Intermedia Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Intermedia CEO Michael Gold
Michael Gold

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work from home options (varies by position)" (in 9 reviews)

• "Great people (though they don't always look happy doing their work" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company holidays are low and some leaders are reluctant to allow flexibility in schedules or work from home" (in 5 reviews)

• "No cons to speak of, as the company is always looking forward and appreciates its employees" (in 5 reviews)

"Amazing company, great growth and awesome people!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open, collaborative environment, humble leaders and tremendous growth potential (both career and company).

Cons

Teams tend to be lean, so people wear multiple hats. It's great if you like to be out of your comfort zone and developing, but if you prefer to stick to what you know and where you are comfortable - this may be a challenging environment.

Advice to Management

Remember to continue to foster a great culture, which may be more challenging as people continue to move remote.

Jun 13, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

We appreciate your input. Intermedia does have some amazing employees, that's for sure. With our new unified communications product, Intermedia Unite, we are also well-established to continue... More

"Dynamic Open Culture"

Current Employee - Lead Development Sales Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Development Sales Representative in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intermedia has taken leaps and bounds to make specific changes culturally. This is allowing employees to be able to venture in to a create mode being a full contribution versus dreading coming to work each day.

Cons

Communication - there's a clear lack of communication between leadership, management, and front lines. Often times, it is a "clean up" where instead of being reactive should have been pro active.

Advice to Management

Do not micro manage. Too many chiefs and not enough soldiers you end up getting nothing done and having too high of overhead.

Jun 12, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We've undergone a great deal of change over the last few years and it's great to hear that you too feel that it has set us up for long-term... More

"Fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager, Technical Support in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Technical Support in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was part of an acquisition and we were welcomed into the mix with such kindness by everyone! It's not easy being the new kid. Everyone is busy but makes the time to help you get in the groove. From Execs, HR, Ops, Sales, and colleagues, I have found everyone to be helpful and patient.

Cons

On boarding within my department was a challenge. There are so many systems to learn. A smoother process to getting a new person on boarded within their area would be great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing; communicating about events, achievements and our growth, innovating, and leading our industry. It's very exciting to be a part of an organization that keeps moving forward.

May 4, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

We're as excited as you are about the coming together of AnyMeeting and Intermedia. We're glad to hear that you have felt that openness and that Intermedia team members are making time as needed, all... More

"Sales Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intermedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, always supportive

Cons

There is none for this review

May 2, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Intermedia's sales organization is top notch, run by seasoned leaders with career experience at leading companies such as Microsoft, Cisco, Ingram Micro and others. Our... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Intermedia full-time

Pros

Great people
    Good insurance and benefits
    Probably too many free drinks and snacks :)
    Forward-thinking company that changes quickly
    Not generally micromanaged

Cons

Could use a few better internal processes
    Internal communication could be a bit better

Advice to Management

All in all, I can't complain much. Intermedia is one of the best places to work I have been at in my career. They are fair and try hard with the pretty lean staff they have. Everyone seems to care about doing a good job and putting out a great product.

Apr 5, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

"Intermedia is one of the best places to work I have been at in my career. " That's fantastic to hear! Intermedia is truly a company where driven people can make their mark and see their work... More

"Worth It!"

I have been working at Intermedia full-time

Pros

Intermedia is a great company to work for and provides experience in a wide range of technologies. My experience with the company has been great and my hard work has been noticed. Those who do the bare minimum or slightly above average won't have a chance to go far but those who put in a lot of extra effort and play well with others tend to have more opportunities to move up.

Also, I really enjoy speaking with my co-workers when there is time.

Cons

Company culture is lacking due to it being a remote environment for many employees. I would love to see management work on solutions that will allow us to really get to know our co-workers as people rather than just names in chat or on an email.

Some employees don't communicate respectively with each other and there is no reprimand for doing so. It would be nice to see management step in to make sure communication channels remain constructive and positive. This includes department specific chat channels where I have seen a lot of negative comments towards other departments.

