and develop the winning sales team we have.

Jul 20, 2017 – HR Communications Manager

Five years and going strong! It's so great having so many people on the Intermedia team that have been here for 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, and even more! Just goes to show how favorable the... More

5. "tough road ahead"

I worked at Intermedia full-time

Pros

some really good people in the rank and file, who really believe in the mission

Cons

leadership is focused on financial performance over everything,,,, which yields problems in the end.

Jun 30, 2017 – HR Communications Manager

We're sorry that things didn't work out for you at Intermedia. It's not for everyone. You are absolutely right that we have a strong group of intelligent and hard working individuals that believe... More

"A place where you can leave your mark!"

Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intermedia has a very high bar set for what they want to achieve in the near future. There is so much going on here; so many initiatives to improve the business and efforts to grow in a big way. If you are ambitious and hard working, you can really thrive here. If you are a "go-getter" who isn't afraid to ask questions and really dive into the business and all that is going on here, you can make a name for yourself in a good way. Tons of opportunity to leave a mark and add value to the organization for those organized, confident and eager enough to prove themselves. There is tons of support to get things done and lots of "air cover" if you need backing in any of your efforts to improve the business. They are welcome and super excited for new ideas and new ways of creating structure and efficiency.

Cons

There is so much going on at Intermedia, it can seem a bit unorganized and hodge podge. There's a lot of great things already built and happening here, but not a lot of alignment, communication or structure around all these happenings. It seems like there are some growing pains going on; it operates like a scrappy startup, but we have thousands and thousands of customers like a big corporation, so the need for scalability and structure/process is becoming more apparent and crucial to the growth and success of the business and it's employees. More headcount is needed, in many departments. If they could hire the right people in strategic areas, a lot of the fly by night occurrences/behaviors could be improved.

Advice to Management

Look to align sales and marketing and break down the barriers there. Communication between those two teams is critical to creating demand and driving growth. Messaging across the organization needs to be in lock step and consistent.

May 26, 2017 – HR Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. You are absolutely right that those who are ambitious and hard working thrive here. Glad to hear that this has been your experience, and you are getting the opportunities... More

"sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great back office support (onboarding and support) teams. Great SE support as well.

Cons

2017 brought many mgmt. changes and with that came their big company style. Change is good most of the time. But we are not Msft nor do we have the power and influence like a Msft. I would not recommend this for sales people. Company says they are channel focused which means enterprise selling can be a challenge. Quotas are unrealistic for many and seem to be blindly set at a % increase regardless of the account list or change status. Top performers in the past, are not even close to making their numbers now. Certainly performance can change year over year. But we have lost some very talented team mates because the company doesn't seem to fairly set quotas for most revenue generating roles. But for engineering and support, it could be a good place to call home.

8. "Opportunity awaits"

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is serious about promoting talented people. The Operations department is primarily people who started in frontline positions and worked their way up. Department heads are always looking for employees who step up and contribute meaningfully to the team and company goals.
    The company is full of smart people who collaborate. Sure there are some people who are arrogant or rude or self-centered; no company is without them. But at Intermedia, the majority are friendly and supportive and genuinely appreciate their teams.
    Work-from-home options. This is standard for technical support/call center roles and optional for many others.
    Significant and impactful investments are being made in the company by Madison Dearborn.

Cons

More efforts are needed to create a cohesive team across the offices in Mountain View, Bellevue, New York, UK and St Petersburg.

Advice to Management

Listen to all your team leaders, not just those who work/talk/think like you.

May 15, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! Intermedia does pride itself on promoting from within, and recognizing efforts that demonstrate a desire to make a positive impact not only on each and every customer... More

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia (More than 5 years)

Pros

Intermedia has accelerated my professional growth, and couldn't be more grateful. This place has an awesome culture and loves to promote from within. Perks are good, and new matching 401k is awesome.

Cons

Some teams are running pretty lean at the moment, but that looks to be improving soon!

Advice to Management

Continue letting employees know how much they are valued.

Apr 25, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

It’s great to hear that after 5+ years, you still love working at Intermedia. It’s also wonderful to hear that you are being given opportunities to accelerate your own professional career growth... More

"Intermedia"

Current Employee - Partner Account Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Partner Account Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intermedia is not only the leading company offering HEX, but their library of other products makes it easier to sell to all MSP's.

Cons

Parking is getting tight with all the new hires, but on the bright side it has charging stations.

Advice to Management

It would be cool to have more company activities, this way you can get to know everyone in the company.

Apr 18, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

We place great importance on having a fun and interactive company culture here at Intermedia. We celebrate holidays together with events like Halloween costume contests, a catered Thanksgiving feast... More