Intermedia Reviews | Glassdoor

Intermedia CEO Michael Gold
Michael Gold

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The company holidays are low and some leaders are reluctant to allow flexibility in schedules or work from home" (in 5 reviews)

• "No cons to speak of, as the company is always looking forward and appreciates its employees" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Management has its finger on the pulse of the company"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve been with the company for a combined total of 20 years of service, following coming into the company through an acquisition. What kept me happy at the previous company and now in my 4+ years with Intermedia is the same – great people, the culture, innovative products and career opportunities. I actually look forward to coming to work every day, spending time with an incredibly talented team.

Our goal is to provide a “Worry-Free Experience.” This mindset spreads through the entire organization and extends out to our customers and partners. I love that the company is always evaluating how it can improve, never resting or being satisfied by achieving the status quo. For instance, last year as a direct result of employee feedback, the company started offering us 401k matching. This year we launched our Intermedia Unite communication and collaboration product, which was highly anticipated and has already been extremely well received by both our partner community and customers. The future is exciting at Intermedia.

Cons

No cons to speak of, as the company is always looking forward and appreciates its employees.

Advice to Management

None for now. The management has its finger on the pulse of the goings-on within the company and the industry as a whole.

Mar 1, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

Two decades and still going strong! Thank you for sharing your feedback and about your journey. It's always great to hear from our long-term employees. While we've experienced change in the last few... More

"Opportunity abounds"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- A mission you can stand behind: helping small businesses be successful and competitive
    - Great people
    - Opportunities to develop new skills and move into new positions
    - Managers who delegate, support, coach
    - Cutting-edge technology like webRTC

Cons

- No different challenges that any other company in Silicon Valley has

3. "Great company - with a caveat"

Former Employee - Dev Ops Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Dev Ops Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Intermedia (More than a year)

Pros

1. Laid back work environment
    2. Free snacks
    3. Most people are easy to get along with
    4. Managers are easy to talk to
    5. Opportunities for modernization.

Cons

I'll try to be as fair about this as I can, the mostly negative experience I had was with an individual who is known to be difficult to deal with at work (outside of work the said individual is great to hang out with). This experience can definitely get the best of anyone.

The cons are growth opportunities as the company is trying to modernize and anyone new coming in to work can definitely be part of this modernization process:

- Dated systems: some departments are using fairly modern systems which have been built upon legacy systems.
    - Dated methodology: some departments are in the process of adapting the Agile methodology.

- Silos : because certain departments were actually acquired companies, there are silos, but the people working here are approachable.

- Documentation: a lot of the legacy systems and processes barely have documentation which makes troubleshooting them difficult.

Advice to Management

- try your best to help / correct employees who are difficult to deal with.
    - "spread the love": There is not enough documentation and relying on a few knowledgeable employees to troubleshoot/ develop these systems is risky. If there is documentation and knowledge is spread to the group instead of relegating to one person, you can mitigate a lot of risks.

4. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone at Intermedia is friendly. Very open door policy; everyone is willing to answer any question you may have.

Cons

No cons to speak of right now.

5. "Needs honesty improvements"

Former Employee - Help Desk Support in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Help Desk Support in New York, NY

I worked at Intermedia (More than a year)

Pros

Good clientele and business model

Cons

They do not deliver on what they promise their employees

"Accounts"

I worked at Intermedia full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, yearly bonuses and merit increase.

Cons

Level of hiring not equal, micro management.

Advice to Management

Be more fair to some put in efforts.

"Amazing company, great growth and awesome people!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open, collaborative environment, humble leaders and tremendous growth potential (both career and company).

Cons

Teams tend to be lean, so people wear multiple hats. It's great if you like to be out of your comfort zone and developing, but if you prefer to stick to what you know and where you are comfortable - this may be a challenging environment.

Advice to Management

Remember to continue to foster a great culture, which may be more challenging as people continue to move remote.

Jun 13, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

We appreciate your input. Intermedia does have some amazing employees, that's for sure. With our new unified communications product, Intermedia Unite, we are also well-established to continue... More

"Dynamic Open Culture"

Current Employee - Lead Development Sales Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Development Sales Representative in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intermedia has taken leaps and bounds to make specific changes culturally. This is allowing employees to be able to venture in to a create mode being a full contribution versus dreading coming to work each day.

Cons

Communication - there's a clear lack of communication between leadership, management, and front lines. Often times, it is a "clean up" where instead of being reactive should have been pro active.

Advice to Management

Do not micro manage. Too many chiefs and not enough soldiers you end up getting nothing done and having too high of overhead.

Jun 12, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We've undergone a great deal of change over the last few years and it's great to hear that you too feel that it has set us up for long-term... More

"Fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager, Technical Support in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Technical Support in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was part of an acquisition and we were welcomed into the mix with such kindness by everyone! It's not easy being the new kid. Everyone is busy but makes the time to help you get in the groove. From Execs, HR, Ops, Sales, and colleagues, I have found everyone to be helpful and patient.

Cons

On boarding within my department was a challenge. There are so many systems to learn. A smoother process to getting a new person on boarded within their area would be great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing; communicating about events, achievements and our growth, innovating, and leading our industry. It's very exciting to be a part of an organization that keeps moving forward.

May 4, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

We're as excited as you are about the coming together of AnyMeeting and Intermedia. We're glad to hear that you have felt that openness and that Intermedia team members are making time as needed, all... More

"Sales Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intermedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, always supportive

Cons

There is none for this review

May 2, 2018 – HR Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Intermedia's sales organization is top notch, run by seasoned leaders with career experience at leading companies such as Microsoft, Cisco, Ingram Micro and others. Our... More