Advice to Management

Don't forget about communicating with your employees that are doing well. It seems like a lot of time is spent on those that have areas of improvement. When having less communication with our managers it can feel like nobody is noticing our hard work which can cause a loss of motivation.

Mar 23, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

So glad to hear your feedback about Intermedia being a great company to work for. One of the great things about Intermedia is that we have a broad yet tightly integrated suite of business cloud... More

"Startup Dynamic in an Enterprise Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is challenging and dynamic. Improvements happen quickly and you work closely with many teams to support a growing product. The company is very open to receiving ideas and suggestions. There's also opportunities to work with international teams and travel if desired. Local perks are nice - good location, free drinks, Friday breakfast, etc.

Cons

Because of the pace of change it can seem overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

Make sure your priorities are clear and shared across leadership to prevent downstream conflicts.

Mar 22, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your perspective. A recurring theme we hear from employees such as yourself is that they enjoy working in an environment where change happens quickly and their efforts deliver... More

"Opportunity ahead - for Intermedia AND its employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intermedia is the type of company that nurtures careers. Those that work hard and think outside of the box are rewarded here, and we truly have some great people! I love what I do, and I feel like I get to make a difference every day. I have the creative freedom to do what I think is best for the company. I am able to try new things. I get to work with and learn from people in all areas of the organization, including a dedicated and passionate management team. Even the CEO makes himself available to staff at all levels and appreciates well considered recommendations and feedback. I feel like my voice is heard and my opinions are validated. I also have a direct manager that has my back, and that says a lot in today's workplace. I've been able to carve out what my role looks like and my manager has been incredibly supportive of this.

Cons

No cons, really. At any company that challenges the status quo, change will be inevitable. The same is true at Intermedia. We've made an impactful pivot to make further investments in the UCaaS market and the future of communication and collaboration. While change can breed uncertainty in some, for most, this is a time of excitement and energy. Intermedia Unite takes the needs of SMBs and the partner community into account and is built to scale and customize as needs evolve. I am very proud to be a part of the organization that has created this solution and love the opportunities that it brings to Intermedia's customers, as well as to my own personal career.

Advice to Management

Continue to regularly communicate with staff about the strategic direction of the company. I believe those that truly understand the nuances behind these shifts are inspired and excited for the ride ahead. I know I am!

Mar 1, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

We're so glad to hear that you feel that hard work is appreciated and acknowledged. The openness and accessibility of the management team is important, and they believe strongly in keeping open... More

"Management has its finger on the pulse of the company"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve been with the company for a combined total of 20 years of service, following coming into the company through an acquisition. What kept me happy at the previous company and now in my 4+ years with Intermedia is the same – great people, the culture, innovative products and career opportunities. I actually look forward to coming to work every day, spending time with an incredibly talented team.

Our goal is to provide a “Worry-Free Experience.” This mindset spreads through the entire organization and extends out to our customers and partners. I love that the company is always evaluating how it can improve, never resting or being satisfied by achieving the status quo. For instance, last year as a direct result of employee feedback, the company started offering us 401k matching. This year we launched our Intermedia Unite communication and collaboration product, which was highly anticipated and has already been extremely well received by both our partner community and customers. The future is exciting at Intermedia.

Cons

No cons to speak of, as the company is always looking forward and appreciates its employees.

Advice to Management

None for now. The management has its finger on the pulse of the goings-on within the company and the industry as a whole.

Mar 1, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

Two decades and still going strong! Thank you for sharing your feedback and about your journey. It's always great to hear from our long-term employees. While we've experienced change in the last few... More

"The BEST team to work with"

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Intermedia elicits feedback from customers and employees and actually takes action on it. No one's opinion is overlooked.
    This company has some of the smartest, kindest, most progressive, creative, and supportive people I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

Cons

I don't have any comments.

Feb 26, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

A decade with Intermedia and still going strong! The people make Intermedia stand out -
     from a coworker perspective and through our J.D. Power certified support experience. Taking action and... More