Intermedia Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 161 reviews

4.5
Intermedia CEO Michael Gold
Michael Gold
Pros
  • "Intermedia is a great place to work(in 39 reviews)

• "Such great people that value teamwork and always willing to help(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Intermedia has grown into new tech categories as the company grows(in 15 reviews)

• "No cons to speak of, as the company is always looking forward and appreciates its employees(in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Product Owner in New York, NY

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome culture Highly collaborative and inclusive environment No bureaucracy One of the leading vendors in the UC market with a great product and mission Plenty of opportunities for growth and development Great leadership team

Cons

Intermedia is constantly evolving and improving. I can't really pinpoint any fundamental downsides. It's a tremendous place to work

Intermedia2019-04-24

"Just Getting Started"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is my second time selling phone systems and unified communication, and the difference between Intermedia and my previous employer is night and day. Not only are the products easy to sell because of all the features and functionality they have that businesses have been looking for, but the support the sales team receives from virtually every dept. is amazing. That and it doesn't hurt to have J.D. Power... certification as part of our story. I actually look forward to Mondays, no matter how cheesy that sounds.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

Intermedia2019-10-07

"Great people!"

Former Employee - Technical Support Advisor

I worked at Intermedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A company mostly staffed with caring individuals. Highly recommended to everyone looking for a steady job and career.

Cons

Call center environment. Your experience varies based on the direct manager.

Advice to Management

The company collects a lot of feedback from customers and employees, but not much seems to be done with the information.

Intermedia2019-09-08

"Great culture, great opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Applications Support Tier II in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

I get paid what I'm worth, regular raises and bonuses, scheduling is flexible, they pay for certifications and provide a lot of education on the job.

Cons

Hardly a con but you have to work if you want the benefits. Study hard, work hard, reap benefits.

Advice to Management

Fewer emails, more face time. I would like to be able to better prioritize the volume of email I get into what's important to what I'm doing in the company.

Intermedia2019-09-13
  5. "not a good place for software developers"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intermedia full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Just showing up at the office is enough to get paid, you can do side projects at the workplace to get some extra money

Cons

Low compensation, broken immigration processes, low hiring bar, reactive management. Intermedia is a sales/support service company, not a tech/engineering company. Keep it in mind if you're thinking to work there as an engineer.

Intermedia2019-09-29

"Great Leaders makes Great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Strong Leadership - Awesome co-workers - Clear vision for future - Easy to reach Senior Leadership - Work is visible and appreciated in cross team collaboration - Great work life balance - Flexible WFH policy. Overall a great company to work.

Cons

- Base Salary is below Average Market Rate - No Stock options for employees below Director Level. - Not a good 401K Match

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good decisions you are already making but think about Employee Retention. I have seen many hard working and intelligent co-workers leaving the company due to poor mid level management.

Intermedia2019-06-21

"Company gone downhill over years (sold out to investors)"

Former Employee - Exchange/VOIP Support in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Intermedia part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Still a good job compared to working at a gas station.

Cons

Bad management (greedy) and do not follow laws / bring them to the employees attention that they have benefits.

Advice to Management

Go out of business

Intermedia2019-08-11

Intermedia Response

August 21, 2019HR Communications Manager

We take any accusation of unlawful action very seriously. Intermedia has been in business for over 20 years, and we are dedicated as an organization to our core values, which include always acting with high integrity and in a legally compliant manner. Intermedia takes great pride in our company’s success and growth, and in achieving those goals the right way. We know that our people are an instrumental part of that, and we are constantly investing in our employees. Your statements about Intermedia are not only inaccurate, but they’re also disrespectful to the nearly 1,000 employees who work hard and with integrity every day to deliver the highest level of cloud applications to over 125,000 businesses. Please contact hrus@intermedia.net to explain any serious concerns you may have.

"I actually like going in to work"

Current Employee - Customer Account Ma in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Intermedia has managed to capture the best parts of "start up culture," without the common downsides. Lots of free drinks, free and discounted meals regularly, a kitchen full of coffee, soda, sparkling water, and snacks... without the weird bro-iness you often find in tech startups. I love my team, and my manager is extremely supportive. I honestly feel like he goes to bat for us, and makes sure we're doing... what we can to earn as much as possible. The compensation structure is pretty fair, our goals are achievable and reasonable. Upper management is extremely accessible, and will often jump in to address issues or assist on feature requests.

Cons

PTO is pretty limited, which is frustrating, and seems old fashioned when compared to the rest of the industry. Our commission is capped at 300% as well.

Intermedia2019-06-19
  9. "Great company, leadership & people"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Intermedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great office environment, great management, positive office vibe, free lunchroom snacks

Cons

Not really much, overall great place.

Intermedia2019-07-16

"The Worry-Free Experience!"

Current Employee - Billing Captain in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company culture and the people are among my favorite things at Intermedia, and one of the main reasons I have been with the company for as long as I have. People believe in and live by the motto, "Provide The Worry-free Experience", and that goes for both customers and employees.

Cons

The commute - highway 237 is one of the worst in the bay area. With that being said , the office location is close to many forms of public transportation (caltrain/VTA)

Intermedia2019-05-31